Fattyboomsticks

Setting goal weights, surgeons input and he

Ahhhhhh!!!

I just lost a huge post!

Anywho, basically I was wondering what everyone's height, goal weight and surgeons goal weight (if different to yours is)

My surgeon never volunteered a goal weight and when I asked once at a fill I got the 60% of excess lost story, which, no disrespect to anyone of course but isnt what I want. Having gone through WLS I want to get as low as possible and from memory when I lost a bit on cohens a few years ago my body seemed to sit for awhile at about 73kg (I'm 173cm) I would like to get to the late 50s or early 60s. I'm still young and if I can I would like to have a turn of being "skinny" - that's my dream.

Below are some websites I've been looking at showing women at different weights and heights you may like.

Anyway, I'm rambling. Question is:

What' is/was your goal weight?

Surgeons goal (if different to yours)

Height?

How did you set your goal?

Also, going below a higher end of healthy goal does weight loss slow down a lot? How did/do you stay motivated?

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+2&weight=100&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1

well Im certainly no longer young - wish I had this opportunity 20 years ago - but like you, I want to get at least to the high 60's my surgeons goal is 90 kg from 125 and I would be happy with 75kg if thats the best I can do. May be pause & take stock at 75.......

P.S. iM 170CM

I agree with you Kip. I am 163 and set a goal of 70 to start. Weight for height says I should be lighter but I am not so young and I am a realist.

Fatty..surgeon let me set my goal and didnt disagree.

Cheers

I am a bit confused as well. I was about 30 kls over my highest weight range when I was banded and so far have managed to lose 11 kls. My surgeon said he could guarantee 18 kls max. I have set my goals on at least 20 kls hopefully more. The Doctor I go to for fills says if I follow his diet (which is really severe) he will guarantee the 20 kls. So I am just giving his diet ago and hopefully over time the weight will continue to come off. I have read on this forum about older banders who seem to be in a plateau stage and not losing weight. So I am not sure what will happen to me. I thought if you continued to eat less and exercise you would continually lose weight. I guess time will time what will happen to me.

Good post! When i initially had my appointment with the surgeon i said to him i would be so happy at 75kg's. I started off at 103 and 172ish cm's. He said he would like me to get somewhere between 72-75. Anyhow I'm currently sitting around 84 and 75kg's is definitely not where i will stop. Im now thinking 65-68kg's.

• Like 1

I am 173cm 110kgs and i am aiming for 75kgs this wot the doc and i have set but who knows

Hi I'm 132kg and approx 165cm... My dream goal is 70kg but my doc told me I need to lose 80kg which freaked me out a bit! Might have been a bit of a miscalculation though, I could never imagine weighing 52kg!!

He said I should lose at least 50% of excess weight though.

Hi all, I am 173cms also my starting weight was 119.9kgs and I am now 72.6kgs, doc was hoping for 80 kgs at the best and I was going for 75kgs, but in sayi g that I think it depends on your body shape too, I have gone from size 22-24 and am now size 12 and I'm not sure that I would continue to look good or healthy if I went much further....all personal choice though...good luck!

Hmmm....interesting topic. Firstly I'm quite short...just shy of 150cm. According to the BMI scale 50kg would put me in the middle of the 'normal' category. I'm aiming to get down to between 60 and 65 kilos.

When I talked to the doctor he was happy with a number in the 60s - that would be 60%+ of my excess weight. At my last appointment he considered my weightloss to date and lifestyle changes a success - and he is absolutely right! I've gone from a (tight) size 22 to a 14, am back running, have reduced my health risk factors significantly and am feeling great! He knows I'm keen to get down to 60kgs but to stop there. 60-65 kgs will put me in the overweight classification and probably a size 12. To get there would be AMAZING!

I've asked a few people my height if they would mind me sharing their weight and clothes size, I've explained that I'm working on ditching a few kilos, most have been happy to share. The people my height that have shared have been in the low 50kgs or in the 60-65kg area - I've noticed that those at the higher end are often fitter so there is a muscle factor there to consider and they looked really healthy.

For what it is worth, take on board the goal your doctor set, set your mind to getting to that then reasses it. If you feel you can loose a bit more give it a go!

S

Hello,

At my first consultation I was 103kgs, by the next one I was 110kgs! I had a lot of last suppers :unsure: My dr had a chart thing and decided that the lowest he would be comfortable with was 64 (he first suggested 75kgs). However I am aiming for 60kgs (I am 169cm). I am 19 and have always been the fattest of my friends so it is my turn to be the slim, healthy one.

BeeBop

Hi! Very interesting post. Its amazing how something like your weight and clothing size, which I'd never share with friends, is so easy to share with perfect strangers. I guess because you know everybody else is here because they know what its like to be a higher weight/clothing size :)

I'm 21 years old

Height: 155cm

Weight: 107kg

My goal: 70kg

Doctor's goal: 65-69kg (under 70kg basically)

Clothing: size 18-20 on top, 16-18 bottoms

I'm a realist. I dont expect to be "skinny" and I have no desire to lose more weight than is necessary and begin to look unhealthy. My fiance likes me curvy and while he wants me to lose the weight (for me, not him), he doesnt want me to be too thin, so I would be happy to be a size 12. Thats my goal, if I make it to a 10, i'd be over the moon.

My starting weight was 126kg

My dr's goal was 85kg

My goal was 75kg

Current weight 73 kg (stable for 6 months now)

Took 14 months to loose the 53 kg

I'm 168cm tall and 40 yrs old

What' is/was your goal weight? Starting weight at first appt was 116. I put on 2kg over christmas so my heaviest was 118kg in January. My goal weight is to be comfortable in myself and happy in myself. In saying that i want to go as far as I can. I know I will never be a 6, 8, or 10 as its just not my shape. 12 maybe - 14 absolutely. If I had to put a number - 75?

Surgeons goal (if different to yours): 68kg

Height? 160cm

How did you set your goal? As above.

Start weight: 113

Goal weight: 70 Set by me. I am 162cm and an oldie on the forum at 58

I think my goal is realistic for my age. I'm sitting on just over 90 for 8 weeks and don't seem to be able to budge it :( Banded for 5 months.

Start weight 107kg

My goal weight 75kg

Surgeons goal 85kg

Dream weight 65kg

Height 168cm

My surgeons goal was discussed and settled on as an achievable high end goal. My goal is lower but still realistic. Dream goal......well, I'll see about that when the weight is going down!

I was banded on 25 August 2010.

My pre-optifast weight was 123.9 kgs

My goal (as agreed with the surgeon) is 85 kgs.

My dream weight is 75 kgs

My current weight is 97 kgs (wavering beween 96 and 97.5 at the moment)

My height is 167 cm

My age is 38

I was banded in March 2010.

My starting weight was 119kg.

My doctor has not set me a goal but asked me what I wanted my goal weight to be. He seems happy with this.

My goal weight is 62kg.

My current weight is 68.6kg. I've been mucking about at this weight for a few months now and and need to get serious about the last few kilos.

I am 164cm's tall and am 48 years old.

Leanne

Great thread.

I was banded in March 2011 at 106kg. I'm 168cm tall and 39 years old.

My current weight is 88kg and I'm aiming for 68kg (dream weight). My surgeon didn't set a target weight just said that 60% loss of excess weight is considered success which would probably be around 80kg I think (yeah, I'm an accountant and can't add up to save my life - could be anything). He doesn't seemed fussed about my slow rate of loss or setting a target weight; just happy with the journey. I have to admit sometimes I get down about how slow I am compared to others on this site but I remind myself that I wouldn't even be at this weight if I hadn't been banded. The 80's were a distant memory and I'm so grateful I've gotten to see them again!

I'm 176cm

banded at age 46

was banded at 113kg

surgeons goal weight 80kg

my goal weight 77kg

got down to 81.5kg

I am 158cms so I wont ever be playing basketball anytime soon. Banded 12/01/12 at age 28.

I was 160 Kilos when started the optifast/preop stage, current weight 132 kilos.

Surgeons Goal - at first consult he said he would be happy at 80-90 kilos as it would be alot healthier and realistic if I got to that weight. After 1 month consult post-op he was so happy and said he wanted to re-evaluate my goal as I had done so well in the first month to 70-80Kilos for goal weight. He also told me that I can have my own goal if I chose that could differ from the goal we discussed but I think 70-80 kilos is both realistic and would make me happy. He did tell me the healthy weight range for my height is 53-57 kilos and that we would re-evaluate once I started to lose more. I would be happy to get closer to my normal weight range, but im taking it one day at a time :)

Hi there,

I've been banded for over a year now ...

My height - 171cm

Starting weight - 127kg

Current Weight 83kg

Surgeons Goal - 89kg

My Goal - 65-70kg

My Goal weight might seem a bit skinny to people who have and know me, but like you I just want to be Skinny for a while :) I'm 30 but still think I'm Young :)

I am struggling with the idea of not being able to loose my excess skin and am having a consult with a cosmetic surgeon to get his opinion, my surgeon thinks I'm the perfect candidate for a tummy tuck. Don't get me wrong though I've been working and still work my butt off at the gym but I think there is some excess that's not going away anytime soon....

Good Luck :)

I feel like I'm aiming too low... I've seen people on here aiming for less weight than I am and I'm only 159cms tall.

My surgeon's goal weight for me is 2kgs higher than my own personal goal weight. So technically I'm 2.5kgs off his 'goal'.

But he did say to me that I might feel too skinny any less than his goal weight (not sure that's possible after years of being obese!?)

My ideal weight was 65kgs but I re-set the mentality to aim for 68. I'd be happy with that, I think...

Stating weight - 103kg

Current weight - 72-74 up and down up and down.

Banding age - 26

Height - 166cm

Surgeons first goal - 79kg

Surgeon doesn't want me below 69kg (reckons because i've always been over weight i'll have stronger bones? and there for might actually be UNDER weight at 69)

Dietician - reckons go for about 67-68kg

My own goal - haven't had one really until recently. I've been overweight for so long that I've got NO IDEA what it would feel like for me at different weights. now i'm thinking I'd like to get to a size 10 (size 12-14 atm) so i think 65 will do it.

Hi all, must agree this is very interesting

Current weight 103 kg but need to get LSS sorted or that could be alot more before i get a date set :)

Height 163 cm

Surgeons goal weight 80 kg, He said he would be happy with a 20% of total weight loss

My goal weight 70ish kg, to be revised once achieved.

Good luck to all.