fatmomma

1st Fill

Hi all, I had my first fill yesterday (4.5ml) but it didn't all go to plan like the doctor thought. The doctor could feel my port but the needle wouldn't go into the port and after three goes he had to use a bigger needle. It was a bit of a struggle but he managed to do it, but it was more uncomfortable for me as i had to keep trying to hold my legs up in the air which i found very hard to do. In the end he seems to think I have a lot of scar tissue that has formed over the port. Overall I was very happy with my visit as i had my first weighin and I lost 10.8kg, Yippee.

Start Weight 146kg

19/04/12 135.2kg

• Like 4

that's a bummer that they had so much trouble finding the port...but as you lose weight it should hopefully be easier :)

• Like 1

Congratulations that's a great weightloss!

I Hope all goes well with your port on your next fill! :)

• Like 1

Yes Fantastic Weight loss, and it will get easier as your body size shrinks... My surgeon called me skinny the other day I laughed.... I still want to lose another 10-15kg but he said I've surpassed his expected weight loss so he considers me a success :) You'll Get there it's hard to believe like it was for me but you will get there :)

• Like 1

Hi all, I had my first fill yesterday (4.5ml) but it didn't all go to plan like the doctor thought. The doctor could feel my port but the needle wouldn't go into the port and after three goes he had to use a bigger needle. It was a bit of a struggle but he managed to do it, but it was more uncomfortable for me as i had to keep trying to hold my legs up in the air which i found very hard to do. In the end he seems to think I have a lot of scar tissue that has formed over the port. Overall I was very happy with my visit as i had my first weighin and I lost 10.8kg, Yippee.

Start Weight 146kg

19/04/12 135.2kg

I feel your pain... I had my first fill last night and it took 4 goes to get the needle in! I could feel the needle hit the port and slip off and poke me in what ever organs where around it! But he changed his needle and got me to lie very flat and bingo, hit the port first try :)

Hope ur next fill is a better experience and well done on your weight loss.

Kell X

• Like 1

Hi all, how are you all going. Today i had my second fill that went really well but I may have another op to move my port. Where my port scar is, I have a sharp stinging pain and tenderness. Dr said I have torn my muscles where he stitched the port down and if it gets too painful he'll need to operate and move the port somewhere else so I'm on bed rest for a couple of days to see how it goes.

Start Weight 146kg

19/04/12 1st Fill 135.2kg

17/05/12 2nd Fill 127.8kg

Total loss 18.2kg

Congrats on your weight loss

Meggi x

Hi all, how are you all going. Today i had my second fill that went really well but I may have another op to move my port. Where my port scar is, I have a sharp stinging pain and tenderness. Dr said I have torn my muscles where he stitched the port down and if it gets too painful he'll need to operate and move the port somewhere else so I'm on bed rest for a couple of days to see how it goes.

Start Weight 146kg

19/04/12 1st Fill 135.2kg

17/05/12 2nd Fill 127.8kg

Total loss 18.2kg

Where is your port located? mine is just left of my breast bone so i just lift my head a bit and the port pops up. Hopefully they don't operate *fingers crossed*

Hi Eoralin. My port is on the left side between my breast and belly button but closer to the belly button end. I also have alot of scar tissue formed over the top of my port. It doesn't hurt all the time with the stinging stabbing pain just tenderness but my Aunty said hers was like that for 12months so I'm not worried yet. :)

Hi Meggi, thank you for the positive feedback much appreciated. :)

Hi eggzy82. There is no pain at all with a fill, you don't even feel the needle going in. Try practising lifting your legs up in the air slightly and hold them there because it apparently tightens your stomach muscles and pushes your port up to the surface so it's easier to get the needle in. It takes about 15seconds from start to finish. Good Luck

Hows the port site...hope its settled down :)

Great weight loss. I'm jealous!

I'm very disappointed. Didn't have a 1st fill but a 1st empty. My band is too tight and they had to take all the fluid out. If symptoms persist i might have to get the band loosened for months before it can be put back. Non of this was part of the agenda :(

Great weight loss. I'm jealous!

I'm very disappointed. Didn't have a 1st fill but a 1st empty. My band is too tight and they had to take all the fluid out. If symptoms persist i might have to get the band loosened for months before it can be put back. Non of this was part of the agenda :(

My sisters friend has had her band for 12 months with no fill and she has lost 25kgs but now the wait loss has stopped so I think she now needs a fill. Keep your chin up your doing really well. :)

Hows the port site...hope its settled down :)

Hi, the port site is still painful but nothing I can't handle. I get kidney stones every year and they are 10 times worse than labor but I have boosted up my exercise so maybe that's why I've torn my muscles. Good luck with your journey. :)

Hi eggzy82, how are you going? I'm not sure if they will do a fill but your wound should not be open and oozing, it might be an infection. My port isn't under the incision site its about 1 1/2 inches to the right of it so maybe they will be able to give you a fill. Good luck :)