Happyfrog

Things you wished you did before the band etc

Hey, I'm not banded I am in the process of making appts etc.

My question or questions are

Is there anything that you wished you had done or did do and think that others would benefit doing too before you were banded?

Also what particular item/items have you bought that you love or hate?

Anything else that you can think of that you could suggest would more than wonderful

• Like 1

I wish:

1. someone had told me about the whole not eating and drinking thing.

2. I'd done it years ago

3. I'd perhaps given more consideration to the sleeve

• Like 1

I'm one year in and refuse to dwell on the past and prefer to only think about the good things I'm to experience in the further.

Best of luck with you're journey

• Like 3

1. I wished I'd done it sooner rather than naievely believing the next diet would work even though science says 90% of ppl who lose weight put it back on.

2. I wish I hadn't binged in the lead up to optifast and surgery. Everything you put on between deciding you might get a band and getting one is extra weight you ahve to lose (for me this was quite a bit). I kind of took the eat whatever the hell i like while i can mentality which is really dysfunctional. The truth is you can still eat everything you want with a band just less of it so don't go crazy especially if you will be waiting a while. In the 9 months between when the doctor first mentioned it and when I got it I put on 18 kilos. If i hadn't done that I'd already be at goal....

• Like 3

Thanks everyone, I was thinking the same to cut down on things now so it wouldn't be such a shock when the band is in.

Like others, I wish I hadn't have binged before surgery...

I wish I had given greater consideration to getting a sleeve (the length of recovery put me off)

I wish I had practiced eating slower, chewing more and taking smaller bites beforehand

I wish I had read 'Fat Chance' before getting the band

I wish I had WLS sooner!

I wish I had done it years ago saved myself alot of discomfort and emotional pain.

Same as most of the other posts so Ill put a different spin on mine (Why Im glad I have done the WLS thing now)

- I have had a tubaligation so no more kids I have 2 beautiful children and Im not having any more its time to tackle the beast that is my weight.

- Im still young so that should help with less loose skin and it will give me longer to live once I have lost the weight (I would hope)

- Life should be alot easier with less weight, I can enjoy life and not hide from it.

- Im glad I did it now as I met my husband and I know he loves me for me as he met me very overweight and loved me still.

Now things I want to do once I reach goal

- Jump out of a plane and scare the hell out of myself.

- Be able to do the rides at showgrounds with my kids and not feel like the loser left out as my husband has to take them as I cant fit.

- I want to take some sexy pics for my hubby and myself where I can feel good about the way I look and like what I see.

- New tattoo something symbolic of what I have been through and the new me maybe

- This is the last one but I want some sexy stelleto boots you know the knee high leather boots with the stelleto heels the hot ones all the skinny girls wear in the winter Im hoping next winter I get some of those and look just as hot!!!

I wish l had tried the lap band hypnosis therapy, if l had been aware this was available l certainly would of given it a go. Although l did not know before banding how my body or mind was going to react to the banding therefore if l had of known what l no now l think hypnosis would of been an option for me to try. I am 3mths post band, havent had a fill and at this stage loosing 1 sometimes 2kg a week and rarely feel hungry. I can only eat very small amounts until my body tells me to stop. I have been told this wont last forever and eventually l will need a fill by my surgeon. Sometimes l think its all in the mind......

Wow Jumma some of your goals are also mine especially jumping out of a plane I have always wanted to do it but am to heavy. And I know what you mean about hte boots you look at them and say i wish lol.

The input is fantastic thanks so much.

• Like 1

i want to do belly dancing - just not with this belly!

• Like 1

like others wish I had done it sooner

my main wish is - I wish I had sorted my emotional sh*t out years ago so I didn't let my weight ever get to where it got to!

• Like 1