Carislb

June 2012 Bandits

It depends on your surgeon Working Mum, I was told to have fluids for one day then some mushies for one or two days then normal. Basically a mini post op. Just chew well when you do the normal just to make sure it goes down ok. I had no probs am probably ready for second fill. Let me know how you go. X

Have you started losing weight after one fill? I am hoping the weight starts coming off after this fill on Monday.

Yes but the weight loss is slow. Had fill about 5 weeks ago, think I need to go back to surgeon in next couple of weeks to see if I need second fill.

I wonder what the average number of fills is before people start losing weight.

My surgeon told me that the maximum I will probably need to go to is 7 mls. Thats only another 1.5 mls. So interesting times ahead. Waiting to hear how you go tomorrow ask lots of questions.

• Like 1

Had my second fill, he found the port first go. No bruises no blood very accurate, I was impressed!

Still think it is not enough though I am at 8ml. I can feel restriction and funnily I feel it is less than my last fill ( not possible I know ).

I am heading to the USA on Thursday for 17 days and wont see him for my 3rd fill until the12th of October...My weight loss has also really slowed and I am exercising regularly. SO FRUSTRATING...

One morning I weighed myself and I had put on 2 kilos in a matter of days.. (I did have my period and assuming it was fluid retention) The scales went down again but not all of it.

Keep looking forward and acknowledging how far we have already come.

Hope everyone is well :)

• Like 1

Ok so I had my first fill this morning. I had a light breakfast and asked about what happens if you have just eaten. The receptionist (also the doctors wife) said that he can just remove all fill to allow the food to go straight through, but he didn't need to do that.

I had 4 ml put in and then had a drink of water. I nearly vomited on it and started to choke so he took a tiny bit of fill out. I was fine after that except that the water I had in the doctors office has been sloshing around in my stomach ever since and making me feel a tad queezy.

I took the day off work to see how I go and am catching up on some much needed house work. I am starting to feel my tummy rumbling a little now. It sounds like hunger pains but I don't really feel hungry so not sure what that is all about.

Thinking about having a diet shake for lunch.

He said that over the next couple of hours the band will get tighter. He also mentioned he would be there until 5pm so if I need any more taken out I can get that done. I am sure I will be fine.

Next appointment in 4 weeks. He said I would probably have a ml then and then .5ml each fill after that.

So excited! Bring on the weight loss (please)

Congrats you have inspired me to go for my second fill on Thursday. Think my weight loss is a bit slow but will see what she says maybe I am expecting too much too soon.

My gf had lap band before me and she said it took 12 months to get to a fill level of 5ml. Her doctor would only do .5 to 1ml at a time.

So glad I got the 4 ml!!!!

I think I am expecting the weight to drop off overnight having said that I can feel it in my clothes but the scales aren't as kind. At least they're not going up. Let me know how you go in the next few days WM.

Ok, I woke up this morning and don't feel like I could eat the crutch out of a low flying duck, so I guess that is a good thing.

• Like 2

Ok, I woke up this morning and don't feel like I could eat the crutch out of a low flying duck, so I guess that is a good thing.

lol that's funny..... And if u really think about it it may put u off wanting a big feed......
  • Like 1

Hi Guys, Just thought I would check in, I see you guys are doing great with fills etc, I think Dr Dolan is sometimes a bit generous with fills and I've had a bit too much twice now. but on another note, I have lost a fair bit of weight so i'm happy with that. :) I have had to slow right down with my eating and drinking ( I was gulping down my water) since I have remembered to chew and take smaller bites and sips I've been doing much better Not going back to see doc until I return from Malaysia late October.

I also find when I don't eat enough (under 800 calories) I don't lose anything)

I can still eat bread and pasta but can't eat baked beans without pain :( might need more chewing practice...lol

I have set a challenge for myself it would be fun if anyone wants to join in (nothing to lose except weight right?)

I am dragging out the wii fit tonight and setting it up (charging up the batteries etc) and setting a goal of 15 minutes per day (I have been really slack) any form of exercise would be fine.

I will check in each day and keep you posted with my progress (this will make me do it)

Hope you are all keeping well

Cheers

• Like 3

Hey LBD, you are doing well. you can count me in for the challenge. :)

Hey cool Judy, should be fun, well I'm all set up and going to do some hula hoop and some step :o), I have a nice piece of fish for dinner after :) I have about a dozen dvd workouts as well so I might step it up a notch or two next week, hopefully the muscles won't be too sore.

what are you planning on Judy?

My plan Trace is to do some walking at lunch at work. Start back at the gym on the weekend and wait for it... Going to check out a martial arts class next Monday night. Have also been. doing a food diary on my fitness pal.com. You have had a better weight loss result, mine is slow, must be in need of fill.

sounds like a good plan, my other half isn't feeling too well and had decided to curl up on the lounge, so won't be getting the Wii out tonight or playing my "doof doof" music as he calls it...lol :angry:

• Like 1

Oh my goodness! It's working! The fill is actually working! What a difference!

I had an Up and Go for breakfast, then some crackers before lunch (low fat with low fat cheese) and a Lean Cuisine for lunch, and I couldn't even eat all the Lean Cuisine!!!!!

So excited!

• Like 2