Carislb

June 2012 Bandits

It will all come together. For all of us it is such a big learning curve. I find the food is harder to get down but I still have to keep telling myself to chew more. I also thought I was doing everything so right using Fitness Pal and exercising. Today I decided to type in Cashew Nuts for the calorie amount, OMG nearly fell off the chair, they are on the do not eat list now. Everything else I am doing is good, so we all have our foods that we like then find out they are a No No.

Just hang in there WM and remember any loss is good. Keep posting it always helps. x

• Like 1

OK guys. I have booked in for a fill on December 17. I am a bit worried about our sit down Christmas luncheon at the mother in laws this year with the whole family present. Nobody except my husband knows I have had lap band surgery.

What do I eat? How do I explain this one??

Maybe if I chew really really well I will be ok.

The other night at a meeting they put on pizza and I managed to eat 2 slices by chewing really well.

I actually stepped foot inside a gym this morning!!! Shock horror!!! I even completed a class, called Body Pump!!!! Even more shock horror!!!

• Like 1

Good on you WM. How did you feel after it and did you enjoy the class.???

I really did enjoy it, although I pulled up a bit sore the next day. Even today I am still a tad sore, but I still can't get over the fact that for a little bit of output, I gained so much energy from it!!! I went home and cleaned like crazy and even today, cleaned the grout in the tiles in the kitchen and still feel awesome.

So much so, that I just joined up for a 12 month gym membership!!!! Am I crazy?? I hope not!

I suspect that this was the missing link I was looking for all along and I think I should now start getting the results I wanted. At least I hope so!!!

Fingers crossed.

I hope everyone else is doing well and I wish everyone success in their goals over the crazy Christmas period.

My diet tip for the day......mop the floors in the kitchen so that you won't want to go to the fridge for a snack, lol.

• Like 2

I have been working out at the gym. I did two classes in a row on Sunday (2 hours) because I had parent night for my daughters Monday and knew I wouldn't get to the gym. Today I had a weigh in and I have gained half a kilo!!!! How do you even do that???

It better be muscle because I have been busting myself in body pump classes and box fit and ab workouts and even some sort of mix of yoga and Pilates and downward dog sun worship warrior nonsense that I was terribly uncoordinated at!!!!

I am feeling great but even my Tanita scan said I had 1% more body fat than when I started! How can that be?!?!

Know how you feel WM. I have hit a brick wall, the scales refuse to budge despite counting cals on My Fitness Pal every day, and also been under the 1200 cals. Very frustrating. I guess we have to just keep plodding along. If you decide to do My fitness pal I am under the name of Veurve. Would love to have any of the June Bandits on there with me.

I just joined that today!!!! I have added you.

I listed my lunch but then half of it came back up lol. I wanted to go back and edit it but decided not to hahahaha

• Like 1

i have hit a wall too, my leg still in the boot so just starting to rehab now.

eating less but moving less :(

i have not been using my fitness pal for a while but add me and i will haha

leeesal is my name on there...

:)

• Like 2

Yay! Finally seeing some movement on the scales! At least on my scales at home! The scales at the gym seem to weigh heavy. Maybe they are rigged that way. It's a big conspiracy hahaha

• Like 1

Went and saw my surgeon today, and got 1ml taken out, as I've found the more pregnant I get (I'm only 18 weeks at the moment) the harder it is to eat. This is my first baby and it's made me VERY hormonal and emotional, and I find when I'm emotional, my band get tights and I can't eat, which then stresses me out more.

I got the one 1ml out this morning at 8am and I already feel so much better and had a little breakfast and everything went down without feeling sick, and saliva forming in my mouth and horrible pains! Amazing the difference 1ml can make.

I hope now, everything is just smooth sailing. I was disappointed with no weight loss, but he told me if I had no baby in my belly, it would of been at least a 10kgs weight loss and he is so happy with my progress. So that is nice :)

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope all is going well!

I had a weigh in at the gym yesterday on the scales I swear are rigged to weigh heavy lol.

In 13 days I have lost 2.5 kilo and 4% body fat!!!!!!!!

I am so pumped! Finally seeing results and all it took was joining the gym and doing some exercise! Who would have thought!!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas today with their loved ones.

Mrs Slim you will be a Mummy next Christmas! How exciting is that?

Hi June Bandits!

We should have all had our 6 month bandiversaries, how did we go?

To date I've lost 22.1kgs (it feels so strange writing that.. it looks a lot, but doesn't feel a lot...).

I'm at 6.3ml and I'm definitely in my green zone. Have a few stuck moments every now and then - usually on something benign like a David Jones food hall macaron on Christmas Eve!! Couldn't believe it.

• Like 2

That's amazing Carislb!!!!! My loss has been a lot slower, but speeding up now that I have jopined the gym.

I struggle with a lot of solid foods and wonder if I might need a tad removed, but am perservering as I don't want to slip into old habits!!!!

Good luck everyone.Hope you are all going well xoxoxox

• Like 1

Thanks Working Mum :) It's nice to hear encouragement from my fellow bandits - with so many numbers flying around it's hard not to compare.

I struggle with solid food most days too - when I got .3ml to take me to 6.3ml, I thought I was too tight as well, but as long as I keep to the 'rules' of well sauced, chewing, and taking your time, I seem to be okay. I think patience is key but I certainly don't have it!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

I had to get 1ml taken out before Christmas because I think being pregnant, I just couldn't eat. I was lucky if I could get one meal down a day.

Since getting that 1ml out, it's made all the different which is great, but I've notice I have put on weight, but I'm also not sure if that is baby weight, because I have noticed my belly is actually starting to show! Freaky :) 

Can't wait to meet my little girl. I can feel her moving around every now and then and it's a pretty cool feeling.

Good luck to everyone for the new year. I am looking forward to giving birth and then getting my fill put back in and losing the weight and experiencing motherhood :)

• Like 1

Hi and Happy New Year Lovely June Bandits,

It sounds like everyone is doing well. I actually lost a bit over Christmas even if it is coming off slowly I am happy with that. I think I am in my Green Zone and I too have the stuck moments. Had a bit of Bacon the other morning was a bit dry and once something gets stuck, thats it for me, the rest of the meal gets pushed away.

Hope everyone is well. I love reading all your posts.

Cheers x

• Like 1

Judy, I think I may be in the red zone too. All I want to do is eat really soft slider foods, and just reading other bandits eating full meals of say, a beef stir fry with rice makes me salivate with desire! i haven't eaten like that since early days of my band.

If I don't chew something until it's absolutely DESCRATED in my mouth, ie, resembles NOTHING and tastes NOTHING like how it went in, I'll get stuck. Big time stuck. And chewing food until it tastes like ARSE makes me not want to eat anything delicious because the whole process is ruined! I'm getting a bit ARGHHHH with my band.. I just like to have normal food, just small portions?! I guess not...

• Like 1

Carsilb, I know how you feel. I went to a Birthday lunch on Saturday. Had a few glasses of Bubbles felt tipsy felt great. Decided to be brave and put some lamb on my plate. Mistake. I should have known as soon as I had trouble cutting it with a knife. (good indication of whats to come.) Of course that stuck feeling came on which makes me put my knife and fork down, pretend I,m having a break and try and look interested in the conversation.

It does pass after a couple of minutes but it stops me in my tracks. My rule now is eat the soft stuff first and try the meat last, at least that way I have had some nutrition.

I am on My Fitness Pal and my friends say with what I eat I should be like a broom stick,( If only. ) I tell them I hope to be eventually. I brought the Avancer soup maker that everyone talks about. Love it, however feel like I am back to Baby food at times.

I noticed you have lost 60% well done. It must be working. x

• Like 1

BTW where are all the other June Bandits. Want to hear how you are all going.x

I'm here :)

Finally losing now that I am working out. I am steadily losing so I'm pretty happy with that.

I would kill for a nice omelette with cheese, bacon, onion, mushroom, spinach mmmmm but no! I can't eat much at all and live on soup mostly.

I'm not complaining though because I am losing weight but the thought of a piece of steak or a chop.....mmmmm hahahaha

• Like 1

Hi Working Mum,

Great to hear from you. I am surprised to hear that you are unable to eat an omelette as I can still eat things like that, I am starting to wonder if I need more fill.

I have just got a referal to see a Surgeon closer to home as to see my surgeon is a good 40 minute drive in all the traffic

I am going to the Philippine Islands in 3 weeks so I need to see if I need any fill taken out. It is a shame that a regular GP cant remove a bit of fluid from a Lap Band.

Sounds like you are doing really well, its amazing how doing even just a little bit of exercise can help. Take care.

Hey everyone! Has been hard 6 months! Being pregnant has been easy enough, but it's been playing with my mind because we didn't plan it, I had wanted to lose weight not gain! I had to get some fill taken out before Christmas, which showed a 10kg increase in weight which I also know is my baby as well, so I'm not stressed, but I do know my surgeon wanted to try and keep me at my weight before I got pregnant. It's been really hard.

I got a bit of fill put in a couple of weeks ago, which has curbed my appetite a little but not much, and I've gained 1kg over the past 2 weeks, which I'm guessing is more baby than anything else.

My OB and surgeon are keeping in close contact with each other to make sure me and baby are healthy and that my bubba is growing the right amount, so I'm not stressed about any of that. I see them both now every 2 weeks. I'm 27 weeks and just can't wait to have her, so I can firstly meet her, and then get this weight off me!

How's it all going for everyone else?

• Like 1

I am going great now that I have joined the gym! Who would have thought, lol. I am losing weight and feeling great and very very happy. Hope everyone else is going well too. Xoxoxox.

• Like 2

I saw my Doctor this week. 4 kilos in 4 weeks yay! It seems I haven't lost anything off my bust at all! I am really hoping that this area shrinks along with the rest of me because I hate being so large busted. Anyone else noticing that some areas are not shrinking whilst other areas are??

• Like 1