bandkate

What to tell people

Hi Bandkate,

I told people work I was just going on holidays. My boss knew the real story (as I took sick leave not annual leave). When colleagues asked whether I was going anywhere I just said 'no, home holiday, relaxing and chilling out' which was true really as I couldnt do much afterwards!

I took 2 weeks off work which was a good amount of time as I had the whole liquids stage at home. Then when I came back to work and was eating mushies (soups) for lunch no one batted an eyelid!

• Like 2

I believe a lot of people say gall bladder, and im sure i read somewhere that one funny bugger said it was gender reassingment surgery. :lol:

There are a few threads about this topic if you have a look :blink:

You can always tell them its secret womans business :ph34r: I bet that would stop any further questions!

• Like 1

My doctor said don't use the gallbladder excuse, as you may need it removed later on and then what are you going to say? Gallstones can be linked with weightloss so there are chAnces we could have issues.

He suggested say it is surgery for reflux or a hiatus hernia.

I didn't say anything at work - just that I needed a minor operation - why would they ask for further details? Maybe I'm just anti-social - it has been said.

I didn't say anything at work - just that I needed a minor operation - why would they ask for further details? Maybe I'm just anti-social - it has been said.

I did the same... I did not plan to tell anyone but i recovered well, i think now think if anyone asks I would tell... So told friends after the surgery, just made casual...

Why is this under the 'site suggestion' thread?!

• Like 1

I didn't tell work either... and for those of my friends who were really concerned for my well-being I just told them I had my gall bladder out. Reason being is that I have already had it out years ago and no one knows and you also get 5 scars for that and have to be careful with what you eat! And also can have weight loss etc... I figured it was a good cover story for a secret bandit like me :P