Cath1304

August 2012 Bandits

Wow Ali!! That is awesome congrats and keep that weight loss pumping!

I laid in bed last night thinking how grateful I am to finally have the stress of my health and weight gone! I am finally on my to a healthier future and am starting to reap the rewards by looking good in clothes! I love my band!

• Like 2

Ali congrats. Awesome result. Paula and miss m you are both doing well too. Keep it up gals! Not long till Xmas.

Just need to get thru the silly season and all the temptations!

• Like 1

Thanks Barbarella! I am having a quiet Christmas with a seafood and salad lunch - will probably just be alcohol that will be an issue!

That sounds really good miss m. I have so many social functions leading up to Xmas plus Xmas. I will be stoked if i make my Xmas goal but in the least maintain. :)

Hi everyone just had my fourth fill and when I jumped on the scales 99.8 kilos first time under 100kilos in years 25.8 kilo down woohoo!!! Hope your all well

Ali

Ali, you're amazing. Congrats!!!

Had my surgeons check up Saturday and 3rd fill. I must say Dr Copp is amazing, he was quick and completely pain and drama free!

He is happy with my progress and gave me another fill of 1ml. Here's to the Xmas goal and Xmas Season.

Had my oldest daughters dance concert all weekend so it was good that I didn't have to eat anything but fluids - absolutely no time to eat.

I got to wear my new Lorna Jane leggings and I loved them, they are comfy and make my butt look better than it actually is hahahaha.

Wow Ali! Go you :) whats your secret?

Lol no seceret everyone here is amazing just for being here we are all different and lose at different paces any loss is a great one!!!

All I am doing miss M is sticking to 3 or less meals a day! Some good some not so good and water is a big player for me to except side varies from 1 to 5 times a week mainly just 30 min walks. Loads of work functions so way to much alcohol but when I drink I rarely eat too full. And that's about it

Enjoy the silly season everyone xxx

• Like 2

Tomorrow takes me to 3 mths banded. Am officially half way to goal. Woohoo. Woul be great to be at goal n 3 mths but am being realistic and am guessing will take at least another 6mths. Just to get under 80s will be. Huge feat as haven't been there for years. What an I say. Love my band!

I AM IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE/HELP!

I had a fill on Saturday and was on liquids and mush afterwards then since being on food I have had bad pains in my tummy? Kind of like bad wind or constipation - is this common? I haven't been able to eat much - last night I could only have 3 mouthfuls of the chicken pie I made and then it was stuck - today I had ryvitas for brekky and went to eat a weight watchers lasagne but could only eat the mince and sauce and it didn't feel good eating the pasta and then this after noon I had a diet soft drink and the pain is worse......any advise?

I AM IN NEED OF SOME ADVICE/HELP!

I had a fill on Saturday and was on liquids and mush afterwards then since being on food I have had bad pains in my tummy? Kind of like bad wind or constipation - is this common? I haven't been able to eat much - last night I could only have 3 mouthfuls of the chicken pie I made and then it was stuck - today I had ryvitas for brekky and went to eat a weight watchers lasagne but could only eat the mince and sauce and it didn't feel good eating the pasta and then this after noon I had a diet soft drink and the pain is worse......any advise?

Hi, I don't have any advice but how many fills have you had or how much fill do you have? Many posts on here about over filling.

Good luck with it I hope it settles down for you very soon.

Oh just read it's your third fill but how much do you have in total mls?

GB

Hi GB

I have 4ml now all up. I just had dinner and ate really slowly and it went down a lot better.

Sore Paula :-(

Hope it settles for you Paula. Keep us posted. Ring the clinic in the morning. You may very well be in the red zone?

I have had a head cold and chest inflammation and noticed my band is feeling tighter. Has that happened to anyone? Meant to go for another fill next week but am considering delaying. The thought of going into red zone freaks me out. Hope you feel better Paula :)

Hi there all, I haven't been on this thread for a while,

Saw the surgeon last Wednesday and have now lost just shy of 10kg since the op. Im wrapped. There have been times when I have been disillusioned cos I am loosing so slowly but now I have hit the 10 kg mark and the band is a lot tighter, I am feeling much more optimistic.

Had my 5th fill. on wed now have 5.5 mils in a 7 mil band and its probably a little to tight. But I am being earful with nutrition and if it still feels to tight next fortnight I will as the surgeon to take a little out. Its amazing how much difference a small amount makes when you are getting close to the green zone.

Before the last fill I had 5 mils and could eat a large entree size meal and was craving stuff alot. I even put on 1kg darning that month cos I couldn't stop eating when I had PMT. So I got only half a mill this fill, and now cant eat most things. ended up blending my tea tonight to baby food consistency. Any way I see the Dr again in 10 days and will get some taken out. It feels good to know Im close to the green zone, and its only a matter of fine tuning now. hope every one is well . cheers

Wow. Seems like every one is cruising along rally well

Just got an iPad on the weekend so now I can get back on and keep Up to date with everyone

I've had ups and downs since I last posted but I love my band and I'm not giving it up

Had an overfill and a few days of nothing staying down. Had fill removed and now all good.

Have now lost 21 kg and can't stop smiling. It's nice to think I'm well over half way. 11 kg to go so My plan is to finish it off at about 1kg per month - don't you just love a plan :). And of course we know what happens to plans however I think it sounds realistic..

I've also found my collar bones. Nice to see them again its been a really long time !!!

• Like 2

Hi Everyone

My last fill seems to have me either in the green zone or damned close. I have to be very careful to chew really well and wait between mouthfuls or I am getting that tightness that tells me to wait for the last few mouthfuls to make their way through. The mad thing is I can eat chicken one night but not the next. I find it is usually my first few mouthfuls so I am religious about drinking something just before eating to clear the oesophagus first, and even then I take it real easy the first few mouthfuls, I am getting better at 'reading' my band.

The honeymoon is over. My weight has stabilised the last few weeks, partly because I am exercising more and building muscle, and partly because I have stupidly 'rewarded' myself with a few bikkies and chocolate. Gotta be firmer with myself!

Gone back to using my special plate. Hubby cooks and misses serving me big plates of food so he has been gradually increasing what he put on my plate when he cooks, and I know I have to rein that back in.

Amazing how the brain works,,,lifetime of conditioning under revision here!

But I love feeling good in clothes and I love feeling the relief that I am not going to put that weight back on.

Sadly I have discovered that my beloved coffee - my only vice - is aggravating my digestion and increases dramatically any burpies I have, so I am trying to wean myself off it.

I hope you are all doing well, enjoying better health, and a more positive future.

• Like 1

Is it the coffee or the milk? I would try different milks before I gave it up.

Hi All,

You all sound good which is fabulous!

I have been ok, but am still trying to work out if my band is too tight or I'm not chewing properly and am eating the wrong foods. I have never had so many throw ups in my life and am starting to think 'do I really want to eat!' I have emailed my surgeon to ask the question and will see what they say and maybe put up with it a little longer.

On a more positive note I am 1kg off my Xmas goal of 20kg lost!! I cannot wait to scream it to the world when I have lost it - then I will have to work out my next goal - am still pondering on that as I think I want to lose a further 10-15kg.

Today I have decided to wear my Xmas shirt to work - I love the festive season!

Paula

• Like 1

OMG OMG OMG - have made it to my Christmas goal of 20kg lost!!

Have to date lost 20.2kg and am ecstatic!!!

YAAAAAAYYY!!

• Like 3

Great Job Paula!

How is everyone else going? Tis a bit quiet ... is everyone out enjoying the silly season?

I went to see surgeon last week and had .4ml put in which was happy with as didnt want too much restriction around the silly season or be out and have a stuck moment. Dont really feel like the .4ml has made much of a difference to be honest though. Just trying to exert as much willpower as possible which is hard but then allow the odd treat. Havent craved chocolate, which is great given was such a sweet tooth but have finally had it again a couple of times and surprisingly have had it but then not looked for more, so that is an achievement. Before I would just keep going. Ate half a pizza on the weekend and was absolutely totally stuffed and then realised pre band would have had the whole thing and more food. Small changes but not so drastic that feel deprived which leads to that whole falling off the band wagon, feeling guilty, throwing the towel and then going all hell for leather sabotaging all the good work.

Am still hovering at 86kgs but am hoping can knock off 2 more to make 20kgs and Xmas goal - 3 weeks to go; will give it best shot, despite the devil lurking behind all the xmas treats and temptations! Good luck everyone and bring on Xmas! And holidays, so need a break from work!!!!!

On a side note, people are starting to notice that have lost weight, but am trying to not make a big issue about it and say yeah have lost a little bit, working at being healthy. Over a year ago was same weight, so mortifying when think how big I got, lost and put on, lost and put on. Worried that have always ended up for the past 5 years around this weight and not been able to lose more. Losing the next 10 kgs mentally will be the biggest hurdle! Will save that for New Year, New Challenge!

• Like 1

How is everyone going? Would love to hear how a you are all progressing :)

Haven't lost anymore weight despite a small fill. But the way have been eating with so many Xmas functions I could have sworn I had put on weight so was surprised I didn't.

Had first stuck moment when went out for dinner the other night with hubbie. Thankfully it passed but freaked me a little and didn't eat much more which was probably a good thing. I think I need another fill though. Am getting hungry more frequently in between meals. Won't be going back for almost another month and to be honest want to enjoy Xmas and holiday break. We are going camping at a holiday park. Can't wait. Kids love it! So as long as come back and have eaten well even if not so strict and started to exercise and hopefully just stay the same in the least happy with that and then will get straight back into it when get back home and back into routine again.

Wishing everyone a merry Xmas and a happy new healthy and skinny year :)

Yes this topic has cooled down a lot. I have lost aprox 15 kgs now. Been stable for more than a week , as my darling mother in law sent us a huge box of home made Greek biscuts. I held out for 2 days then broke.. Any way , hope I dont start on the chocolates.

• Like 1

Hello all :) I know I have been super quiet as this silly app just has not been working on my phone which is frustrating because that is generally the easiest place for me to access it when I have time....

Anyway Ive been slowly plodding along - got the all clear regarding all my hernia post op problems around mid November!! just after I came back from my weekend in Bali (where I was advised not to go in the pools as I wasnt cleared yet grrr).... so that did slow me down a bit...

Just had 0.5ml added on 19/12 - Dr K questioned if I'd really want some put in before all the Christmas festivities and I said SURE DO!!! I love food - but its not THAT important lol

If anything Ive not had any problems with eating up to 1cup of food at meals - can still eat breads, meats etc just chew well and Im fine; the 0.5ml thats been added has made a HUGE difference! Now I know what people are talking about.

Im definately on 1/2cup or less now and defiantely not getting hungry like before - I think when you consider eating its actually habit that makes you want to eat.

But now Im losing again so YAHHHH

Hope you are all having a fantastic Christmas and heres to slimmer, happier Us's in 2013!

xxx

• Like 2

Hi August Banditos,

Sorry ive disappeared but like Gaye my app is just constantly playing up and being on the road makes it hard and the silly season OMG it has been crazy busy with work.

Having said that I LOVE MY BAND and feel fantastic no major problems I now have 5.1ml in a 10ml band and im not sure if its a little to much one day i feel its to much and the next day perfect so for now ill hang in there but on the bad days i barely eat as its just to hard which suxs as before my last fill i was going well but felt hungry and portion sizes were growing now I have more problems eating and never feel hungry which is Bliss for the first time in my life I forget about food...sigh!! at least being this silly season the drinking (my priority ATM) has been no problem and lets say ive kept well hydrated.

anyway I popped by to say Have a wonderful and safe new year to you all and 2013 is our year to kick but so stay motivated and keep up the great work life is out there waiting for us all xxx

• Like 2