Cath1304

August 2012 Bandits

Hi August Bandits....I have been quietly going along since being banded and with all the holidays (overseas one and Christmas) have not had a lot of fill in my band ... only 1 ml in a 10 ml band. My weight has been staying around the same for the last three months and I have been relatively free in what I could eat and how much. I haven't had many PB's but a few stuck moments. Tablets have been my biggest issue as they don't seem to go down smoothly. Some tablets are not supposed to be cut and that has caused problems.

On Wednesday last week I saw my Dr again and he put in 1 ml and now I can say that I know what it feels like to be banded. The 1/2 cup over 1/2 hour is now a reality. I had a couple of biscuits recently and ate them like I had been doing before the fill and soon learnt my lesson.

Hopefully now my weight will start to go down....

• Like 1

Hi August Banditos ...

Hope everyone doing well. This thread has slowed down, but wanted to take a moment to check in.

Finally reached my Xmas goal (1 month later LOL) Oh well, I did enjoy Xmas and the holiday eating but thankfully was pretty active so was surprised that remained the same weight.

Had a fill 2 weeks ago and finally weight starting to shift. Have had a few stuck moments. Can still eat pretty much anything, but find that soft white bread sometimes a bit hard, so avoid. But other naughty things like, popcorn or icecream or chips, I should be avoiding, but they go down fine too. Have been sticking to 2 - 3 meals per day. But finding my night time eating (ie after kids asleep and on lounge with hubby) seems to be creeping back in. So need to curb that. Hard to be saintly. But cant believe have lost 20kgs! Can feel in clothes but dont necessarily feel thinner if that makes sense. Maybe will mentally notice it more when get out of the 80s and into the 70s ... has been years since was in the 70s.

Have another appt in 2 weeks, so might try for another fill. A little more restriction would probably be a good thing, as still feel can eat way more than 1/2 cup. 

Hope to hear how you are all doing. :)

I haven't been here in a while but I'm still going and it's good to catch up and get some inspiration! Am down about 21-22kg not a lot but had stressful Xmas with the fairly sudden passing of my father in law and alot of 'on the road' food resulting in a few stuck moments and PB's. really noticing difference in clothes and have posted a couple new pic's in my gallery.

Am off Too bed now but will be back soon hope to see u all back soon also

• Like 1

Wow. Everyone seems to be doing really well.  I'm down 19kg. So far this year I think I've lost a kg in total. I so need to get my act together.  I guess I shouldn't complain - at least it's a loss.

• Like 1

A Loss is DEFINITELY A Loss!!! and good for you - if you were anything like me this time of year would have been a depressing time thinking about how much weight had been put on over xmas etc.  This year is the first time I think EVER that I did not put weight on over the silly season woohoo!!!!

I started a training thing at gym last night on how to run 5km cause I want to do a local run they do here every year at our Harbour.  I am soooo not a runner and didn't ever think I would be able to but I am determined to do it with my bestie (also my gym buddy)  I am worried though cause I was so excited I completed stage one but apparently it gets alot harder :-$ and now I'm just worried but I can only try! 

Big things are happening!!!

• Like 1

Hi all Well what an interesting just over 6 months we have all had I must say I am just loving the ride I am working my but off but pleased to report I am now at surgeons goal of 82 kilos down 43 kg I stick to the 8 golden rules like glue ( well all apart from alcohol) I walk and now run every day and have a two hour Bandfit class every Thursday night which is fab and with a great group of other bandits and sleeves so we help keep each other motivated and have a great trainer who cairns is in the gym. My band is perfect and I struggle to remember to eat my 3 meals a day but eat almost 90% protein which keeps my energy levels hi and I feel great. We all knew this wasn't a quick fix and everyone is losing weight so well done to you all and keep at it

• Like 3

Hey everyone, you all sound like your doing amazingly well. Ali, OMG, 43kg, that is wonderful for you. MissM and Mudgee you guys are also doing so very well. Barbarell I hear you about being in the 70's. I'm currently 77kg and have been for ages.....................How nice for everyone to be chipping away at their personal goals. 

One of mine was to do 6 x 5km fun runs in 2013. Did my first one today and although I was feeling more like vomiting for the last kilometre than running, I actually ran the whole way!!  One down five to go!

I dont post much but I am always reading. 

Cheers, GB. 

• Like 1

Hey everyone, you all sound like your doing amazingly well. Ali, OMG, 43kg, that is wonderful for you. MissM and Mudgee you guys are also doing so very well. Barbarell I hear you about being in the 70's. I'm currently 77kg and have been for ages.....................How nice for everyone to be chipping away at their personal goals. 

One of mine was to do 6 x 5km fun runs in 2013. Did my first one today and although I was feeling more like vomiting for the last kilometre than running, I actually ran the whole way!!  One down five to go!

I dont post much but I am always reading. 

Cheers, GB. 

Well done GB thats awesome i ran 3 ks today and thought i was going ro die, I pretty much stiick to walking, LEsson learnt I just spend a week in QLD with my best friend and we over indulged in Alcohol, Food I was great but a terrible bing drinking week on my last day I had terrible indigestion and the next morning was almost choking on my saliva !!! had an emergency appointment and they said dehydration can tighten the band. they took 3ml of 6 out and said i needed to stay like that for a week, well I didnt lose that week but I did enjoy a couple of steaks, just had 2.5ml back in yesterday and tonight i can barely swallow so off to surgeon again in the morning, this is a life long committment thats for sure!!!

I hope everyone is really well

xxxx Alixxx

Hi all Well what an interesting just over 6 months we have all had I must say I am just loving the ride I am working my but off but pleased to report I am now at surgeons goal of 82 kilos down 43 kg I stick to the 8 golden rules like glue ( well all apart from alcohol) I walk and now run every day and have a two hour Bandfit class every Thursday night which is fab and with a great group of other bandits and sleeves so we help keep each other motivated and have a great trainer who cairns is in the gym. My band is perfect and I struggle to remember to eat my 3 meals a day but eat almost 90% protein which keeps my energy levels hi and I feel great. We all knew this wasn't a quick fix and everyone is losing weight so well done to you all and keep at it

Hey Ali, hope your well.

Can you list the 8 golden rules you follow?

GB

Hi all ... havent been to visit for ages. Last 2 mths have been losing and gaining the same kilo ... major plateauing!!! Doesnt help that my night time urges to snack have crept back in!!! So tonight, no snacking! Today went for a fill as have been feeling hungry in between meals and I think I have been eating for maintenance not for weight loss. So for maintenance I can enjoy a treat or 3 but for weight loss what I found worked was to have cappuccino for breakfast, salad or a grainy sandwich for lunch and then for dinner, protein, veg and carb or a veg style pasta. Occassional alcohol!

So alcohol more frequent - big no no. And Easter has thrown my diet out of whack ... so no more chocolate!

Am hoping I can start losing weight again. Just need to get into the right head space as clearly havent been in the right head space, which makes it frustrating to lose and gain that same friggin kilo! Need to bust out of the plateau and get back into the 70s.

How is everyone going? Its great to be losing weight ... but its not as easy as i thought ... plus I have no time for exercise with full time work and family commitments, and now that winter is on its way, the thought of exercise is so unappealing. So just have to get the eating under control!!!

Time to reprogram my brain for weight loss success! Watch this space - hopefully next time can report something positive.

Look forward to hearing how you are all going.

:)

• Like 1

Hi Everyone

Well we really have all gone quiet, I hope everyone is well and enjoying their banded lives, I know for me its been the best thing ever.  I am now only 6 kilos away from my goal weight of 67 kilos weighing in at 73 kilos this morning, I never dream t in my wildest dreams that I would have gone from a size 24-26 to in 10 months be wearing a size 10 jeans and 12 top Ever ever ever, so for me the band has been a huge success and exactly the tool i've been looking for all these years.

Take care everyone and a big howdy hi from me

• Like 3

Wow Ali. That is great and so inspiring. I am back for a hit of inspiration. Am a massive failure. Haven't been able to lose weight and lost my focus. Story of my life. Am hoping that this time I can get my head in the right space so that the band does its thing and I continue to lose weight. On the plus side at least I haven't gained. In previous attempts I would have already been back at square 1 plus more. So am glad u are doing so well. What has kept u motivated?

Wow guys. Can't believe tomorrow will be my 12 month bandaversary.

My weight has been fluctuating a bit recently as I had most of my fill removed in April because it got to the stage I couldn't keep anything down. My weight crept back up to 75 kg and then last week had 2ml Put back in and today I'm back to 72kg. So that s 26 kg in 12 months :)

Not sure what's happening with my band ATM. Had a barium swallow n Monday because things weren't feeling right. Had a feeling that there was something stuck at the back of my throat. And then sometimes get a weird feeling around the band painful but not rally bad. Taking somac so hopefully will help but no change as yet. Back to see surgeon next Wednesday.

Looking back on the previous 12 months I can say with 100% certainty I am so pleased that I got my band. Tonight I ran 6km. I've started playing netball again my husband has started paying me a lot more attention:) and my kids think I'm pretty special.

I've registered to run a 10km run in October and I still have it in my head that I'd like to see the scales showing something in the 60,s by the end of the year. My band is my friend and most of the time we're a good pair working well together. Then sometimes I still fight against it and do all the things I know I shouldn't .

Most importantly I am happy with what I've achieved and proud of myself. I know I look and feel better

My neck has dropped 3cm. My hips are now 18 cm smaller and they measure what my waist used to be. My waist is now 21cm smaller

I've gone from a very tight size 18 always wearing trousers and stretch clothes to a comfortable size 14. Sometimes even a 12 I wear skirts and fitted clothes instead of hiding in loose fitting over shirts

I hope all of us August bandits are able to post an update this month reflecting on the previous 12 months. Looking forward to sharing in your continuing journey :)

Hi there

I'm not sure what has kept me motivated I just feel really good and am in the right place in my life just damn not going to let this bugga beat me, 12 months on and I have still been visiting my surgeon monthly which is also really motivating as I don't like to let him down either but mostly its for me and I really finally feel like I've beaten food the thought of food is just boring to me now and I look forward to shopping instead, oh and I still weigh myself daily I know some people say don't its depressing but if I gain then I have a really strict day of only one egg, one small tin tuna and fish for tea and the next day its gone, this is so much easier than letting 10 kilos creep back on and if I gain I don't get depressed I just shrug and say phew 1 kilo easy it will be gone with one or two days small eating and that's way easier than starting again. keep it up remember we all lose at different rates and any progress is awesome this is for life keep going xxxxx

Wow Ali. That is great and so inspiring. I am back for a hit of inspiration. Am a massive failure. Haven't been able to lose weight and lost my focus. Story of my life. Am hoping that this time I can get my head in the right space so that the band does its thing and I continue to lose weight. On the plus side at least I haven't gained. In previous attempts I would have already been back at square 1 plus more. So am glad u are doing so well. What has kept u motivated?

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I to am back for a bit of inspiration. I have maitained my 79 - 77kg's now for 6 months. I'm back on site as I really want to get to a maintenance range of 73 - 70!!!!! I have continued running and done 4 out of 6 fun runs I planned this year. Cath your amazing running 10km!! I do 3 - 5 about 4 times per week and I have just started personal training twice a week in an effort to lose the last 5kg.

I have had a number of fills but never really felt much restriction from them. This last fill sees me at 8ml out of 10ml and I can now say I know there is a band in there. Get some mild chest pain on the odd occassion if I eat to much bread or pizza but other than that I can still eat anything I like. So I will go back and keep tweeking until I get some restriction that helps me reduce my portions.

Otherwise I to feel like it was the best thing I have done in a long time.

Ali you are amazing. How much excercise are you doing?

GB

Hi everyone, I to am back for a bit of inspiration. I have maitained my 79 - 77kg's now for 6 months. I'm back on site as I really want to get to a maintenance range of 73 - 70!!!!! I have continued running and done 4 out of 6 fun runs I planned this year. Cath your amazing running 10km!! I do 3 - 5 about 4 times per week and I have just started personal training twice a week in an effort to lose the last 5kg.

I have had a number of fills but never really felt much restriction from them. This last fill sees me at 8ml out of 10ml and I can now say I know there is a band in there. Get some mild chest pain on the odd occassion if I eat to much bread or pizza but other than that I can still eat anything I like. So I will go back and keep tweeking until I get some restriction that helps me reduce my portions.

Otherwise I to feel like it was the best thing I have done in a long time.

Ali you are amazing. How much excercise are you doing?

GB

Hiya GB

Im walking 5-10 ks 5 mornings a week and if the weathers bad i do a 20min Jillian Michaels fat blaster DVD i get up at 5am and do it so i dont have any excuses, I havnt lost anymore am 67kilos now just toning up with the Jillian DVD mentioned above and very happy to say Im now wearing size 8 bottoms or 27inch skinny jeans WOW I always wanted skinny jeans and size 10 tops and dresses and I love to shop I never dreamed this would ever happen but ladies it is so much more rewarding than food so keep up the good work and keep going you will get there with the help of your surgeon and band

Keep keeping us all updated

• Like 1

Hi ladies

this was me a couple of weeks ago at Balaklava cup at my goal weight of 67kilos, it is so worth it keep up the great work everyone xxxx

post-5915-0-42039600-1380175424_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Hi everyone, 

Though it was time to check in again with a little inspiration Well for me life has been crazy but I have managed to maintain my goal of 67 kilos now for over 8 months and as a reward to myself Im going under the knife this Friday 16th May for a tummy tuck and breast reduction, im excited and scared all at the same time ive added a couple of recent photos too, hope you are all well

Ali

post-5915-0-05074400-1399887675_thumb.jp

post-5915-0-97020600-1399887697_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Hi everyone, 

Though it was time to check in again with a little inspiration Well for me life has been crazy but I have managed to maintain my goal of 67 kilos now for over 8 months and as a reward to myself Im going under the knife this Friday 16th May for a tummy tuck and breast reduction, im excited and scared all at the same time ive added a couple of recent photos too, hope you are all well

Ali

attachicon.gifAli 22.3.14.jpg

attachicon.gif2014-04-23_16.13.03-11.jpg

You look lovely Ali.. congratulations on your success. Best of luck for the 16th for your surgeries  :) 

• Like 1

Just gorgeous Ali, best wishes for the 16th.

• Like 1