Hi everyone my names brooke im 21 years old have 2 children a 3year old girl and 1 year old boy im finnally getting my surgery done on the 24th of this month at joondalup hospital iv been on the wait list for 3 years now as im public patiant i cannot wait to get this next chapter of my life started iv been overweight now for roughly 5 years but scince having my 2nd child it spiralled beyond my control ! ii need to lose 60 kilos to be in a healthy weight range for my height *im 6ft* and im so excited and nervouse at the same time im hoping to make some new friends and share experiances through here as i dont really know anyone who has this done that i can turn to :) hope im welcome here and thankyou for taking the itme to read my short story :D once i feel more comfortable ill reveal my weight and goal but not just yet :) :)

• Like 3

Hello, I just had my surgery done on Friday (27th) at Glengarry Private Hospital by Dr Dolan, I am 28 with a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. You are definetly doing the best thing my recovery so far has been great and real smooth, I too don't know many people with a band so this website is fantastic if you have question and to share stories ad success.......welcome, can't wait to hear about your journey xx

Thankyou both im nervouse as iv done so much research but still feel like im going into it blindfolded !! i hope my appointment today with the dieticion and anethasist will help clear it up for me a bit i think the biggest thing is not knowing what i can and cant eat not physically having a list you know :) x

had my appointment this after noon wow thats alot to take in got my diet pre and 4 weeks post op !! not as bad as i thought scared im going to get hungry and binge tho :/ its hard because i want this to work so bad and i know i can make it work its just all these doubts clogging my mind !! :(

• Like 1

The optifast stage is hard.....the chocolate one is the nicest if you have it with really cold water and crushed ice....you get severe headaches for about 3 days and then your body gets used to it and becomes easier.....what ever you do stick too it, it will get easy x

Wow 3 years on the wait list .. Getting bande will be the best decision you can make if ou are wanting to star a new healthier chapter of your life.. Staying in touch through this web site is a must .. People are great and you will find not. Day goes by without looking at this forum .. It's an addictive site. :) all the best you will be fine. Just have to get through the optifast stage ..

• Like 1

good luck with it all ... my banding is next month ... just cause of work and my hubbys roster sending you a cyber squeeze in a nana kinda way --- you be right baby steps to a big goal (i keep saying) .... and i am dreading the optifast too

Welcome...I have been banded for ten months...and have lost 25kg...15kg more to go...I was upset with myself cause I wanted to get to goal at 12 months?..but I have too look at it that if I didn't to it I would be a lot bigger...get banded is the best thing I have ever done...u have ur days...some days good some days bad...sometimes I miss eating a big plate of food...but I think that because I have too much fill in my band and throw up all the time...but with the band I can just get it adjusted...and away we go again...dont be scared...just think how happy u will starting feeling when u start loseing weight...and after the op I wasn't in any pain...the hardest part was just being on optifast for four weeks...good luck..and enjoy ur journey

Annie :)

Can I ask why you were on the wait list for 3 years as it seems a long wait ?

Hi Brooke, Im 22 with a 10mth old son. Im hopefully going to be banded early November:) welcome to our community, love to talk with you if you need any support or just to chat :)