Celeste

12 months later i think i might finally be on track....

Howdy, banded Sept 2011 and have been yo-yoing all over the place.... weight up/ weight down/ weight back up again etc and so on...but i just watched the 8 golden rules and had multiple massive light bulb moments! Better late than never I guess. I have been trying to continue eating the same post band as I did pre band. I thought I was a well educated intelligent gal... why on earth did i not get it through my thick head that the band isn't a miracle cure, but a helping hand in this journey. Has anyone else struggled to find the right groove in their weight loss journey AFTER getting the band? :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Im just over 7 months and still struggling to find the groove of the band, its all in my head. Im nieve and continue to hope this thing inside me will do miracles

I think I might be the first person to have actually put weight on post band... crazy crazy me I am back down now to my starting weight of close to a year ago. I seem to go from not feeling enough restriction to being too tight and unable to swallow my own saliva (not something I will forget easily). Has this happened to anyone else?

I have only just found my groove about 3 months ago. (14 months after banding) My weight also went up and down that first year-put on 3 kg in three weeks when I had a bit of fill taken out due to inflammation-and sat on same weight for weeks at a time. In fact for about three weeks after the last fill I thought I'd have to go get more-but suddenly it fell into place and lost around 5kg in the last three months. It's a very frustrating journey but my best advice is to keep all your appointments (even if you've put on weight!) and keep plodding on :)

yep i found my groove good a proper in this last 6 months or so...it all kind of fell into place for me, I stopped 'fighting the band', plus eventually finding my green zone was an awesome thing to happen too.

Hey thanks I appreciate your encouragment, I was getting in to a spin and becoming increasingly frustrated. How did you find your 'groove' ...any helpful hints? There is a lot of conflicting info out there.

Took me a while too - I went from no restriction when my band had 7.9ml in, to the emergency room getting the fill removed because I couldn't swallow my own saliva. Funnily enough it was the second attempt at getting the band refilled that finally led to me finding the green zone . To this day I still don't know what went wrong before. Trouble is 12 months down the line I had lost confidence in myself and the band and it is taing me a while to find my groove - fingers crossed I've found it but don't want to jinx it yet.

Yep I can relate to all of that. This is my second time round too after going from no restriction to landing in the emergency room. I guess persistence is the key. What is the consensus on drinking close to eating, my surgeon said not to, but the author of the 'eight golden rules' supports eating with your meal?

I actually find drinking and eating too painful at the same time now so can't do it.

I find if I eat slowly enough I can drink small sips at a time. I actually like to drink and eat together cos it helps me be more mindful of my eating which equals slower and less. If I eat too fast there is no way I can have a drink with a meal

Best I can offer is the "soft stop," it's when you are eating (slowly!!) and near the end of the meal you get a signal-maybe a sigh, or just starting to feel full - this is the time to put the knife and fork down. Even though my portion sizes are much smaller, when I get that signal the rest goes in the bin. Sometimes only one or two mouthfulls but you don't have to finish up your plate. If you do you get that overstretched feeling. Don't listen to the naughty voices in your head telling you to clean up your plate!

• Like 1