Sign in to follow this  
JaimiM

Sick of your opinions!

Some people are just RUDE you have done well  i told someone a few weeks ago  to  live my life they  told me it was just willpower and  i had none.. so if i didn't have any how come  I've  lost the weight  I've lost  i walked away and  didn't say anything else later on they came back and  apologized some  people  u just cant help chin up chickie ur doing well

Just look at your numbers Jools! Well done, don't let anyone say you didn't earn this!

Tell a normal weight person to try to drop their weight down to a BMI of 18 (ie lowest weight in their healthy weight  BMI range) and they can let you know how easy their willpower is at having to keep their calories average below their basal metabolic rate for weeks or months. This is the bit that people do not understand. To lose weight is incredibly difficult because human physiology was never designed to allow us to voluntarily lose weight. Our bodies are designed to store fat easily for the famine, but we never get a famine. It might be easy for some people to maintain their current weight in the healthy weight range but losing weight is another story. When you are obese or morbidly obese to lose that excess weight requires keeping your calories lower than your basal metabolic rate for months or years. I think it has taken me AT LEAST 18 months of ensuring my calories are low to drop nearly 70kgs, but that was across a 3 year period as it was too much to do this for a continuous period of time.

• Like 4

The only advice I give to women I know having babies is that everyone will give you advice, say thanks very much, use what you like and ignore the rest. It works very well. You rock girl! Go for it.

you know what? the people that have criticized me the most (directly or indirectly) are the most insecure and hung up people I have ever met - can't keep a job, boyfriend, or hairstyle even!

Interesting, isn't it??

• Like 1

Now that I my goal is in sight I am getting other middle aged women telling me to stop now. I explain that technically I am still obese and that the doctor puts a lot of faith in the BMI. Then I tell them that my frame is quite small and the reply is always similar 'oh well your not 18 anymore so you have to expect some fat on your hips and thighs', as if there is an expectation that as you age its OK to leave a bit of flab around. That's starting to annoy me a lot. The truth is that I have tiny hands and feet and I am short waisted too so I am not built to carry any extra. I just pacify them by saying that I will stop when I feel comfortable.

The reality is that they want to achieve it but haven't and they aren't comfortable with my success, especially since I work in a chip shop with temptation there  all day every day. I'm hoping that when I get to goal the criticism will stop. Lucky I haven't seen my Mum for a few weeks. I'll have to pad up when I go down there next time.

• Like 1

Now that I my goal is in sight I am getting other middle aged women telling me to stop now. I explain that technically I am still obese and that the doctor puts a lot of faith in the BMI. Then I tell them that my frame is quite small and the reply is always similar 'oh well your not 18 anymore so you have to expect some fat on your hips and thighs', as if there is an expectation that as you age its OK to leave a bit of flab around. That's starting to annoy me a lot. The truth is that I have tiny hands and feet and I am short waisted too so I am not built to carry any extra. I just pacify them by saying that I will stop when I feel comfortable.

The reality is that they want to achieve it but haven't and they aren't comfortable with my success, especially since I work in a chip shop with temptation there  all day every day. I'm hoping that when I get to goal the criticism will stop. Lucky I haven't seen my Mum for a few weeks. I'll have to pad up when I go down there next time.

Don't 'pad up' Nanna, if you can't be honest with your mum and tell her comments upset and offend you, there is something seriously wrong with our world. No one should have to explain their reasons for how much they weigh or how much the lose, answer their uncalled for comments with...really, well I feel great and that's all that matters....with a big smile on your face.

Sorry need a rant, i'm fuming!!!

I really hate when people close to me feel the need to tell me to 'make sure you stick to your diet'!!! AND you'll put some weight back on after the wedding!!! Makes me so angry...

They obviously think all this is just a phase. It's really disappointing that they don't see that my weight loss started well before I even met my fiance and that my attitude and lifestyle has changed so much that I don't even feel like i'm on a diet - I enjoy nutrition, exercise, and keeping my health in check.

These people live interstate and don't see me wake up at 4:30 every morning to weigh myself and exercise, create low calorie meals for myself and my fiance and prepare a diet plan every week! So the last thing I need is someone that's overweight and on every medication under the sun telling me to stick to my damn diet! I put enough pressure on myself with out someone else getting all freakin mouthy about it and telling me how it's done! Especially when i've reached my goal weight! ARGH!!! *POW* *POW*

• Like 1

I hear you :)

Sorry need a rant, i'm fuming!!!

I really hate when people close to me feel the need to tell me to 'make sure you stick to your diet'!!! AND you'll put some weight back on after the wedding!!! Makes me so angry...

They obviously think all this is just a phase. It's really disappointing that they don't see that my weight loss started well before I even met my fiance and that my attitude and lifestyle has changed so much that I don't even feel like i'm on a diet - I enjoy nutrition, exercise, and keeping my health in check.

These people live interstate and don't see me wake up at 4:30 every morning to weigh myself and exercise, create low calorie meals for myself and my fiance and prepare a diet plan every week! So the last thing I need is someone that's overweight and on every medication under the sun telling me to stick to my damn diet! I put enough pressure on myself with out someone else getting all freakin mouthy about it and telling me how it's done! Especially when i've reached my goal weight! ARGH!!! *POW* *POW*

• Like 1

Oh Chantilly, when i lost weight with optifast it happened to coincide with me being maid of honour for my best friend even though that had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to go onto optifast, i had everyone assume i was losing weight for the wedding only, the other day i actually got asked by someone if i was going to another wedding, got so cranky and informed them that i didn't care what i looked like for anyones wedding and that my weight loss was related to my own health issues....

Ugh some people!!! I'm honestly more worried about zits on my wedding day!!! LOL

Oh Chantilly, when i lost weight with optifast it happened to coincide with me being maid of honour for my best friend even though that had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to go onto optifast, i had everyone assume i was losing weight for the wedding only, the other day i actually got asked by someone if i was going to another wedding, got so cranky and informed them that i didn't care what i looked like for anyones wedding and that my weight loss was related to my own health issues....

• Like 1

I've also had many people ask me if the weight loss has happened becasuse I am ill. People have some weird ideas. It will only get worse I think when I keep it off and then I'll have to explain why. This has opened a whole can of worms that I never thought about.

• Like 1