AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

It's time for another NSV thread. Remember success is not all about what the scales say so share your non scale victories here!

Do you fit into a smaller size? Did you start (or increase) your exercise, did you resist the urge to binge? What have you accomplished lately?

Mine are

1. Fit back into old jeans.

2. Got back on the threadmill after a two week break.

3. Caught boyfriend checking out my sexy legs. :)

• Like 16

Not this week Dee! Been a shocker! But I hope to come in next week with something good to report :)

Although I keep an eye on my weight I hadn't done any measurements lately. I have lost 13 cm off my waist :) No wonder more of my clothes are getting a bit looser!

• Like 5

No double chin!!! Fantastic. That must make a huge difference to how you look and maybe give you a little confidence boost that the band really is doing its job.

My NSV is that I now wear the pants I bought when I was 21 and have not been able to put on for 15 years. At one stage I tried them and could not get them up past my calves. I love these pants and I feel smoking hot wearing them. Also as of today I am officially "overweight". Woo freaking hoo. I am so happy to crack that particular milestone.

• Like 16

In the last two weeks, I am FINALLY starting to see a difference in the mirror :D yes, I still have a huge tummy and butt but they are noticeably smaller after all this time (1year, 3months!). I have gone down to a size 16 jean and size 14 top. I haven't been those sizes in about 2-3 years (since high school). Time to have another wardrobe cull! Unfortunately, I had a mole cut off my hip so I can't try pants on yet so I will have to wait to sort those. ahhhh the possibilities :P

• Like 7

I haven't measured myself in 6 months, and was overjoyed to find that I have lost 27cm in total off my body!

4cm off my right arm

5cm off my bust

9cm off my waist

4.5cm off my hips

4.5cm off my right thigh

• Like 4

Non scale victory for me....

I went to my partners work on Friday. The boys he works with told him I was looking good and you can tell I've lost weight!

None of them know about the surgery, or even that I've been dieting, so it's good that people are starting to notice my 13 (ish) kg loss!

• Like 8

Great work people! Especially you Kirsty for thinking you didn't have one when you had 27 NSVs! And Eviljoy for being overweight!

Love how recognising NSVs can help motivate when the scales aren't budging or even when they are really...

• Like 1

Just had my 1st NVS moment...... Just bought a beautiful dress from Villans, a shop I loved but could never shop in there, and to top it off it was size 14. 3 weeks post op and size 14, I'm over the moon, before WLS I was size 18-20.....I am stocked to say the least xxxxx

• Like 11

brought a top from city chic at start of year size xL brought one Friday size S

• Like 9

Firstly congrats on everyone's NSVs!

Mine is I now fit into a pair of black pants that I haven't been able to wear in about 8 months.... But now they fit comfortably (when I bought them.... Not so much)

• Like 3

I have just come home from a lovely 5 days in Singapore with a girlfriend who doesn't know about my band. First nsv was the seat belt on the plane. After doing it up I commented to her how long it was after putting in on and tightening it. She looked at me a. It puzzled and said it was normal length. The next was the clothes I bought at the sales in Jan/Feb were swimming on me. (I didnt try them on again before I left) I had a top that had a sort of cord belt which I cut off to use as a belt on the 3/4 pants I'd bought, other wise they would have fallen down and I'd have that homey look with the undies showing and the crotch down at my knees!

Best of all I had no stuck moments and enjoyed the food and even had a G & T every night and didn't put on any weight. I had always considered my friend a "slow" eater but I was finishing after her each time. How things have changed!!

• Like 11

Great trip story LifeOfLiz!

I had another one today where I though a skirt might finally fit only to find it was miles too big!

• Like 3

I have a RIPPER !!

I got all my medical 'out of pocket' expenses back fromthe tax man today - gonna buy a whole new wardrobe and have a long weekend away. yayyy

• Like 16

Well Done Everyone!

I was cleaning out my wardrobe for an ebay sell-off earlier this week and found my work trousers that had been a normal fit on me in July 2011 when I was eight weeks pregnant. They look like clown pants now!

It's funny though, I can't say what size I am because none of the sizes correlate!

The work pants were Target Moda brand S22 but I have a pair of Autograph S22 jeans which look like clown pants in the legs but are still a little tight around my belly and then I have a S22 Rivers skirt which I can't even do up??

Sigh. However! I am noticing that my neck is thinner, my dimples are coming back, and a pair of S24 jeans and a denim skirt that I lived in since April when it started to get cold now can be worn without even undoing the buttons first to get them up :)

I have a little dream swimming in my head that when I go back to work next March I would love to shock the socks off people with how good I look... here's hoping we all get a little closer to our dreams each day :P

• Like 9

My NSVs since my surgery (2nd July 2012)...

*When I got off the plane a week after my surgery, my best friend picked me up from the airport, and one of the first things she said was, "Ooooh, you've got a neck!!!" LOL

*Fitting into clothing two sizes smaller than I was wearing at the start of the year!

*Being able to buy a cardigan off the rack at Target last week!

*My parents coming to visit me today, going for coffee with them at McCafe and being able to slide into a fixed booth chair!!!!! :D

*Being able to play tennis (socially) twice a week after not playing sport for ten years!

*Being able to dance 2-3 full songs with my students during their daily fitness!

*Fitting more comfortably into a cinema seat!

*Driving without my stomach touching the steering wheel!!!

• Like 16

Oh, and seeing a photo of me from April next to a photo of me from a week ago, and being able to SEE the difference!!! :D

• Like 7

I love this thread!! Cannot wait to be able to contribute :)

Same here Fatarama, am still pre op and I just can't wait to share my success!!!

• Like 3

This one is behaviour not body related but I went to a school fete yesterday and wasn't even tempted to buy any fudge or cakes or anything!

• Like 4

I just noticed today, my jaw line is a tiny bit thiner.

• Like 4