AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

My boyfriends cousin yesterday commented in front of all his family that I looked good and had lots "heaps of weight" and my best friends husband commented on how "slim" I look .... all while wearing size 18 jeans ;)

I guess everyone else can see it. It makes it a bit easier when the scales are going down so slowly that I obviously am losing weight even though I can't tell!

• Like 3

I love reading all your NSV. Sometimes its the little things that put a smile on your face! :)

• Like 3

My NSV today made me smile even after a real crappy day.

It's mandated we have a picture of ourselves in our work email signatures. I updated my 3 days ago.

Today after sending an email to a number of our branches I received a phone call from someone one I've worked with - she said she rang just to say I looked amazing.

Happy days.

• Like 10

This is not a new victory, but one that tickles me every time it happens.

I no longer dam up the bath. When I pull the plug the water just flows around me rather than emptying at the front and staying full behind me.

• Like 19

Like Evil Joy I still get a lot of joy from being able to sit with my legs crossed.

• Like 3

I shaved 30 seconds off my 10km running time, over a busier and hillier course.

• Like 3

My dog get to go for a walk every day

• Like 2

Im pulling out size 10 clothes that i had stashed away (still with tags on) from when i lost weight a few years back but still never quite fit into them.

• Like 10

I bought a top and a cardigan this morning. In size 16 :ph34r: Can't remember the last time I was a 16!

A short time later I was in Autograph and I realised that I won't be shopping there much longer. I felt a bit like I'd lost my best friend. Until I went to the plus size section in Target and rejoiced because most of their large sized stuff is crap ! ^_^

• Like 8

Today I went shopping with my daughter to buy clothes. We were in a shop when the assistant asked if she could help. I told her I was looking for black pants so she proceeded to tell me "you are very petite so these pants would suit you". I was shocked that she would say this as I havent been referred to as being petite for a long time. Next time my daughter calls me her skinny minny mum I guess I had better believe her.

• Like 11

Today I had a little NSV... fitted into supermarket bought non-plus size stockings. Buying the plus sized stockings from Myer has been costing me a fortune!

• Like 5

First time I jogged my whole half hour treadmill today.

• Like 12

My size 18 jeans are getting baggy and my partner told me I need smaller ones lol.

• Like 4

Bumped into a close friend from college days the other day and he had to do a double take and ask my name to confirm that he was actually looking at the person he was thinking I was - Introduced me to his G/F saying 'she looks so different now!' :D

• Like 5

i went with my husband looking at cars today and the salesman i have known for years (a young good looking guy)

said to in front of Hubie , have you been working out your looking really good Kim.

oh my did that make my day. i did feel a bit bad as i haven't exercised yet need to start but this is the first person that dosnt know i have had a band that has commented on my weight loss.

I love my band , i love my band and yes i will move my smaller butt and build on this wonderful feeling.

• Like 3

I have three that I just posted in august bandits ur I'll repeat here :)

1) can now do up my work boots without having to twist my ankle around to the sided to reach! Belly is smaller so I can reach down

2) I fit into my uniform that I gave up a couple months before surgery because they were uncomfortably tight- and I look better than I ever did cos they fit properly

3) I went shopping today and picked up a size I thought I was and dp handed me the size below and I never thought I'd fit it- and I did! A little snug on the hips but it'll come good over the next few weeks :)

• Like 1

Out to dinner tonight and when it was time to order dessert, I thought a while and then decided I didn't really want anything else. For me this is enormous!

K.

• Like 9

Out to dinner tonight and when it was time to order dessert, I thought a while and then decided I didn't really want anything else. For me this is enormous!

K.

That's excellent- means those size 14 clothes are getting closer to coming my way!! :) (no pressure BTW!!)

• Like 1

Yeah, but what I didn't say is that I had 3 glasses of wine......

I suspect there's still ac way to go before I start pitching 14s. LOL

K

• Like 1

OMG just measured my waist 10 cm down woohoo and oh yeah size 18 top been in wardrobe for 6 months not being able to got over my

Bust as loose tonight yeah!!!!

• Like 7

I completed the Brisbane Stampede yesterday. It's a 10km fun/mud-run/obstacle course through the hills at Woodford.

Today I feel energized and oh so very pleased with myself. There is just no way I would have considered entering something like that 12 months ago.

• Like 12

I think I need to start a non scale fails thread. Today I bought two new dresses and a skirt when I went out for coffee! No-one tells you how much money this banding thing costs you in new clothes! :)

Savings fail. Fashion win!

• Like 7

I completed the Brisbane Stampede yesterday. It's a 10km fun/mud-run/obstacle course through the hills at Woodford.

Today I feel energized and oh so very pleased with myself. There is just no way I would have considered entering something like that 12 months ago.

What an extraordinary achievement! You should feel so very pleased with yourself.

Kate.

I think I need to start a non scale fails thread. Today I bought two new dresses and a skirt when I went out for coffee! No-one tells you how much money this banding thing costs you in new clothes! :)

Savings fail. Fashion win!

Hi I had to laugh at this. It is such a truth....I think that we need a fresh wardrobe to go with our new look. I have plenty of clothes in my wardrobe that I will be happy to get back into. My husband doesn't mind what I buy clothes wise as he knows I don't really go overboard with my spending. I haven't started looking through my wardrobe yet but will soon as I am only starting on my journey. As I don't have to work I don't need the fashion wardrobe but do love to have nice clothes. I am heading overseas on holiday in late October and I will need to go a find some new jeans as the ones I have now are so baggy and I don't have any belts to keep them up but will probably leave it a few more weeks. I have even resorted to putting some elastic in the waistband of the jeans so that they don't feel like they are falling down all the time. Anne

• Like 1