AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

Had to buy new undies today!!

• Like 5

Thanks Tishii! Without all of the support and encouragement from the people on this forum and also my friends and family, I would be struggling! So thanks to everyone!!!

• Like 1

I put on some oldish bathers cuz my other top is now too big. And I look not bad in my one piece! ;)

I need to buy some balconette bathers though because my poor deflated boobs look horrid :(

• Like 1

I am halfway through my Honours thesis and I am in line for first class Honours!  This means I can get into doing a PHD and I'm also in line for great scholarships, which means I may be able to get my surgery sooner.

:D Happy happy Joy Joy

• Like 8

I was just about to defrost some of my birthday cake from last week (yep I put it in the freezer to thwart temptation) because I'm having a sweet craving.

Instead I made myself a cup of coffee and got 2 squares of sugar free/low-carb chocolate to dunk in and suck on.

So happy I did. Yummmmm. Go the sugar free chocolate!

• Like 1

My friend at work who knows about my sleeve told me yesterday that everyone else at work has been commenting about how good I'm looking :-D nice to know people are noticing, but also am happy I'm not being bombarded with comments and questions about my weight loss :-)

• Like 3

I bought a pair of jeans size 16 from the shop across the road (not a big 16) and another pair of size 14 casual pants. :D and they all fit nicely. I am not spending any big money yet until I get closer to goal.

• Like 3

Just finished from a weekend inMelbourne... Shopping, shopping & more shopping :-)

Bought tops in size 12 & mediums! Also tried some jeans on size 14 and they were too big! Needed either a 13 or 12 but they didn't have any in the style I wanted... Very happy considering the scales haven't moved for a few weeks!

• Like 2

This is a scale victory but I made my June goal and got under 65 for the first time since I was in high school. I can hardly believe it.

• Like 4

That is so good scoots! I'm happy for you.

I so miss going to uni and have a dream in the back of my mind to go back part time when I retire :)

I am halfway through my Honours thesis and I am in line for first class Honours!  This means I can get into doing a PHD and I'm also in line for great scholarships, which means I may be able to get my surgery sooner.

:D Happy happy Joy Joy

• Like 3

Gave away my fat clothes. Walked all round Melbourne at the weekend. Couldn't do that even 6 months ago. I had suffered with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue for years. New job, lost weight, got my life back. Yay!!

• Like 7

Bought a size 12 top from just jeans today!!! Still a bit tighter around the back but looks fab and for now I will have a cardigan or jacket on with it, and by summer hopefully it'll be big on me. :-)

• Like 7

I have been really Struggling with my weight loss of late, and felt really down about it. Then in the past 2 days I have had 3 different people comment on how great I'm looking. Once of the ladies even called me "skinny minnie" It was such a great feeling. And has helped boost my confidence a little more. I am just over halfway to goal, but I am trying to think of how far I've come, not how far I have to go, as it makes my journey a little easier. And the kind comments totally made my 5am work out worth it! 

• Like 3

Had a photo taken of me last night and when I looked at it later my first thought was, where's the rest of me ? Wow ... I've REALLY lost some weight !

• Like 6

My biggest non scale victory. My first goal was to lose enough weight that I could do up the bottom button of my work shirts. Yesterday one of the other nurses told me I need to get new shirts as mine are looking way too big. Woo hoo!

• Like 5

It's really starting to hit me now just how much I have lost. Good hey :)

Had a photo taken of me last night and when I looked at it later my first thought was, where's the rest of me ? Wow ... I've REALLY lost some weight !

• Like 2

Tried on a top in autograph today, picked up a 16 thinking it would fit, but ended up doing a little run from the changeroom to get a 14 coz the 16 was too big! Sadly the top was more than i could justify spending on something that will only fit for a few months, but yay on the size decrease!

• Like 7

Here's a couple of weird NSV's:

I stopped off for a skinny chai latte yesterday and as I was walking back to my car these young fellas drove past and yelled out the window, "Hey sweetheart !" I did the whole turning around to see who they were yelling out to but I was the only person there. I know they're probably just pigs who yell out the window at lots of women but it's been a loooooong time since anyone's yelled out the window at me.

I had to go into emergency 'cause I had really bad chest pain (turns out it was probably band-related. I'll talk to the surgeon about it on Monday) and when I left the doctor gave me a letter for my GP, which, of course, I read. He wrote in it that I'm 'moderately obese'. I know that's a very weird NSV but in the past they've written 'morbidly obese' or 'severely obese'. 'Moderately obese' is a step or two down from that. He also said he was happy to send me home as my risk factors for a heart attack were very low.

• Like 4

Had to add another hole to my belt and my stretch jeans are not stretching anymore.

• Like 2

One of my regular customers that come into work had noticed a while ago that i had lost weight and he commented on how great I looked, and I'd had my hair cut last week, so it looked a lot neater, not as many split ends. He said to me this week whether anyone has told me how much younger I looked with all the weigh loss , I think it was a combo of both weight loss and haircut, but I'll take the complement anyhow. I have also had a couple of friends say over the last few weeks that I look good, but don't go loosing too much weight! That comment is getting a bit annoying as I still have 6 Kgs to get into my healthy weight range!!!

• Like 4

One of my regular customers that come into work had noticed a while ago that i had lost weight and he commented on how great I looked, and I'd had my hair cut last week, so it looked a lot neater, not as many split ends. He said to me this week whether anyone has told me how much younger I looked with all the weigh loss , I think it was a combo of both weight loss and haircut, but I'll take the complement anyhow. I have also had a couple of friends say over the last few weeks that I look good, but don't go loosing too much weight! That comment is getting a bit annoying as I still have 6 Kgs to get into my healthy weight range!!!

i had a few girls at the jewellers i go to, we are friends with one of the girls, say to me that maybe another 10kg but no more then that, i just laughed and said i still have 30 to go. they say it all the time, i will say something the next time, just have to word it nicely lol

• Like 1

I had to have a stress test today and was talking to the nurse about having been banded and told her how much weight I'd lost so far. She was very excited for me and spent a lot of time talking about it. Then another nurse and the doctor came into the room and she was raving about my weight loss and then they were all raving about it. I'm surprised they didn't break out pom poms and start cheering for me ... lol

For once, I didn't feel like a big fat worthless lump in the presence of health professionals.

• Like 8

I rocked a peplum jacket, above knee pencil skirt and boots in the change room in Target today.....so much so I bought the lot!

I have never worn an above knee skirt.  My legs are not shapely, never have been and wont be regardless of weight loss....but with a pair of boots on I looked as good as the next person.  Feels great.

• Like 15

Fitting in to my old size 14 jeans (with no muffin top)!

• Like 2

Bought some more size 14 jumpers and jeans yesterday at the half-price sale. The lady in the shop commented that nowadays I don't have to just look for items in the back section :).

• Like 1