AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

3 large garbage bags of too big clothes off to St Vinnies today. I've decided I'm adding an item of clothing every 1-2 day to a St vinnies bag. I refuse to keep big clothes "in case" I fit back into them again. I am NEVER fitting back into them!!!

• Like 19

I sit at the computer with my left leg tucked up under my bum (not great for posture but its comfy!). Anyway, now it's not so comfy cos my butt bones dig into my foot! :)

Also, I can get into a dress I wore back in 1999. Looks like a lumpy bag of potatoes, but I can get it on and done up - now just to get it to look great!

• Like 3

Someone at work told me my face looks so much thinner now

I realised the other day that I now just stand up from sitting down without needing to lever myself up with hands on the armrests

On holiday the pants that fit me (when I was pre- packing my bag to go) were falling down three weeks later

I can now shave my legs, wipe my bum, and cut my toenails without being a contortionist

My 'last year's holiday swimsuit' is too big for me now - discovered this as I waded from the sea onto the beach and glanced down to see the weight of sodden looser fabric had dragged down to reveal my boobies in all their untanned splendour!

• Like 11

Bwahaha poor poppy! Exposed, but I'm sure that you are so proud of yourself. You made me laugh while I was drinking and sprayed my phone with optifast!

• Like 2

And another NSV for me. I finally managed to do 5km on treadmill. I thought I was going to die, but apparently I did not. Only 2 more days of C25K program left, I can't recommend the C25K enough. I've done it at a slower pace as I've got back issues (I only jog at 7.5km/hr). But yay!! I still got to 5km.

• Like 6

And another NSV for me. I finally managed to do 5km on treadmill. I thought I was going to die, but apparently I did not. Only 2 more days of C25K program left, I can't recommend the C25K enough. I've done it at a slower pace as I've got back issues (I only jog at 7.5km/hr). But yay!! I still got to 5km.

what is C25k ?

Hi Ali,

C25k is a program that gets you from the couch (that's the "c" part) to running/jogging 5km in 9 weeks. Just google it, there's apps for your phone which are quite good, or you can print off the program either by distance e.g. Run 700m or by time (best for treadmill) e.g. Run for 2mins.. I printed off the treadmill version & stuck it on the window in front of my treadmill and off I went. I liked being able to cross off each week as I went. It sort of motivated me for the next week.

Hi Ali,

C25k is a program that gets you from the couch (that's the "c" part) to running/jogging 5km in 9 weeks. Just google it, there's apps for your phone which are quite good, or you can print off the program either by distance e.g. Run 700m or by time (best for treadmill) e.g. Run for 2mins.. I printed off the treadmill version & stuck it on the window in front of my treadmill and off I went. I liked being able to cross off each week as I went. It sort of motivated me for the next week.

great thanks I'll be onto that as soon as in home I've been walking 30 min in treadmill each morning for almost 3 weeks and need a challenge thanks ladies

OMG did u know we have bones in our bum!!!!!! I've just driven to the flinders ( bout 2.5 hr drive) which I do every two weeks but it's been 5 weeks since surgery and I've had to stop in pt Pirie to buy a vision I think my entire 15 kilo loss so far has come off my bum.... Lol numb bum NSV....... Hahahahaha

• Like 5

yup my husband has to learn not to grab me to too hard or it hurts. He pulled me in for a kiss the other day and I ended up with a bruise, he wasnt happy. He had always been able to do that before, just a little less insulation and more bone now a days and he is now treating me like Im fragile pfft! Im only half way to goal.

• Like 4

Congrats to everyone.

My NSV is that after more than 10 years I can finally feel my collarbone again...it feels funny, like its sticking out lol. I also have the confidence to wear skirts for the first time...now that the sun is starting to come out a bit more :)

• Like 5

Very impressive! This is one of my goals. Congratulations!

• Like 4

People are starting to tell me that I don't need to lose any more weight :blink:

• Like 4

People are starting to tell me that I don't need to lose any more weight :blink:

Don't you just hate that when you know you have more to lose-I think they feel a bit threatened I'm becoming "normal" :(

• Like 1

what size are you junior? if its not a rude question

I've just gone into a 16 but my natural size, before becoming obese (read: before going on to Aropax - an anti depressant) was a 12.

I can see why people think I don't need to lose any more weight. The remaining 10-11 kilos is all on my torso and I tend to wear loose fitting tops so they just don't see it. I know it's there though and it's coming off .... B)

• Like 1

what size are you junior? if its not a rude question

Not rude at all. See my post above ^^^

http://www.c25k.com/

I think a lot of people are doing this, I'm yet to be that dedicated lol!

Same here Caughtbetween - I've had it on my phone for months now! But haven't attempted it yet. :wacko:

• Like 1

My BMI is down from 57 to 48! 9 points down! :D

Well done! Thats so great. I think out of all the numbers in this weight loss game, the BMI is the most important :)

• Like 1

I found a lovely skirt yesterday in the plus size section, i tried it on and it was too big around the waist and the funny thing was i was slightly disappointed because it was such a nice skirt. I am

starting to find that some plus sizes are too big but "normal" sizes are still too snug....oh well a few more months. :)

• Like 1

Kat 69, I am the same! There is a whole size missing between normal and plus sizes, and it really ticks me off! Especially since I've been here for almost 6 months, I guess I just need to work some more of my butt off lol

• Like 1