AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

People are starting to tell me that I don't need to lose any more weight :blink:

How exciting!

S

• Like 2

I've just gone into a 16 but my natural size, before becoming obese (read: before going on to Aropax - an anti depressant) was a 12.

I can see why people think I don't need to lose any more weight. The remaining 10-11 kilos is all on my torso and I tend to wear loose fitting tops so they just don't see it. I know it's there though and it's coming off .... B)

This is a weird thing isn't it? It happened to me this week too (someone said "eat something" ironically as I was eating a small bit of carrot cake) but I am still not in the healthy range let alone in the middle of it. I think ppl are so used to us being on the heavier side they see us as smaller than we really are now. It's a nice but kind of annoying compliment though especially when it comes from ppl who are on the low end of the healthy range themselves! I wonder what it really stems from...

Basically if you are approaching their weight, they dont want you to pass them. As has been said before, some people are just more comfortable being. "the skinny one", it makes them feel better about themselves by having a bigger friend

• Like 2

Sometimes its the shock factor, you go from being big to being normal and the change is so rapid for some of us that sometimes it can be a little surprising to others. But you have the right to choose to continue to loose the weight or not. Saunter past them as you get smaller and Im sure if they are worth anything they will be happy for you. Hopefully it is concern rather then jealousy.

• Like 1

Ok so I had to take my daughter to the drs this morning and I wasn't able to schedule with my normal doc so I saw someone new at the practice, Anyways the dr asked me politely "have you lost weight recently?" me - "how could you tell?" "Darling your clothes don't fit you." :wub: Lovely man, but then I was very self consious of the fact, my shirt was slipping from my shoulders and my pants tended to low ride :blink: Best thing though was when he asked me about my weight and how is the loss going, (I saw him pull up my chart) and I casually said, "oh I've lost 40 kilos) The gobsmacked look on his face was worth all the embarrasment in the world!! Made me feel ohh so proud of myself :):D

• Like 14

Guest Bethany

Can't stop feeling my boney shoulders, don't remember them feeling so boney ever before, not sure if it's bone or muscle but they feel good whatever it is.

Not really an NSV but I have also developed a strange habit of stroking my port that sticks out more now that I've lost weight when talking to people. It's like I'm having a little giggle about having my little secret that they know nothing about and it reminds me of when I was pregnant and couldn't stop stroking my belly. Weird!

• Like 5

good on you Lisa..... quirky but awesome. its almost like a kid with their favourite odd thing ... my son used have this knitted bear leg that he used to cart about everywhere. But it made him feel happy and good about himself ... so why not i say. Actually you weight loss is fantastic. when i grow up i want to be just like you :P :P :P ....9 days for me

I just wanted to share ... put a pair of pants on and they are loose. :o :o :o .... far out been a long time for this little duck to feel loose pants .... so i am giving myself phairy claps today.

• Like 3

Went to shops yesterday with my large denim jean shorts on and they kept sliding of so I walked. Into rebel sport grab a small pair of denim jean shorts and they fit so bought them walked back in change room put new ones on and walked past a bin thru old ones out woohoo do good

• Like 13

4 weeks post op and I just did my second session of C25K and ran all 8 run sessions on 9 kph woohoo can't believe I did that and I'm still Alive thank you for telling me about it and there is a free phone app for it u can have your music on and a voice tells u when to run or walk etc it's great and it automatically re sets for next session

• Like 4

My BMI

has dropped by 5 already wow what a differance in 4 weeks thats a sign in the right direction to inprove my health

• Like 5

i dont ususally check my BMI, but i did just now, its gone from 39 to 30 since May. Down by 10, is that good? In kg lost it looks much better (26kg down, but Ive had a slow couple of weeks).

• Like 5

Louise, 10 points is great! To put it another way, you went from well into the 'morbidly obese' category, to the 'overweight' category :D Fantastic work!

• Like 1

As some of you may know, I've been having a problem with binge eating when I'm alone. But today, I am home by myself, went to Woolies to get some chicken for tea, and didn't even cave to buying a tiny treat :) Very pleased with myself.

• Like 14

i had an awesome food and excercise day! if only I could do this every day-

breakfast - banana

gym- treadmill 15mins including 3 mins running!

lunch- 1/2 a small homemade chicken wrap- ended up just eating the chicken

dinner- left over spaghetti bolognese

feelin good ;)

• Like 3

Today I had a meeting with my boss. She said that she can really the notice the weight loss in my face and neck (see ya later second chin!!!)

• Like 3

My husband is the kind of person who doesn't know how to compliment me at alllllllll!!!!

Today, he was looking at me (after losing 6 kilos), and finally said it:-

YOU LOOK LIKE YOU LOST A BIT OF WEIGHT!!!!!!! :D

• Like 7

I've lost 40.5 and my hubby still hasn't said "wow I can see you've lost weight.". :(. He said he sees me everyday I just look like I did yesterday! MEN! But I showed him a before pic and he said I definitely don't look like that anymore. Atleast it's something hey

• Like 2

As some of you may know, I've been having a problem with binge eating when I'm alone. But today, I am home by myself, went to Woolies to get some chicken for tea, and didn't even cave to buying a tiny treat :) Very pleased with myself.

Good on you!! Well done kick the crap to the curb xxx

• Like 1

I've lost 40.5 and my hubby still hasn't said "wow I can see you've lost weight.". :(. He said he sees me everyday I just look like I did yesterday! MEN! But I showed him a before pic and he said I definitely don't look like that anymore. Atleast it's something hey

I think it is harder for ppl who see us every day because it is gradual and they adjust to the new you so hard as it is try not to take it personally and instead think about it as a sign that they just imagine you at your new lower weight. My partner said if he imagines me it is like i look now not like when we were first together.

• Like 1

Hes probably the strong silent type. My partner is the opposite.

He would tell me Im beautiful first thing in the morning with bad breath hair everywhere and yesterdays mascara smeared down my face. So I dont really believe him when he complements me