AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

I fit into a large W Lane top! Yay! I'm normally too big across the chest to fit into their XL so I must be shrinking. It feels funny going shopping now and looking at 16-18 when I have been a 20-22 for so long. My size 20 work pants which I had taken in a few weeks back are looking baggy already. I haven't lost a lot of weight but clearly my shape is changing.

• Like 4

Our weather forecast for this week:

Monday:39, tuesday:41, Wednesday:37, Thursday:43, Friday:37.

2 years ago, even 1 year ago, these temperatures would have been absolutely unbearable for me. Im proud to say that I can now put on a singlet and shorts and leave the house in...well not comfort...but im sooooo much more comfortable in the heat than ive ever been and it feels great. Hopefully this time next year I am at goal!

• Like 4

2 years ago, even 1 year ago, these temperatures would have been absolutely unbearable for me. Im proud to say that I can now put on a singlet and shorts and leave the house in...well not comfort...but im sooooo much more comfortable in the heat than ive ever been and it feels great. Hopefully this time next year I am at goal!

Melbourne is forecast for: Tue 42, Wed 39, Thu 41 and Fri 41

A year ago I wouldn't be able to move outside without a sweat towel.

Now I can actually do things without breaking a sweat.

Also went shopping at Rivers, grabbed a polo shirt maked L (I was in a 2XL) way too big.

Grabbed the same style in M which felt OK but maybe a little big, ended up in a S  :D

• Like 4

My back is a lot worse too Tish.

My theory is that my mid/upper back pain has worsened because whilst I've lost 75kg, very little of that has come off my bust which means I'm still having to support almost as big boobs on a much smaller frame. My theory on my lower back pain is that the loose skin is pulling on my muscles, especially when the skin jiggles around. Maybe our bodies just need to adjust to our new smaller size and shape ?

I'll be very curious to see how I go with the heat wave this week too. I was out yesterday evening when it was still 29 degrees, doing hard gardening, and just revelling in it. Yes, I had sweat pouring off me but that was from the exercise, not from being overheated. In previous fatter years, anything over 25 degrees would have seen me laying on the couch moaning that death was imminent. I'm hoping I'll be able to deal with the heat this summer like a 'normal' person.

• Like 3

I walked 5kms (not really by choice) in this god-forsaken miserable heat today!!!! In uncomfortable shoes even! Carrying shopping! And I didn't die. lol

• Like 6

Okay, my first non scale victory! I have a back problem that makes it difficult to twist and reach on the toilet after I have been (trying not to be TMI). Today I realised I didn't need 6 tries, but did it easily first time!

• Like 3

Went to the beach with the fam this evening and my brother-in-law was putting all the girls on his shoulders and dumping them into the water. He put my niece on his shoulders and I know she's only a few kilos less than me so I asked him if he reckoned he could take another 5 kilos and he said sure ! So for the first time in well over 20 years I was able get on someone's shoulders ... and I didn't break him. The beach was very crowded but I was so excited I still threw my arms out and yelled, "LOOK AT ME ! I'M SO HAPPY !" lol. It was just so nice to be able to play and fit in with what everyone else was doing.

• Like 6

I bought bathers for the first time in 9 years..... And that look really nice :-D. I'm looking forward to going down to the beach!

• Like 10

I wasn't recognised today!!! Okay by someone who hasn't seen me in about 2 years but we did used to have offices next to each other!!!

I recognised his daughter first and went up to say hello. Was quite funny, okay maybe a little bit mean, when I could see in his eyes he had no idea who this person talking to him is..... but that moment when it clicked, and the eyes widened and his eyebrows skyrocketed - BRILLIANT!!!!

• Like 12

I was able to get away with not wearing the compression garments during last week's heatwave, wearing really loose fitting cotton tops. I still look like a Shar-Pei but I've firmed up quite a lot and have gotten really good muscle tone happening.

• Like 7

City Chic size 14 jeans are TOO BIG on me. How on earth did that happen ? I kept putting off trying any on because I didn't want to be disappointed by still being too big for them and now it's too late ... lol.

• Like 3

City Chic size 14 jeans are TOO BIG on me. How on earth did that happen ? I kept putting off trying any on because I didn't want to be disappointed by still being too big for them and now it's too late ... lol.

tish try some on at jeans west, their sizes are great and they have stretchy comfortable ones!!

• Like 2

I wear my son's Jeans West jeans. Actually ... I wear quite a lot of his clothes these days ... lol  :ph34r:

I'm not a fan of stretch jeans ... they're quite unflattering on me. As soon as I can find a pair of non-stretch flares I'll be snapping them up.

• Like 2

Realised I bought beach towels in the sales this year because I am actually swimming again after 10 years.  Double NSV because it is so normal now that i didn't even notice it was a NSV at the time!

• Like 5

Finding it so much easier to walk in heels! 34kg lighter makes it easier to balance my weight on those horrible heels

• Like 3

Finding it so much easier to walk in heels! 34kg lighter makes it easier to balance my weight on those horrible heels

Yep ... I'm rocking 6 inch heels ... no issues. I love being tall !

• Like 2

Here is a NSV I need some help with...

Weekend to End Women's Cancer

Dear Bandits,

I was recently banded and to date, I have lost 26kgs by addressing my eating habits alone (pre and post surgery)

This year, one of my "NSV" goals is to increase my fitness and well-being by training for and completing a number of charity walks/runs.

The first of these is the Weekend to End Women's Cancers which is a 60km walk taking place in Perth over 15-16th March. The event is 2 days of walking, with an overnight camp in between.

This event is for a very worthy cause and is accessible to all fitness types: individuals or teams can choose how much of the 30 km/day they are able to walk - the main focus is the fundraising.

Having just begun my fitness journey, my personal goal at the moment is to walk a minimum of 10 km per day. While this may not seem like much to some, I assure you, this is a significant amount for me!

What I'm asking for from you is one (or more!) of three things:

1. Donations to support this worthy cause. All deductions over $2 are tax-deductable. I am aiming to raise $2000.

2. Anyone in Perth who might be interested in joining my team. You can go at your own pace and whatever distance you like - the only commitments are to raise funds yourself and also be able to camp overnight. (Food, entertainment, showers, pre-pitched tents and massages and health care are provided.)

3. If you're not in Perth and are unable to make a donation, please consider doing the event in your city and google for more info. There are a few walks/rides on for this charity and it really is a great cause!

You can visit my page to make a donation, contact me about joining my team or register yourself as an individual by following these instructions:

Donate: go to endcancer.org.au, select "Perth", select "Donate today", select "Search for a participant" and search for me (Leesa)

Register: go to endcancer.org.au, select "Perth", select "Register today" and register as an individual

Join me: register as an individual first, then PM me to let me know of your interest. Or just PM me for more info

And just because it's ABOUT women, doesn't mean it's only FOR women. Gentlemen - support the women in your life by pulling out your wallet or putting on a pair of walking shoes!

I hope you can all join me in supporting this event in one or more of the above ways!

Thank you for your time :)

Having just begun my fitness journey, my personal goal at the moment is to walk a minimum of 10 km per day. While this may not seem like much to some, I assure you, this is a significant amount for me!

10kms a day sounds like a very long way to walk and I'm someone who workouts every day, sometimes twice a day.

• Like 2

Non scale victory - I finally got to update my profile from 0% to 10%! So good to see it there!

• Like 7

Waist measurement has gone from 46 inches to 29 inches in the past twelve months. Tomorrow it will be one year since I started this journey. :) And how fantastic its been!!! Thank you all so much for your love and support. xoxoxox Karen

• Like 11

Went swimming - didn't wear board shorts and a t-shirt on top of bathers just wore the swimwear! Okay swimwear was a two piece - had tiny short shorts and top was singlet style. They looked great on me and I was very comfortable.

Went to Wet and Wild and a lot of the two-person rides have a max weight of 180kgs. I was able to go on with my partner! Pre-band I would not have.

Also some slides had a max weight of 115kgs. I wouldn't be able to go on pre-band.

Plus I actually cried when I went on a rollercoaster at Seaworld and a young boy (approx 15yo) was asked to get off the ride because the ride wouldn't lock as he was too big. I cried because I felt his sadness and could see his disappointment in his face and I also cried because that could have been me with him if I didn't have the band!

• Like 13

Plus I actually cried when I went on a rollercoaster at Seaworld and a young boy (approx 15yo) was asked to get off the ride because the ride wouldn't lock as he was too big. I cried because I felt his sadness and could see his disappointment in his face and I also cried because that could have been me with him if I didn't have the band!

Oh, my heart breaks for that poor kid :(

• Like 1

I shed a little tear for that kid too. I remember when I went to all the theme parks when I was about 150 kg and had to go on the rides, really seriously squished in, taking up the space of two people. It's humiliating.

• Like 1

Went away for a week, swam every day in bathers, at the beach, decided to own it, even though I'm higher than most people's starting weights, I'm 37kgs down and I felt great!

Keep strong, I am so looking forward to heading to an amusement park and getting on a ride and not freaking out about whether things would lock or not. That poor kid what a horrible thing to happen to him.

• Like 7