AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

I wore a one piece swimsuit on the beach today.  I felt great.  Didn't look great lol but didn't stand out in a bad way either.

Funny thing is when I got home and peeled the togs off to get in the shower I found a round sticker on the front saying "hidden tummy control"

Not so hidden today lol.

• Like 6

Counting today's 7.5km walk, I have done just over 100km this month. It was a lovely morning:)

• Like 5

My bigger self used to be able to float like a cork. Seriously ... I could literally just lay on top of water. Now ... it's such a struggle to keep afloat. I'm obviously a lot less fat and a lot more muscular these days. My bones are probably more dense with all the weights I do as well. Not really an NSV though 'cause if I ever fall overboard into the ocean I will drown for sure.

• Like 6

I have had a few lately!

I have been on over 10 planes in the last 2 months and never had the anxiety of whether my seatbelt would fit or not.

I went to disneyland and never had a problem with a seatbelt/barrier fitting across me.

I came home from 8 weeks in the US and all of my clothes still fit.

I went bob sledding in central park and my butt fit in the sled :P

I walked and walked and walked without feeling completely exhausted after 10 minutes.

The band really made my holiday :)

• Like 11

I flew home to Perth and back and was very comfortable on the plane. Wasnt offered an extender belt of any kind.

I got dressed up in a cute dress and heels for my Hen's night and felt sexy and "normal".

I ate good food (like really naughty good food) and drank over the 4 days I was there and I come home to find I havent gained anything. I love my band.

• Like 9

I went for a blood test and without thinking was able to raise my body up onto the chair with my wrists and arms. I haven't done that since I was a teenager :).

• Like 4

I have had a few lately!

I have been on over 10 planes in the last 2 months and never had the anxiety of whether my seatbelt would fit or not.

I went to disneyland and never had a problem with a seatbelt/barrier fitting across me.

I came home from 8 weeks in the US and all of my clothes still fit.

I went bob sledding in central park and my butt fit in the sled :P

I walked and walked and walked without feeling completely exhausted after 10 minutes.

The band really made my holiday :)

Very very cool! Can't wait to be able to make that kind of statement :-) and I will!!!

• Like 1

I finally had to go bra shopping after deciding these girls were looking very very shabby. I fit back into the Berlei Sweatergirl range (not pretty but super comfortable) and I haven't been able to wear them for about 4 years!

It's pretty apparent I will need a lift down the track unless boobs drooping to your knees comes into vogue!

• Like 8

Last night I was in bed reading with a book on my tummy. I could actually feel my pulse going through the book. That's how small my waistline has become.

• Like 5

I have to move my seat up while driving-and can feel my cheekbones

• Like 9

Prior to banding I was taking 2 prescription tablets.  One was for high Blood Pressure and the other was a combined Blood Pressure and Cholesterol tablet.  Within a month of banding the dosage on my BP tablet was reduced by half.  Today I have just seen the GP again and she has decided to stop the combined tablet completely.  I have to go back in month just to make sure my BP and cholesterol isn't going back up but whoo hoo.  Just 1 tablet to go now :)

Plus I can now feel my ribs, hips and pelvis - having been overweight since the age of 6 I don't ever think I have felt these before!

• Like 9

I'm out at a bar, waiting for everyone else to arrive in a skirt that sits just below my knees without leggings and I just SLID into the booth!!!! Oh my goodness I saw them and freaked a bit, hopped in, wiggled along and kept wiggling, no problems, woo hoo!

• Like 14

A non scale victory - well almost!

When standing on the scales this morning I realised I could just glance down and read my weight rather than having to lean forward to see past my chest and stomach :)

• Like 11

Today I bought my first road bike and rode about 20kms on it and didn't even injury myself which is amazing considering I haven't ridden a real bike since I was in my early teens. Going fast was a bit scary but luckily I didn't crash into anything or fall off. Yeah baby! 

• Like 12

This morning I have dropped off a huge bag of intermediate clothes (size 14 -16) at a local charity and yesterday bought some more clothes size 10 - 12.

• Like 9

I don't know if this is related to my weight loss, but I'll claim it as such lol - I usually have THE. WORST. time ever when it comes to getting blood drawn, usually takes 20-40 minutes to even find a vein, multiple pricks, special needles and then they usually end up drawing it from between my knuckles and I'm stuck with heaps of bruises.. today I had to get blood drawn and guess what? First prick and no problems! 

• Like 5

That's definitely weight loss related as my veins are now actually visible through my skin, whereas before the collector had to feel for them.

On a side note, if your collector is having that much trouble they should send you to someone more experienced with difficult veins. I'm a pathology collector and I would NEVER stick anyone more than twice. If I couldn't get a vein in two goes I'd send them elsewhere. It's just poor form to keep sticking someone, and unnecessary when there's so many more experienced collectors out there.

• Like 3

yep my last bloods i was explaining to the lady how many goes it takes for me and she said in her company they are not meant to do more than 2, will be interesting next time i go back, usually they also have to send a note saying this is all i could get, extremly hard patient! lol. Well at least i wont become a druggy! lol

• Like 1

yep I'm the same....newbie nurses can't get my blood out only the oldies can. Sometimes my veins trick them into thinking the blood is coming and then it suddenly stops and they wonder what is happening. They try both arms and then sometimes the back of my hand of both hands. I've tried to give blood about 3 times in my life and each time is takes the amount of time it takes about 4 people to each donate blood one after the other. So, needless say I don't bother trying to donate blood anymore. I think, if I'm in some accident one day and a normal person would bleed out and die perhaps my veins will just shut down and I will live. There must be an upside somewhere.

• Like 1

Next time, Missy, ask them to use a needle and syringe and to draw the blood very slowly. The vacuum in the vacuum tubes can make sensitive veins more prone to collapsing.

• Like 1

My NSV might seem a little odd but as a secret bander it has been what I hoped for.

I am within a kilo of goal and have been for months so I think I'm going to call it done. I have lost 30 odd kilos and my NSV is that people no longer comment on my weight loss and ask how I did it. The way I look now has become my 'normal' look. New people at work don't know me any other way. I'm normal and it feels great.

• Like 12