AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

My NSV might seem a little odd but as a secret bander it has been what I hoped for.

I am within a kilo of goal and have been for months so I think I'm going to call it done. I have lost 30 odd kilos and my NSV is that people no longer comment on my weight loss and ask how I did it. The way I look now has become my 'normal' look. New people at work don't know me any other way. I'm normal and it feels great.

I started a new job in January and love how nobody knows me as "the former fat girl" as I never get asked about my weight or weight loss etc.

• Like 4

Only took me a month for a BFP after the implanon was removed!

Good luck. Shhhhhhh.....

Sorry...whats BFP? :)

Went for my lung function test today due to other health issues and its significantly improved since last year!! yay!! ;):P:D:lol:

• Like 8

I have a couple of newies.

I went for a CT scan yesterday and the gown fit me and there was enough to wrap right around to my sides. Also, the last time I had a CT was about 60 kilos ago and I felt extremely claustrophobic going into that donut thing as there wasn't much room between me and the machine but yesterday, there was PLENTY of room and I didn't feel claustrophobic at all.

I only just noticed yesterday, even though it's been the case for ages, that when I go into a public toilet, my butt isn't pressed up against the sanitary disposal unit when I sit down.

And one more old one that I haven't mentioned before .... when I get in and out of my shower my belly, hips and butt don't brush against the door/door jam. It's nice to not get that cold shock of glass on my wet body.

• Like 9

I was told I am fading away and couldn't possibly have more to lose by a weight nazi at work! I am still a size 18 but happily bought a size 16 trousers the other day for work and so I guess it must be showing. 22kg to go but nice to be nearly half way.

• Like 3

The other day at work, a guy I've known for ages and who I've had a bit of a crush on for most of that time, though last I knew he was married (as far as I know he still is sadly), told me I was looking good and that if there weren't cameras around that he'd be hitting on me (I work in a secure environment with cameras)....puts a smile on my face every time I think of it :)

• Like 5

Running out of clothes that fit me...  Sounds terrible but they were my "fat" clothes so happy to see them disappear from my life!

• Like 3

Running out of clothes that fit me...  Sounds terrible but they were my "fat" clothes so happy to see them disappear from my life!

I keep an open cardboard box in the bottom of my (emptying) wardrobe.

If it don't fit it's banished to the box and off to Vinnies

• Like 7

I went through my box of don't fit me clothes and pulled a whole load of jeans out that fit now. Things that haven't fit in years!

• Like 6

I keep an open cardboard box in the bottom of my (emptying) wardrobe.

If it don't fit it's banished to the box and off to Vinnies

I've been doing the same thing, I've got the green shopping bags sitting in my wardrobe - filled 2.5 of them now and I'm sure there will be quite a few more to come!

• Like 1

I went through my box of don't fit me clothes and pulled a whole load of jeans out that fit now. Things that haven't fit in years!

Same.

I am wearing jeans I was wearing 8 years ago. In perfect condition. So glad I didn't throw them away.

I have kept some big clothes, but honestly most my big clothes were easy to donate away because there were not that nice.

• Like 3

I'm now a home owner!! Whoo hoo...no more stressing about Sydney rising property prices. The tenants are moving out on Saturday and I am moving in the following Saturday. My new apartment is only about 300 meters away from where I currently rent as I bought an apartment in the same complex. The removalists don't even need to bring a truck. 

• Like 16

hi  everyone have been  just floating  along had a huge  win today  had to go and buy  new  work pants  went looking in kmart as im still a bit  funny  at spending 60-70 dollars  on good tailored  trousers  found some really nice Kmart brand tailored trousers   and a  very pretty he top was a 14 the HUGE WIN  was  the trousers where  size 16 and  top was  a 14 .... just stood there and had a  proud me moment  hugz all jules xx 

• Like 6

Sitting on the floor at work today and realised I am sitting cross legged. Last couple of years I've had to sit with my legs straight out in a V shape... and I can cross them if I am lounging back in a chair. Never been able to cross them in a chair...

• Like 8

Sitting on the floor at work today and realised I am sitting cross legged. Last couple of years I've had to sit with my legs straight out in a V shape... and I can cross them if I am lounging back in a chair. Never been able to cross them in a chair...

i was so happy when i could finally cross my legs in a chair! Except my chiropractor has been telling me off for doing it, because it's something that triggers my lower back pain. its soooo comfortable to sit with my legs crossed like that, but it really does affect my back later on.. :(

that and my (low) heeled boots. Need to buy some flat ones for winter.

• Like 2

Having rheumatoid arthritis, its awesome to see my ankles not swollen and puffy. I never where skirts or shorts because of my ankles and this week every day I wore a skirt

• Like 8

Not really a victory but when I got into the bath today it was quite uncomfortable sitting on my now not quite padded out enough butt. I can't say it's bony but there's certainly not enough fat left to make sitting on a hard surface a pleasant experience.

• Like 10

I had to get some new work pants today - size 20, down from not even being able to get 26's to fit. And I got size 18 tops - these are snug, but they are going under my loose t-shirts.

• Like 12

A few weeks ago I was going out to dinner and whinging that I was sick of all my clothes. My daughter, who is a skinny little mini, told me I could go through her clothes and see if there was anything I wanted to wear. OMG ! I went through them and found one of her bigger blousier tops and wore that. Then yesterday we were in a changing room together and I tried on a jumper and she said, "I think you should get that so I can wear it too."

We can wear some of the same clothes now. I'm about a 16 in tops and she's about 12, so she can wear my closer fitting stuff and I can wear her looser stuff. I never thought I'd see this day. Luckily we mostly have very different tastes in clothes ... lol

• Like 11

I jumped on the trampoline with my daughter today!

I wasn't worried about the safe operating weight of the thing.

I didn't flop and flap around the belly and boobs.

After five children my pelvic floor didn't let me down!

• Like 13

Even with all the loose skin, being able to tuck in my shirt again is a great feeling.

• Like 8

Being satisfied with 1 hash brown at Maccas instead of 2 bacon and egg mcmuffins and 2 hash browns. (Even though I shouldn't be eating it at all, and I had a nasty stuck moment with it!) It was nice to sit there and not feel like a greedy pig.

Also, not having any jeans because my size 26s are SO big on me that I gave them away. Tried on a few, and the size 20s fit...very nice feeling.

• Like 6

Bought size 16 shorts for my vegas trip (even if they were a large 16!), and yesterday when shopping I was hungry and instead of automatically thinking of buying a chocolate bar I actually felt like a banana or some nuts!

• Like 5