AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

Talking to our neighbour today and he asked how much weight I've lost because my face looks so much slimmer.

Rlar I have also been told my face is a lot thinner, I cant wait till people start noticing a difference in my body and not just my face.

• Like 4

My barber told me that my neck is thinner! (haha! I've had a fair few comments so far, but that my barber noticed my new, slimmer, neck, is probably my favourite so far!)

• Like 9

I did it had my tummy tuck and breast reduction xxx

• Like 14

Congratulations Ali, hope that you are feeling fab.

• Like 2

How'd you go Ali, hope you have a speedy recovery

• Like 2

Hi

I know these posts are old, but I loved reading them it makes me smile to see the happiness these events in your life can bring.  I love the idea of NSV - I have "scales -a-phobia", so am not big on weighing but more into noticing weight loss in another way. Looking forward to updating you on my NSV  :)

• Like 8

I look forward to your NSVs, sometimes we need them as scales can be very unpredictable things.

• Like 5

I just realised I am no longer morbidly obese, just obese.

• Like 13

How'd you go Ali, hope you have a speedy recovery

Hi there it all went amazing its five days since the op breast reduction and tummy tuck and im all dressed up heading out to diner with friends Dr Mark Moore is amazing and i feel fab!!!
  • Like 10

This morning, to wake my daughter up, I went into her room, jumped on her bed and laid over her to give her a kiss. In the past I would never have done this as I would have killed her but being only 15kg heavier than her now I knew I'd only squish her a bit.

It's nice being 'normal'.

• Like 13

Three separate people today have told me I am looking thin,fading away and vanishing. At still over 100kg I don't feel thin, but I'll take the compliments!

• Like 9

Three separate people today have told me I am looking thin,fading away and vanishing. At still over 100kg I don't feel thin, but I'll take the compliments!

When you've been morbidly obese for many years, one of the hardest things is taking a well-intentioned compliment. :)

Its an art to master.

• Like 2

Yep. Treat every compliment as a gift; so always say thank you, even if you're not all there yet!

• Like 2

Skeeter I know what you mean. The people who have asked if I have lost weight have always received my standard response "a bit but still got a long way to go".... Dont know why I just cant say yes and be happy that they noticed (as not many ppl have noticed and those who do seem shocked when I say just how much I have lost) i think to myself they are probably calculating what they would weigh if they took 14kgs off and then probably wonder how much I must have weighed to lose so much and still look fat....

• Like 4

A little bit excited today I bought a shirt, pants, bathers and a nighty online through marks and spencer because they have free shipping at the moment, I recieved the package, looked at the clothes and though Ohhh my god, I was dilusional, they looked so small, tried them on and they fit like a glove! So excited!

Reasonably cheap clothes that are a little bit different to our Aussie stuff, I will be buying again! Especially their shirts!

• Like 6

I was part of a panel at a work event today which meant I was sitting on a chair at the front of the room with 50 people glaring at me. This situation would previously had made me extremely uncomfortable, I genuinely hated people looking at me. Today I felt completely relaxed, I was not self conscious, I was not worried that my thighs were spilling over the edge of the seat and to top it off I had a woman come up to me at the end of the meeting to tell me that it took her 15 minutes to realise that it was me sitting there, she genuinely didn't recognise me :)

• Like 8

Had 20 minutes to kill this afternoon whilst waiting for an appointment with my son so we went to maccas for a soy chai. My son wanted to sit outside because it was quieter but I whinged cause it was so cold. (Feeling the cold is something new for me). He said, "That's ok mum. I'll give you my jumper to wear." Previously he wouldn't have let me near his clothes because if I'd even been able to get them on I would have stretched them all out of shape. I put his jumper (hoodie) on and he said, "You look ridiculous. It's way to big on you." lol.

This sort of thing is happening a lot now. I'll be at my sisters and be freezing cold so she'll give me a jumper or leggings or something to wear ... and they fit. I had an impromptu sleepover at a friends house and she gave me a tshirt to wear to bed ... and it fit.

• Like 9

10cm's down on my stomach! Woohoooo

• Like 8

Yesterday I ticked 2 things off my bucket list, I swam with whale sharks and went to Ningaloo Reef.  But my NSV is maybe a little shallow but dammit I'm claiming it as a victory.  They gave us wetsuits to wear and the size was printed on the outside of the collar (bit cruel hey!) but... Mine wasn't the biggest one - three people had bigger wetsuits than I did, one guy just fit into the largest size.  

• Like 10

Have lost 18.5cm total off my bust, waist and hips since the 12th of April  :)

Whoa, nice Jelly!!  :o 

• Like 3

Had to redo the hem of my jeans as they have become too short!

I now have a waist which is higher than where I used to fasten my jeans under my belly 

• Like 10

bought a S/M sweater from sportsgirl last night and a size 12 dress from topshop. 12 months ago i wouldn't have even considered walking into topshop!!

i've always loved sportgirl as they are quite generous with their larger sizes for any young ladies wearing a 16/18

• Like 9

I bought a M size cardigan from Autograph and I was a very happy girl! It's almost a fitted style too. I kept saying it's too tight, but I was told no way! by the Store Manager that I've known there for years (I'm a good customer lol) and by a stranger. I guess I am so used to buying the baggy clothes, when something fit me, I said too tight.

It seems I have a waist, who knew!! ;)

• Like 9

Finally went and spent some money on some clothes for myself. Granted i havent even bought a quarter of the things i need, but i made a start.

Went to savers and bought some "house" clothes, 2 pairs of track pants and a hoodie jacket. Also got two really nice pairs of jeans. All up i think i got about 10 items and spent $66.

Then i went to Target in search of a nice cardigan. After 2 rounds of the store i finally found what i was after in the maternity section, and that one item cost $50. Im really hating the current fashion, nothing is flattering for my body shape; its all high necklines and horrible.

but a win for the second-hand jeans. They look brand new and make my butt look awesome

• Like 11