AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

I bought a M size cardigan from Autograph and I was a very happy girl! It's almost a fitted style too. I kept saying it's too tight, but I was told no way! by the Store Manager that I've known there for years (I'm a good customer lol) and by a stranger. I guess I am so used to buying the baggy clothes, when something fit me, I said too tight.

It seems I have a waist, who knew!! ;)

Pre-surgery I wore a size 18/22 - I have lost 15kgs and still wearing the same clothes. A lady at work was very surprised when she asked me if I had dropped 2 sizes because I have lost 15kgs and 10cms on my stomach and I said no not really. But, my clothes are a lot looser. I dont like wearing tight clothes, but at what point do you stop buying (or wearing) baggy clothes?? LOL

• Like 4

Pre-surgery I wore a size 18/22 - I have lost 15kgs and still wearing the same clothes. A lady at work was very surprised when she asked me if I had dropped 2 sizes because I have lost 15kgs and 10cms on my stomach and I said no not really. But, my clothes are a lot looser. I dont like wearing tight clothes, but at what point do you stop buying (or wearing) baggy clothes?? LOL

I got no idea Sav! When either one of us get there, how about we let the other one know? LOL

• Like 1

Today I am wearing size 18 jeans - they are the smallest pants in my 'can't fit me' stash from my smaller days. So I now officially fit all the trousers I own!

• Like 14

Theres a fine line between "tight" and "fitted". I find i feel more comfortable wearing "fitted" clothing when im layering. Bit of a safety barrier lol. Hard as it can be, i think ditching the really baggy stuff for those more fitted ones are important. You will notice your shape changing much quicker when you can see it. Baggy clothes will only make you look larger. You just have to make the change from covering what you're ashamed of, to showing off what you're now proud of :)

• Like 9

I went shopping today and was successful in buying my first lot of normal size clothes.

Such an amazing feeling :)

• Like 10

My engagement ring is too big!

Oh I can relate to that too.  My wedding ring is way too big - it keeps sliding off my finger.  Been married nearly 21 years and I am a bit loathed to get it made smaller yet.

• Like 4

Two more little victories:

Before I lost weight and I was carrying around 170kg I had a lot of problems with my feet (plantar fasciitis) so had to spend a small fortune on runners to help with the pain. A couple of weeks ago I was in Payless Shoes with my daughter and they had a 2 pairs for $50 deal on so we bought a pair of el cheapo runners each. I've been wearing mine with no problems at all ... to the gym and out walking. Not having to spend $100-$200 on a pair of runners is great but what's also great is that because my feet are smaller I no longer have to buy ugly men's runners and was able to buy super bright colourful pink/green/yellow/orange runners. (I'm a big fan of bright bold colours.) My feet feel pretty now.

This is one of my best NSV's to date ..... My daughter (18) isn't a big fan of exercise but I've managed to encourage her to come out for walks with me. We only go out for 1/2 an hour and walk 1.7km (including 2 sets of killer steps) but I'm so happy that because I'm fit now that I'm able to go with her and model healthy habits for her. We're only going twice a week but she's keen to improve her times and increase frequency as she gets fitter.

• Like 14

Bought some new cheapy genie type bras on the weekend, and had to take them back for a smaller size. Usually I am swapping clothes for a bigger size! I am now wearing size L bras, down from 2XL that were so tight I broke the stitches and couldn't get them on by myself after a shower. There's no X in my L baby! Sorry, I am a wee bit excited!

• Like 8

had to go to a tighter hole in my watch buckle today, it wouldnt stop swinging around!

• Like 6

Congratulations everyone, you all seem to be doing so well. I have a heavy duty Mountain bike challenge coming up in 7 weeks and its full on training every afternoon for 1 1/2 hours and for some pain/fun I've started selecting a low gear and standing up on the pedals when going up hills, this really burn in the hips, legs and the chest and gets the heart pumping really hard. 

• Like 5

I can bend over and touch my toes.

I can skip again, I was carrying so much weight I couldn't get off the ground. Now a can skip for about 20 seconds.

I managed to squeeze into size 16 rockmans jeans. Thrilled!

• Like 11

I went into Tarocash last night and for the first time in a LONG time I fit into their clothing! I didn't even have to buy the biggest size! Slowly saying goodbye to the 'Big Men' section at shops!!! :)

• Like 15

I walked 2km today. Sounds pathetic but, I'm one week post op and was feeling pretty ordinary today and I still managed to get through it. Plus it's probably the most excersise I've done in over a year. My lungs felt like they were burning just from the fairly flat walk. Baby steps. 

• Like 13

I got out of my comfort zone today and attended a fitness class at the gym....and survived!

• Like 10

My Facebook status today:  That strange feeling you get when you put your hands on your hips and it's hard. Oh wait... hip bones! I have them!

• Like 13

I walked 2km today. Sounds pathetic but, I'm one week post op and was feeling pretty ordinary today and I still managed to get through it. Plus it's probably the most excersise I've done in over a year. My lungs felt like they were burning just from the fairly flat walk. Baby steps. 

Well done! It gets easier! If you stick to the same walk, remember where you stopped to catch your breath etc, in a short time you'll find you don't need to stop anymore, and you'll do it faster. It doesn't take long, and you'll start to feel good after you've gone on the walk.

• Like 4

I wore a dress yesterday and was freezing so ended up looking like the Michelin man with jumpers and scarves and complained I was cold on FB. One of the guys at work wrote (he could be my dad so just being nice) 'actually you looked very elegant' Awww felt so good after that comment.

• Like 6

I am wearing a size 16 pair of jeans - I haven't worn a size 16 anything since the age of 15, which is nearly 30 years ago.  The grin on my face is wider than my hips at the moment LOL :)

• Like 13

It's not pathetic at all. I remember barely being able to walk one block at the start, but now (many years later) I'm extremely fit and all it takes is pushing yourself to do a little more each day. It get easier and easier as the weight falls off.

• Like 4

Spent the afternoon going through my too small clothes box and have emptied it! Too big clothes (apart from my fave t-shirts) have been removed from my cupboard, and everything from the box is in the cupboard! With the exception of one or two snug shirts, everything fits! I tried on a pair of my mums jeans in a fit of optimism (size 14, and I am just into a size 18) and couldn't get them past my legs. Ah well, soon enough!

• Like 8

Went furniture shopping with my hubby yesterday and started looking at mirror's.  Then actually looked at my reflection which I would NEVER EVER have done before and the woman reflected looked pretty damn good.  Hair was a mess :rolleyes: , but the body looked ok :)

• Like 9

My usual size scrub top at work (XXL) just seemed too enormous. I tried on a XL... and it fit! Yay!

• Like 9

My 7 yo DD put her arms around me tonight to say goodnight, and linked her fingers together. She remarked, "look Mummy, I can get my arms all the way around you".

Have never kissed her so much!!!

• Like 12

Plank for 2'40" at the gym this morning. Booyah!!

• Like 6