AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

Blood sugars are 3.7 ! (That's a little low but it's ok cause I don't have diabetes and I'm not having any hypoglycaemic symptoms).

• Like 4

Blood sugars are 3.7 ! (That's a little low but it's ok cause I don't have diabetes and I'm not having any hypoglycaemic symptoms).

Excellent!

More importantly - how did you feel when the sample was taken? 

and for interest - fasting or non-fasting? (I assume it was fasting-  if it was post prandial that would be a worry!)

And any idea what your fasting insulin was? 

Us old chooks (! - I am older than you!) are doing well :)

• Like 1

Excellent!

More importantly - how did you feel when the sample was taken? 

and for interest - fasting or non-fasting? (I assume it was fasting-  if it was post prandial that would be a worry!)

And any idea what your fasting insulin was? 

Us old chooks (! - I am older than you!) are doing well :)

I felt fine when the sample was taken as I have blood drawn quite regularly. It's a routine thing for me. I was a little pissed that my regular phlebotomist was off that day and the mean lady had to do it ... lol. (I'm trained as a phlebotomist so having a needle stuck in me is no big deal.) It was fasting as I also had my cholesterol checked. I have no idea what my fasting insulin is or was. Actually ... I think I was tested for insulin resistance way back prior to being banded, and then 6 or 12 months afterwards, and I don't remember what the numbers were but they were fine. I can't remember if there was any improvement. I'm back to the clinic next week so I'll ask.

And yes, us old chooks are just fine ... lol

• Like 2

So this happened... and I felt absolutely FANTASTIC.

I originally went out to do a 18km run, but got to the 17.5km mark and thought "what the hell, it's only another 2km"...

Bucket list... *tick*!!

run.jpg

long day.jpg

• Like 9

I did a 2 hour walk on Monday. 8km all up. I thought I wasn't going to make it home but I didn't really have much choice but to keep going. 

I then went for a 30 minute walk yesterday even though I was really sore (I still am). Feel proud that I pushed through. 

• Like 7

A week ago while at the wreckers looking for a rear spoiler for me VX Holden Commodore I spied a very low klm V6 Holden Commodore engine in a mint car that had hit a pole.

I purchased the engine for $250 and am in the process of removing it, oh what a great feeling being able to get up and down and slide in under the car with no issues.

VX wreck 3.JPG

VX wreck - engine removal 260915. 5.JPG

• Like 3

Just back from 5 days of cycling fun, Friday we did 80 klms of mountain work and on Saturday we did a 137klm road trip in 8 hours with a 20 knot gale force wind.

Hows this, on Sunday I went to the cinema for the first time in 4 1/2 years and was really surprised how well I fitted in the seat. My last time I went I had to shoe horn myself in and the viewing of Paul (the alien) wasn't fun.

I saw the Martian movie in 3D and wow the space scenes are just amazing as is the whole movie.

Edited by Specialized29er
spelling
  • Like 3

I went to Bali. A place I never thought my body or mind would cope with. I loved the heat which normally the fatty in me hates. I didn't get sick! I really enjoyed being somewhere out of my comfort zone, which for me is a big NSV.

• Like 7

I did my very first group fitness class on Saturday morning. I joined a new gym and my new PT instructor convinced me to try a RPM class. It was great and Im going back again!!! I was jsut happy to survive the class and not fall off the bike!! :)

I've been going to gyms for years but was never brave enough to do a group class. I have always gone to small gyms but this one is HUGE. The weights room is pretty intimidating but I don't have to go in there. All the PT is done in a separate private area as are the group classes. 

• Like 6

I did my very first group fitness class on Saturday morning. I joined a new gym and my new PT instructor convinced me to try a RPM class. It was great and Im going back again!!! I was jsut happy to survive the class and not fall off the bike!! :)

I've been going to gyms for years but was never brave enough to do a group class. I have always gone to small gyms but this one is HUGE. The weights room is pretty intimidating but I don't have to go in there. All the PT is done in a separate private area as are the group classes. 

Well done girl!!!! RPM is hard work :-)

• Like 2

I may have gained back 16kgs, but my partner has asked me to help train him at home as an addition to his PT sessions in the gym. I think he does this to get me up and motivated too, but I think he also knows that I know a fair bit about exercise/the gym/technique etc. That's the only NSV I've had in awhile, but I'm right back on the saddle and lost 400g this last week. Here's hoping for a few more kilos before we go to NZ on 20 November.

• Like 4

I joined a new gym three weeks ago, and have been going every second day, but on Sunday I RAN on the treadmill. I ran for a whole minute and thought I was going to die with my heart beating at 158 bpm. Really didn't like it though, don't like that feeling of all the fat flopping around me, the boobs and the bum and surrounds. REALLY didn't like that. 

Don't know if I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

• Like 5

I joined a new gym three weeks ago, and have been going every second day, but on Sunday I RAN on the treadmill. I ran for a whole minute and thought I was going to die with my heart beating at 158 bpm. Really didn't like it though, don't like that feeling of all the fat flopping around me, the boobs and the bum and surrounds. REALLY didn't like that. 

Don't know if I'll be doing that again anytime soon.

At least you now know that you CAN do it.

• Like 2

My son had surgery yesterday and ended up with complications so I stayed with him overnight. I had to sleep across 2 chairs. In the morning he said to me, "It's lucky you lost so much weight otherwise you wouldn't have been able to sleep in that chair." I told him at my old weight I wouldn't have FIT in the chair, let alone be able to curl up and sleep in it.

• Like 5

Not cringing when I see a photo taken of me!

Sat in just my bra and undies at my second consultation at the plastic reconstructive surgeons chatting to his nurse, and felt comfortable!

• Like 6

image.thumb.jpeg.5f35bc72d6506a823e9c934Three years since I've been able to fit into this dress! 

• Like 9

GP visit yesterday and the cholesterol medication is finally gone! It had only been the 5mg dose each day and my great GP had been tough on me about it, but given I was Diabetic, I had to get my Cholesterol to 3.0 and I have. So now all the diabetic and cholesterol medication is gone :D

• Like 8

GP visit yesterday and the cholesterol medication is finally gone! It had only been the 5mg dose each day and my great GP had been tough on me about it, but given I was Diabetic, I had to get my Cholesterol to 3.0 and I have. So now all the diabetic and cholesterol medication is gone :D

Oh AB!  That is FANTASTIC!   Many, many, congratulations! 

Lookin' forward to catching up with you on Thursday!  :) 

• Like 1

Oh AB!  That is FANTASTIC!   Many, many, congratulations! 

Lookin' forward to catching up with you on Thursday!  :) 

Thanks girl, me too!!

Enough weight lost to feel happy to finally get this done after many, many years

image.jpeg

• Like 9

OK so I am super excited about this NSV to the point that I woke up my OH at 10pm to tell him when he has to be up at 3am in the morning. . . . 

Today I went to the gym, but that isn't my big victory. . . .  Today I went to the gym and I actually RAN on the treadmill!!!!!!

:-D so proud of me :-D

• Like 6

I flexed in front of the mirror yesterday and even though I've only been back at it for a month or so - I could see my biceps! There's still fat there - but the biceps are showing through!!

• Like 4

Just did my first aerial yoga class and nailed it :lol::ph34r:

I've been going to aerial 3-4 times a week and absolutely love it! Finally found an exercise that I enjoy thank god. 

@leya22 running :blink: I'd never even dream of it haha! Amazing achievement!! 

• Like 3