AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

So not only have the scales moved down again after a 12 month plateau, I've stopped biting my fingernails which I have done since I was a child. It seems I have a handle on anxiety that leads to over eating and nail biting. I have actually been able to have a manicure and get SNS on them to keep them hard and they are longer than my finger tips! I feel like a girl. 

• Like 10

After yoga everyday this week I did a Pilates reformer class today.

I want to die 

Omg I love reformer classes, they hurt but you will see results and feel so much stronger!

• Like 1

It was good t_elle! Hurt so bad though - do you go often?

Feeling much better today ;) so would be willing to go again next week

• Like 1

Enough weight lost to feel happy to finally get this done after many, many years

That is beautiful.  You are a great Dad.

• Like 1

Today.. I bought a new pair of swimmers from the 'normal' section.

I think I may faint, so freakin happy.

• Like 9

It was good t_elle! Hurt so bad though - do you go often?

Feeling much better today ;) so would be willing to go again next week

I go once a week at the moment I would love to go twice a week but have been nursing tendinitis in my left wrist (possible caused by air yoga) 

• Like 1

I am sooooo proud of myself - I went in Miss Muddy yesterday!! I kept up with the others and had a go at most of the obstacles. I did walk around the big climbing walls - but thats a great goal to set for myself to complete next year. Here is an after photo

Miss_Muddy_2015.thumb.jpg.82e6e9139f716d

I can highly recommend this for anyone!! I NEVER thought I would be able to do anything like it. 

• Like 11

So today my man and I had a very special day out as a sort of anniversary celebration, we went on a boat trip out from Sorrento on Port Phillip Bay, went swimming with the fur seals and some dolphins, and watch the dolphins 'bow riding' at the front of the boat, then it was onto the Peninsula Hot Springs for a bit of pampering and relaxing bathing. . .  So most of today was spent with me either in swimmers or a wetsuit, neither of which leave anything to the imagination!!

The thing was that I didn't feel yuk, I didn't feel huge, and I didn't feel like everyone was looking at me, looking at 'the fat girl', I didn't care what people thought because I felt proud of the fact that I had lost 20kgs, I felt good in my skin tight wetsuit, and I felt comfortable walking around in my bathers. . . .  We had a fantastic day!!!

Edited by leya22
  • Like 10

I met a girl on this banding site over 12 months ago. Her and I became great buddies. She lives in Queensland and her username is slimtamsoon on here. Some of you may remember her as both her and her mum were getting lapbands done together. We kept in contact via phone and email and then last week Tam flew to Perth and we spent a week together. Our target weights for an activity were met, so we both went to Rockingham and swum with the wild dolphins. Hours of fun jumping off a glorious boat, snorkelling and enjoying nature. I wore a wetsuit and felt fabulous. I still have 20kgs to lose but this for me and her was a big one. Tam went home a couple of days ago and she is missed already. 

22755893062_084c0a2e30_b.jpg

22581485640_e1eaf0e388_b.jpg

476.JPG

• Like 13

I got locked out of the house yesterday and managed to climb in a second story window using a precariously stacked tower of chairs, plastic tubs and tool boxes :lol: The window was only 40cm wide but we got in!

• Like 9

45 minutes on the exercise bike today. Yes it was broken up into 3 intervals BUT I did it! 

I've set a goal of 20kgs by mid February for my daughter's bday. That being said scales can lie so I'm aiming for a size 12 - 14. 

• Like 3

I was wearing singlets to gym over the weekend, instead of baggy tshirts.

• Like 9

just bought new pants and shirts - from the regular sized clothes racks!!!!!!!!!!! *freaking out* It's been over 20 years.

• Like 11

just bought new pants and shirts - from the regular sized clothes racks!!!!!!!!!!! *freaking out* It's been over 20 years.

Super-duper congratulations @DavidR !  That is a magnificent achievement!!!!

(No regrets about having the surgery lol?)

Isn't it wonderful to be "normal"! 

:)

• Like 2

I bought a size 18 top this morning!!! Normally size 24-26. 

• Like 9

I bought a size 18 top this morning!!! Normally size 24-26. 

Congratulations!!!  And well done! :)

Thanks denzel, I knew the girl working there and she was amazed at how much weight I've lost and got all excited when she saw I was buying a size 18. Felt really good. 

• Like 3

I've had 2 NSVs this week. I went to mum's. She has a tiny second loo room, just bigger than the loo. Usually I don't use it because I almost have to climb over the loo to get the door shut. This week I got in no worries. Also, I borrowed my son's car. Usually I have to put the seat back to get my belly behind the steering wheel. Not this time!

• Like 8

Was in Kmart yesterday and spotted this beautiful navy and white stripe dress. I took a size 16 off the rack and tried it on. It fits beautifully.

It's been awhile since I've been able to shop in Kmart like that. I'm a long way from where I was 12 months ago, but I'm going back!

• Like 4

I spent about 6 hours walking around shopping centres yesterday (leaving it late, I know) - over 10,000 steps and about half of that I was pushing my husband around in a wheelchair :)

I managed to get home without feeling the massive exhaustion, sore feet and ankles of previous years. Feeling very proud.

I even went and got a mani pedi for my reward after and didn't feel awkward. I used to feel like I didn't deserve to look nice, but not anymore!

• Like 7

well not sure if you would call this a NSV but today I emptied all biscuits, snacks, chocolates left over from Christmas, (some not even opened) into a couple of coles bags and took them around to my very slim brother in law who eats easily 4000 t0 5000 calories a day and never gains weight, he is a chocoholic  and received them with open arms. Thought Id get the stuff out of my place as soon as possible, its just not worth the temptation

• Like 9