AppleMartini

Non Scale Victories (NSVs)

Attempted a core strength and agility class at the gym last week. 

It turns out I have very little core strength, and next to no agility. I also had no dignity left but I went back again today anyway :huh:

• Like 11

My bath towel finally goes round me without leaving any gap!

• Like 11

My bath towel finally goes round me without leaving any gap!

Well done, whispers! I'm very close to doing that too and am getting excited! :D

I took my dog on a 5km walk yesterday around our local river. It was beautiful and I can't believe I hadn't seen some parts of it before (I would never have made it that far)! In fact, my dog was tired before I was. Ha ha. When I hadn't reached 10,000 steps yet last night I walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes in my nightie until I made it.

• Like 6

Since being banded last year I have taken up running.... today I took part in a colour run event, 5km run with my sister and nieces/nephews... so much fun!!

• Like 6

Since being banded last year I have taken up running.... today I took part in a colour run event, 5km run with my sister and nieces/nephews... so much fun!!

So proud of you!!! 

Well done!!! And how wonderful for you to be with your family xxx  Special times.

:)

• Like 1

Discovering I do have bones!  :lol:

You know the ones hiding under all that fat over the years....

• Like 7

hahaha this is a classic. My kids are upset with me for that! I am no longer "Comfortable" to lean on

• Like 3

hahaha this is a classic. My kids are upset with me for that! I am no longer "Comfortable" to lean on

When my daughter sits on my lap now it's like a battle of the bones ... lol

• Like 4

lol happend to me today, didnt know what it was at first :) hahaha

• Like 2

My NSV is coming back to this site and committing to starting again! Can anyone link to the a tracker site for my signature please?

• Like 4

I've noticed how seats everywhere are hurting my butt!

I've noticed that now too and I still have a good share of junk in the trunk!

• Like 1

Got on the treadmill yesterday for the first time in 2 years. Only 15 minutes but oh so proud of myself. 

Edited by AppleMartini
  • Like 3

So on the weekend my amazing partner took me to a resort for the night. We had an incredible weekend (which I'm now paying the price on the scales for but will fix that quick smart). Because I dropped below 100, I was able to go horse riding, which I haven't done since I was a teenager. Was completely awesome. The resort also had mountain bikes for us at our cabin, so I got out on them and felt like a kid again bolting around. It was so exhilarating doing stuff I haven't done for soooo long.

• Like 8

I got into a normal Myers size 16 button up shirt! Small but yet a huge victory! So nice seeing size 16 trousers and tops on the washing line and less and less size 18 :)

• Like 7

Had to hit the winter wardrobe this week for the beginning of the cold season upon us.

Such a great feeling to grab stuff from last season and just throw it on and not have the stress of it not fitting.

Totally lovin that for the last three years.

• Like 3

My NSV.....I have started at the gym...been two weeks and although the thought of going makes me groan...once I'm there I actually enjoy it!!

Other NSV....my (6yr old) son said to me as I was trying on clothes...mummy that's ok because you're not fat, I think you're normal! considering just a few years ago my kids thought I should go on biggest loser...I'll take his comment as a compliment!

• Like 3

Hi all,

I can now get out of my recliner, without using the arms or touching anything to stand up. Yay. Cheers.

• Like 2

My proudest nsv to date:

When I first started on the lap and journey I was taking 7 tablets per day for high blood pressure, I now take none, zero, zilch!! Has to be the greatest achievement from my lap and surgery so far, a d that was in 7months

• Like 3