bianca22

New bandit in Darwin

Hi all, just wondering if there are any other newbies to forums about to get lapband in darwin? Or if any of the previous ones have anything good/bad experiences with Dr Treacy. I go in for my op on the 6th Sept and am slightly nervous- though can't wait to lose the extra kgs

Hi Bianca -

I was banded by Treacy Aug 17th last year. Fantastic - no problems at all. I have since moved to Adelaide but currently in Darwin for two weeks.

At first I thought Dr Treacy was hmm can't quite find the right words.... straight, tightly wound, a bit stiff....... lol. But he's actually quite funny.

I've had fills done by 4 different doctors and Tracey is by far the best!!!

Hi Bianca,

I was banded in Feb by Dr Tracey, and it has been the best thing I have ever done. :D i know a few other people in darwin that have had it done but they are just not on the forum.

Any questions this is the best place to get all the information you need.

Hi Bianca,

I had a band done by Dr Treacy about four years ago, lost 50kg. Had my band taken out in April last year after just not feeling right, had been tested and all was normal but I decided to have it taken out. I am now sadly back to my pre band weight and have decided that I am going to go down the path of having a band put back in. I hoping to get into see Dr Treacy this week. He is fantastic and really good at what he does. I am happy to catch up if you ever need support or just someone to chat to.

All the best. Sam

I've just moved to Darwin from Alice Springs and I would love to catch up with some bandit people. If anyone is going to organize a catch up please keep me in mind.

Cheers

Tezza.

I am in Darwin untill mid next week. Working nights so can do an arvo/early dinner catch up.

but I am also trying to work out a way to come up again end of sept early oct.

Hey Sam,

So far so good. Its now 13 days post-op and i have been back at work since last thursday, (I do have an admin based job so not to strenous). Dr Treacy was great- I had a slight hiatus hernia which he fixed while i was opened up, and of which i have heard is common in overweight people, and the hospital staff were fantastic. My wounds have been completed closed over since about day 4 post op and the only pain i get now is shoulder tip, althoughi have been told by Dr Treacy that this isnt the gas pain anymore, its referred pain from my diaphram. I have been in twice this year -gallbladder removal- and half of them recognised me! I also had my own private room both times which was amazing, I like my own space when recovering. But the best news is that overall i have lost atleast 11kgs!!! Woohoooo. I would never be able to do that on my own in a month. At first i wasnt hungry at all but the hunger is slowly creeping back. No where near the normal level but I no longer have to force myself to eat or drink something. I have my first appoint with the dietician tomorrow so fingers crossed i have lost fat and not too much muscle, and my first fill in on the 4th October. I am a bit of a secret bandit and have found that no-one seemed to notice any difference. they all think i am just on a diet for my wedding which is coming up. If you ever feel unsure about it or just want to chat i am always able to catch up for a coffee or something. I know how nervous i was before i went in, and only had my hubby to talk to about it- of course he was clueless!

Good luck with everything and any questions just ask :)

Congratulations on 11kg that is awesome, you should be really proud of yourself. I love Dr Treacy,meh has a wicked sense of humor, you just have to tune into it. I also have an appoint with the dietician tomorrow, my first. I found when I had my first band that when that hunger crept back in I thickened some of my soups, made a huge difference, one of my fav was pumpking and broccoli. Sounds like you are doing awesome, I'll keep and eye out for you tomorrow, at Cas? Look after yourself

Thanks I just re read your post and realized I didn't really read much of it. I would love to meet up at some stage. Years ago there was a really big bandit community and each first Saturday of the month we would meet in the food court with a bunch of yellow flowers on the table so new members knew where to come and that was great