New to Banding. Second day. All going well. Home and moving about. Anybody out there just starting on this journey too? I am 34 year old female. Start weight 114. Have 2 kids, and hubby :)

• Like 1

Hi Catherine.cross

Head on over to the in Introductions and join on in - we have all been banded in August or are about to be - I'm sure you'll find lots of useful things to read and lots of new friends.

Welcome and good luck with everything.

Cheers,

Cath:)

Hi Catherine!

I'm 34 also, 3 kids, and being banded this saturday.

Welcome-and glad to hear you're doing so well post-op, because I'm starting to get NERVOUS!!!

• Like 1

Hi there Everyone :) I am pretty excited about seeing the numbers change on my scales ! And i am glad the hump of the approaching day to surgery is over, and now on the other side. No need for the nervousness now. Of course i was very nervous, and i t was a bit painful, i am up and about doing a bit around the house. I am so excited about the change of my attitude towards food. I truly believe i am on the right track with my weight loss success.

• Like 2

Hi there Everyone :) I am pretty excited about seeing the numbers change on my scales ! And i am glad the hump of the approaching day to surgery is over, and now on the other side. No need for the nervousness now. Of course i was very nervous, and i t was a bit painful, i am up and about doing a bit around the house. I am so excited about the change of my attitude towards food. I truly believe i am on the right track with my weight loss success.

welcome Catherine I was banded on the 20 th of August and feeling fab 8 days post op good luck with the journey

Welcome, it gets better every day post op, take care

• Like 1

30AUG12

Hello :) Thankyou all for your encouragement.

Just about to have some soup, and truly feel well, except for what ever it is inside my belly, nothing too bad, just like cramping a bit. Hunger pains, without needing to eat, kind of. enjoying not eating as much, or requiring to eat so much.

I have lost weight, and weight at banding was 114. something, and this morning it was 112.9. I went right up to 117.9 directly after discharging from the hospital, the drip fluid weight. I am loving the feeling of not wanting to eat. I know it is only early days, but very excited still.

Hi Elband1, how are you going? 2 days to go :) Must be getting very excited. The nerves make it interesting. In one week, it will be all over and you should be moving nicely. That is how i have been thinking about it. I feel by Christmas, less than 4 months away, we should be feeling pretty happy and healthy with in ourselves, and reaching goals we have never thought possible. Here is to us for making such a big and healthy decision :)

Chat soon.

• Like 1

Welcome and look forward to sharing your journey. I was banded on 20th Aug. Bring on Xmas! Looking forward to a healthy life :)

• Like 1

Oh Definitely Barbarella, You cracked 100 by the time you were banded...what a great achievement. I cant wait to crack 110 :) as at this moment, the 31AUG12, 112.2. Very happy with that.

Welcome to being banded - go and google myfitnesspal it is a really useful little tool which helps you to keep track of what you have eaten along with your exercise. Just one day at a time XD