Mookie

Made For You range available at Woolworths

OMG... I am in luuuuuurve!

As I am type 2 diabetic, (though it's well under control now), I decided to try the Made For You range of frozen meals available at Woollies.

These meals are for those who need to control their blood sugar. To be honest, even if you don't, they're great low fat/low sugar meals, in just the right portion size for us bandits.

I just had the Cottage Pie and it is YUMMO!

I don't usually like frozen meals, but I thought I'd give them a try.

Well, needless to say, I'm going to go and stock up my freezer tonight!

Even though I'm way beyong the "mushie phase", I love it. It's easy to eat and delish! Just like a meat pie without the pastry :)

If anyone tries it, please let me know what you think.

They have lasagna, both meat and vegetable and also thin crust pizzas. I think there is a Thai Curry & Rice as well. All very low in fat. :)

http://www.madeforyoufoods.com.au/50-off-coupon?gclid=COeV6efQjrICFWlMpgodiVsAGg

• Like 3

Just be careful, low fat usually means high in sugar :(

I have cut sugar out of my diet altogether after reading Sweet Poison Quit Plan. Better to eat full fat with no sugar.

• Like 2

grinningchook, these meals are for people who need to control their blood sugar, i.e. diabetics, insulin resistant, etc... so they are extremely low in sugar and fat.

Last night I had the Supreme Pizza of the range. I must admit I wasn't as excited about that as I was with the Cottage Pie, but the whole pizza has about 5 grams of fat and I don't recall the sugar content, but I do remember it being a minute amount :)

I think they're excellent when we just can't be bothered cooking or when we're time poor, and also for work lunches :)

• Like 1

grinningchook, these meals are for people who need to control their blood sugar, i.e. diabetics, insulin resistant, etc... so they are extremely low in sugar and fat.

Last night I had the Supreme Pizza of the range. I must admit I wasn't as excited about that as I was with the Cottage Pie, but the whole pizza has about 5 grams of fat and I don't recall the sugar content, but I do remember it being a minute amount :)

I think they're excellent when we just can't be bothered cooking or when we're time poor, and also for work lunches :)

I googled them and the sugar is very low and salt is ok too so great emergency food

Ok I am on a sugar free eating program to break my sugar addiction, so 10 and 12gms of sugar is way too high for me but for most people I guess it is low enough.

A lot of low fat food has high sugar content to give it flavour.

These sound just like the food that i love, so definitely  going to try them. :wub:

Just remember to check the carbohydrate content, and that some carbohydrates had high GI levels. 

• Like 1