Happyfrog

November 2012

I'm new to all of this...stumbled on Banding Together by chance of a google search. Was Banded on 09/11/2012. Can someone help me get one of those ticker things started cuz I have no idea. I do have a blog which is on my details page but here is the link incase

https://missyoblog.wordpress.com

• Like 2

Pnj thats what i did. Let myself get ravenously hungry and ate much too quickly.

I'm new to all of this...stumbled on Banding Together by chance of a google search. Was Banded on 09/11/2012. Can someone help me get one of those ticker things started cuz I have no idea. I do have a blog which is on my details page but here is the link incase

https://missyoblog.wordpress.com

go to anyone's post with a ticker on it, click on the ticker and it will take you to the site, its pretty self explanatory from there, you just log yourself in etc

• Like 2

Welcome Missy0.

So fed up of stuck moments, well i should say stuck weekends  :angry: Every other day is fine but the dreaded weekend. 

Good news i lost all the 2 kilos i put on during my comfort eating January. Now to get back into the normal weightloss.  :)

• Like 1

I'm sitting here now after having a stuck moment after only one or two mouthfuls, RICE. I honestly thought I could eat the stuff, never again. I have now thrown up about 6 times, and feel terrible like there is still something in there. Too scared to eat or drink anything at the moment. That was meant to be my tea, I cant believe I want more fill! 

on a happier note, lost another 700gms

Oh you poor thing Julie. I had a stuck moment on a small piece of corned beef about 3 weeks ago. I can't even look at a joint of corned beef in the supermarket now. It turns my stomach just to look at it.

I don't get how you can eat two mouthfuls of something and throw up six mouthfuls. It's pretty gross isn't it? It does pass eventualy but it is scarey.

• Like 1

That is very strange. how we throw up more than we eat. I couoldn't eat at all last night. Everything got stuck and came back up. Even as late as 11pm. Eventually i gave up and went to bed

Hi!

I think its really funny how one person who only has 1ml of fill can be having stuck moments when someone like me who has 5.7ml has not had any issues at all.  we must all be so different on the inside!

• Like 3

well it did settle down. I think we bring up more because the body creates mucus  when we get things stuck it all comes up, least that's my theory,  I ended up having some yoghurt  a bit later and left it at that. at least my calories were down yesterday :) I do worry about causing the band to slip though.  its now three times Ive had this happen.

• Like 1

Gah... First pb last night. Loads of really thick saliva, but it shifted the bit of stuck lamb. Really revolting. I weighed myself at my parents house and I was down another 1kg since last Monday. :-)

• Like 4

I'm so excited I've just reached the half way mark...

yay! im 2kg from my halfway mark. im excited :P

• Like 5

I am just 1 kg off changing my weight loss status to "50% to goal weight" . Don't worry I will shout it from the tree tops when it happens. He He

• Like 2

another .5.ml added today. he said my band was filled under average? so topped me up hmmm hoping it kick starts the plateau I have had for the past 3 weeks.

I had never experienced band tightness, until today. My band isn't tighter in the morning, or when I've flown in a plane (I've done this a least a dozen times since being banded, never as issue) or at TTOM (which to be fair, I don't have due to my implanon ceasing my periods) or due to any stress I've had - until I had a bad argument with my dad.

I'm staying with my dad interstate at the moment and last night we had an awful fight and everything I ate today got stuck. I PBed awfully at lunch, then while at dinner tonight with dad, even after the first bite, I could feel the tightness in my chest, my mouth started getting mucousy, I got hiccups. To make it worse, my dad doesn't know I'm banded, so I ended up hiding food in napkin and complaining of heartburn as the reason for why a barely ate anything.

Sometimes banded life is a bitch.

But tomorrow is another day, and I go home.

I had never experienced band tightness, until today. My band isn't tighter in the morning, or when I've flown in a plane (I've done this a least a dozen times since being banded, never as issue) or at TTOM (which to be fair, I don't have due to my implanon ceasing my periods) or due to any stress I've had - until I had a bad argument with my dad.

I'm staying with my dad interstate at the moment and last night we had an awful fight and everything I ate today got stuck. I PBed awfully at lunch, then while at dinner tonight with dad, even after the first bite, I could feel the tightness in my chest, my mouth started getting mucousy, I got hiccups. To make it worse, my dad doesn't know I'm banded, so I ended up hiding food in napkin and complaining of heartburn as the reason for why a barely ate anything.

Sometimes banded life is a bitch.

But tomorrow is another day, and I go home.

Who would've thought that the insides of your body would seize up so much during times of stress?? Could explain why icecream is such a go to food when one is feeling bad. And sorry to hear about your fight with your dad. 

So my getting back on the bandwagon last week failed miserably. My first week back at work after sinus surgery was just awful. It was hard enough getting through the day without crying, let alone getting to the gym everyday (as I had previously promised). All my work dramas came to a head on Friday, and that was quite distressing but now I know where I stand with my ridiculous bosses and can just detach when they behave badly. Made a promise to myself to not work so much overtime, and to not upwards manage my manager anymore. 

And all of this is good, because now I can get back to focusing on me. Worked a normal day yesterday, came home and walked the dog and then went and did a Body Balance class at the gym. I've pulled a muscle in my thigh, but am feeling great about going! I also stayed mostly within my calorie intake despite minimal restriction. If anyone is on myfitnesspal, my name is katyjudd. 

The scales are still hovering around 111-112kg (13-14kg lost). I think I can get them moving again now. Really happy to have my head back in the right place. 

Anybody else had any major life dramas get in the way of you looking after you? How do you reorient yourself?

what a great start to the week NOT! both kasey and leah sick yesterday, thought leah had the measles so rushed to the hospital to get her checked turned out she got a viral rash with her cold. And they both gave it to me :( so with recovering from surgery, and a cold plus 'that time of the month' :( i got 1ml taking me to 4ml and with everything else the band is definately tight today. hopefully the cold doesnt last to long

your week sounds as crazy as mine kately just in different ways, i'm glad to hear your sinus op went well

my user name on myfitnesspal is trinafrog :)

My hubby has gone back to work today so I always feel a bit lost and lonely on the first day he's away. Started with skipping breakfast and having a piece of chocolate bavarian at 11am. so bad. I'm having half a toasted chicken, cheese and avocado sandwich for lunch and im hoping to get back on the wagon for dinner and have chicken and salad. Tomorrow morning will be getting up early and doing 4km on the bike, im always slack with exercise when my hubby is home, but then we do other things to make up for it :P

Oh, you're terrible Leanne.... Haha.

Well, it's 38 degrees here in Perth at 10am and I don't feel like even looking at food. Going to drink lots today but really don't feel like eating anything.

40 laps of the pool this morning,  managing to eat the right things but for the life of me I want ice cream !!!

well have some ice cream, in all the reading i have done if you deny yourself something that you really really want it triggers the brain that you are conspiring against it and makes you want it more which is when you binge 

Oh, you're terrible Leanne.... Haha.

Well, it's 38 degrees here in Perth at 10am and I don't feel like even looking at food. Going to drink lots today but really don't feel like eating anything.

i know! its terrible. very very bad. its the only time i feel the need to "comfort eat", the first day hubby is away.