Happyfrog

November 2012

hi carolyn,

it's really annoying isn't it. I know i'm in my greenzone as i am not really hungry unless its near mealtime and i can't eat all thats on my plate so everything there is good. But i have been eating when i'm not hungry and been having dessert with the family. And also slacked off alot on the exercise front :(

We leave for our family holiday on thursday and i have made a meal plan for the family which is fairly healthy. Wether its stuck to or not is a different story lol. But i will be cracking down when we get home. We haven't had a holiday as such in about 6 years. So i plan to really enjoy myself and have great family time

• Like 2

Hi,

Not posted for a while though I have been keeping up-to-date reading the posts.

Great to see everybody doing so well.

Hasn't this year gone quickly....can't believe we are almost upon our 1yr band-anniversary.

I personally am 2kg away from 30kg loss (banded 19thNov) and am sooooooooooooooooo happy. It's my birthday on 17th  Sept and I have always wanted a solid gold bangle. I have seen one I like and popped a deposit on it. When I have lost the 2kg hopefully in time for my birthday its going to

be a joint birthday/weightloss celebration bangle. So I will see it daily and its a constant reminder of how far I have come.

The bangle is 6.5cm wide so I am thinking of getting it engraved on the inside with my 30kg loss!!!

So excited......once I have hit 30kg I only have another 6 or 7 to go before goal......that is my challenge to reach before Christmas! YAY!!!!

• Like 2

Hi all, I am just lurking. Not much to report. I gained a couple of kilos, was having issues with the band being too tight, ate too many sliders.  Got very pi#@ed off about it all, saw the doc and he took .2 of a mil out. Things seem better now. Hoping this will be the mythical green zone. returning to doc in 6 weeks, he says band needs fine tuning like a car LOL. I really need to put in the effort to get back to my exercise and prove to myself I can still lose this fat. Off on a holiday to lord Howe Island late november, I keep thinking how great it would be to have a more comfortable plane flight so its an incentive to work harder.   Hope everyone is going well. not long now and I will be a year banded.

hi guys. I too am lurking... not terribly much to report, but have another appointment on Thursday next week to get some more fill. I'm hovering at 4.9 but know I was in the green zone at 5.5ml.

I desperately want to lose another 6kg+ before my bandiversary on the 9th, as I'm going to a wedding on the 16th and meeting my partner's ex. I want to look hot! :-)

hope everyone is well.

Xox

• Like 3

Hello! Im always lurking too. We have just moved into our first home over the weekend. Weeks leading up to the move were very stressful for me and I went from 74.9kg back up to 78kg!!! Lots of stress eating and very little exercise. I have re-started a healthy eating regime, back to drinking plain water and in a week or two when I stop unpacking boxes, I will be mapping out a new walking route in my new area :) I really really really want to get down into the 60's.

• Like 2

When I logged in today I saw the November 2013 group was the most recently posted thread in the introductions, and I had to think for a second because I thought it was our little group! I can't believe it's almost been a year.

I too have been lurking around the place mostly. This far in, the need to comment and read anything and everything band related has lessened. It well and truly is a lifestyle now.

I've been hovering between 79kg and 81kg for the last 3 months. It's frustrating as anything, but I need to start putting in some real effort exercise wise to see any shift from now on I think. As far as my fill goes (6ml in a 10ml band), I don't know whether I need more, less, or if I'm fine where I am. It changes daily! If I'm eating at home and can control all the variables (what I'm eating, how long I have to eat etc) I never have an issue, and in general I find I'm hungrier more often the past few months than before that. but if I'm out and have less control over the variables, I get stuck often. So although I'm not pleased that I'm hungrier, I don't think extra fill is the answer because I'm don't want to increase the stuck issues when eating outside my home. I really need to head back to the surgeon office, just to check in, I haven't been for months. But I really didn't want to go back until I was well and truly into the 70s, rather than fluctuating, but who knows when that will be. I should just bite the bullet.

Julie I'm glad to hear your unfill has helped a bit. It's just a testament to how different we all are and out lives with out bands considering you had such little fill in the first place. 

Leanne, congratulations on moving into your new home, it must be so wonderful for you and your family! You'll have a full time job in sorting the place out for some time I'm sure.

Hope everyone else is going well :)

my numbers are slowly going down, i plateaued for a bit, but have dropped a little bit since then, i need to kick myself in the butt nad get back into exercise, i have really slacked off since getting back from our holiday. i bought one of those kids trailers for my bike so i can go anytime now and take Kasey with me instead of waiting for hubby to be home.

i have the odd stuck moment, but know as soon as i swallow that its going to get stuck and know that its my own fault. i could do with more fill. Clinic told me at my last visit i didnt need to go back for 3 months which makes it my 1 yr so i figured i'd wait the month and go in then. i'll see how i go until then.

i totally agree with everything you have said pnj, i am the same, and its so annoying that to go out and eat you have to be so on gaurd of your band it takes the joy out of being out.

With the 1 year bandiversary coming up, im desperately trying to shift a few more kilos. I would be ecstatic to get down to 70kg by the end of November. My dad came over from Perth for a surprise visit on the weekend so we over indulged in cheese, wine, desserts, coffees and other amazing food. I love spending time with my dad, we are foodie buddies lol. So I do need to lose the few kilos Ive probably put on haha. Ive been plateaued for a long time now and to be honest I just havent been too motivated to work harder to shift more kilos.

I do look in the mirror when im undressing and inspect my new body. Im much happier with the smaller frame but I am keen to have a tummy tuck and a breast lift/implants. I may make a consultation appointment soon to find out reccommendations, prices etc, so I have a goal to aim for after I have another baby. Ive got a checkup appointment tomorrow, and whilst I dont think I need a fill, ill ask about the skin issue.

Settled into the new house and the weather is warmer so im walking in the mornings again. Feels good. I always feel so much better when im exercising and getting out in the sunshine. Plenty of gardening and housework to do now so im spending less and less time with the TV on.

I still havent had any issues with my band. I have no problems eating out, except not being able to finish a "normal" sized meal....they all look HUGE to me now and I wonder how the hell I was ever able to eat all of it? I still sometimes miss being able to drink with meals, but i just know I cant fit both in. Its one or the other, especially at breakfast.

• Like 1

Leanne I feel you on the loss of motivation. I'm so much happier in my own skin now, that losing more weight isn't always at my forethought. I'll indulge in a treat because I want to now, because I feel happier, whereas in the beginning it was all eye on the prize loseweightloseweightloseweight. And I don't think this is a bad thing. I pulled my finger out this week and have had a really healthy week along with some exercise and the scales have rewarded me, so I know I'm able to do it, I've just got to keep focused!

• Like 1

Hi all

Time for me to get back on track. Had a weight gain after having fill removed.

I can't believe it's nearly a year. I was hoping yo reach my goal.

So need to get motivated.

My update ....well the last 2 weeks have been hectic with doctors appointments. I went to see the doctor just my normal GP well a new GP as mine moved to sydney. Anyways i asked her for contraception as i havent used any since we decided to have Kasey and she's 4 next month. I thought with losing weight i would be more fertile so it was time to but my butt into gear and get on it. I explained to her that i was suicidal with the implanon, I was bleeding every 2 weeks on the mirena. she said well it looks like your going on the pill. So she asked me some family history, and i told her about the breast cancer in the family (there's lots of it) and that i have had an ultrasound to investigate a lump, she printed a request to get ultrasound on both breasts done, then i told her about the band and how much weight i have lots so she printed out a blood request to test everything. Then she asked about pap smear, it took me a bit to think and then i said before kasey so out printed another request lol. Well ultrasound was clear, pap smear was clear. Blood tests well... preg test negitive, didnt know she did one lol. BGL fantastic, cholesterol fantastic, iron really low i'm anemic, vitamin D really low, she said if i was in the sun long enough to get my levels up i'd end up with skin cancer. insulin resistance slightly high, i was 12 i need to be 10. she wasnt worried since i was losing weight and figured my number was most likely way higher then that before. a few other tests she did all cam back with great results. So i am on a few different vitamins now, and she has asked me to see a dietician to get my iron up with diet rather then relying on the vitamins. So after all that i asked if i could get the birth control pill, she looked at me funny, i said thats the reason i'm here to begin with, she laughed and said thats right lol. so we went thru the side affects again and she printed the script. have to go back in a few weeks to have my iron tested again. i knew it would be low i had low iron thru all 3 pregnancies. Can't get into the dietician till 11th Nov. So i have found a couple of foods high in iron that i have added to my diet and we'll see how it goes till the 11th.

Also this week i told myself to get back into exercise, so i went for my bike ride on monday, and mowed the lawn yesterday took me just over an hour to do, only stopped for a quick drink and clean the air filter out. Have a bit planned for today so i plan on getting a bike ride in somewhere :)

• Like 2

sounds like you have it all under control Trina :) At my age and having had to have a hysterectomy at 38 Id forgotten about periods and birth control.

well I have managed to lose the two kilos I put on, back to the doc in Perth next Thursday. I think I'm close to green zone at the moment, making better choices and not craving sugar as I had been doing. would love to knock off another kilo or so before I see him. Only the odd PB problem, usually at tea time if Ive forgotten to chew long enough but nothing like it was before he removed .2 of a mil. 

My sister is booked for her sleeve on the day Mum and me fly out to lord Howe Island, Mum is stressing as my sister has some serious medical issues, they have her on steroids for her lungs, she is also on a drugs they use for cancer treatments but does not have cancer, its to knock her system back into place as she has some strange auto immune illness. I'm being positive around her but I'm worried given that a long time online friend just had a sleeve (she had a band before) and things went wrong and she was still sitting in hospital last time I spoke to her after 15 days on drips and they had to cut along the back of her body to get at her lungs as they collapsed. The sleeve itself went fine, it was just the other complications, she had previously had a cold and thought she was over it. This is the same hospital where they are going to do my sister. I'm hoping they postpone her op even a week as I can see my mother not really enjoying the break because of the worry. sounds mean but its how I feel :(

Anyway Ive been back at water aerobics (the tough class) once a week and walking heaps more. starting to feel better about things, just wish the weight could come off faster

Hi everyone. I had another fill appointment on Monday and am now finally up to where I was pre-gallbladder disaster at 5.5ml. I've lost 600g, which isn't much, but it's better than gaining! My self imposed deadline of reaching single digits by my bandiversary is not going to happen, but I have to remind myself from where I have come!

• Like 2

I skipped my last appointment. Im going to do my optifast until I get to 70kg, and then I will go back

• Like 1

I cancelled my last appointment due to a work conflict and haven't rescheduled. That was 30th July. I really should go back. I don't think I need a fill, but I know it's important to keep in contact with your surgery. I've only lost about 5kgs since my last appointment though (in June). At the moment I'm averaging about 1kg/month. Still, I shouldn't be deterred!

• Like 1

any loss is a good thing! I go, despite the expense, because I worry if I'm not accountable to someone I'll lose my way. That said, if I were close to goal, perhaps I wouldn't be at my surgeon's office so often... I've still got a long road ahead, thanks to my gallbladder acting up!

Hello everyone. Hi again Trina. :o)

I had my consult this afternoon with Dr Dolan, and will be banded by him at Hollywood Hospital, WA on the 7th November!! Hurray! I'm so excited to get this show on the road!

im dolan 12th December

good luck, hurricanesky! He is a brilliant surgeon and you're in good hands. Dr Dolan did my gallbladder removal too, and I'll see him when the time is right for reconstructive surgery.:-)

• Like 1

I guess some of us have now hit the one year banded mark. Hard to believe this time last year I was pretty apprehensive and wondering what I was in store for.  Right now I have  another three and a half weeks until I hit the one year banded mark, I am really hoping I can kick another couple of  kilos off. I'm being pretty good with my diet, I seem to be eating less. The band for some reason seems to have tightened all by itself, I battling to eat all my meals, I have found tea time I just put the half I don't eat in the fridge and sometimes I will eat it later if I don't chuck it. I think another 3.5 kilos would have me at the 40% mark, I'm unsure, I cant remember the formula for how to figure it out. Three weeks before I take a holiday to lord Howe and Sydney, cant wait

Hi all,  I've just passed my one year banded milestone, and am pretty happy with things so far.  I didn't quite meet my goal weight for one year, but I'm only about a kilo off where I wanted to be, so overall not too bad.  Still reckon I have another 6kg to go, but the last few are so hard to shift!!!

I have 6.4ml in my band, and even though I have another appointment at the end of this month, I will probably cancel it as I think the fill level is about right.  I know if I eat too fast things get stuck, but if I take my time I can generally eat most things (although for some reason nuts are probably my biggest problem).  Eating out I try to choose salads, as I can eat them faster (and much more volume) and I don't feel like I'm holding up the rest of my dining guests up by eating so slowly.  But I also have moments of weakness and order chips, bread or chicken which get stuck if I rush.  My other problem is that I've always had what I call an addiction to chips (the crispy kind), and I can pretty much still eat as many as I want without any problems :(   I need to get those cravings under control..... 

I had my blood tests re-done about a month ago, and my cholesterol level has gone up considerably in the past 12 months.  It may be due to the fact that I eat a lot more meat (eg. mince as it's easier to eat) and hardly any carbs or fruit, and that may be affecting the test. So now I'm watching my fat intake a bit more closely, and will get tested again in a few months time. 

What's ahead for the next 12 months?  I plan to concentrate on my fitness.  I need to get into a regular exercise routine, even if it's just regular walks.  My exercise so far has been a bit hit and miss, and I've only been doing it when really pushed.  It's probably the only way to shift the last few kilos too.  The band has helped me reduce my weight to a point where I can tackle the exercise issue without being able to use the excuses of feeling exhausted, embarrassed, or just plain lazy. 

Due to my port being flipped, it usually sticks out (albeit a bit painfully at times), so once I get down to my ideal weight I would consider going back for surgery to get the port put back into the correct position.

So that's my story so far.  It would be great to hear how everyone else is going, reaching the one year point.  Some of you may be going good, some not so good, but as we have all been on the same journey for well over a year now, I feel like I know you all and the forum has provided a great, supportive environment to share the ups and downs.

Take care,

Heather

• Like 2

I guess some of us have now hit the one year banded mark. Hard to believe this time last year I was pretty apprehensive and wondering what I was in store for.  Right now I have  another three and a half weeks until I hit the one year banded mark, I am really hoping I can kick another couple of  kilos off. I'm being pretty good with my diet, I seem to be eating less. The band for some reason seems to have tightened all by itself, I battling to eat all my meals, I have found tea time I just put the half I don't eat in the fridge and sometimes I will eat it later if I don't chuck it. I think another 3.5 kilos would have me at the 40% mark, I'm unsure, I cant remember the formula for how to figure it out. Three weeks before I take a holiday to lord Howe and Sydney, cant wait

kg lost divided by total kg to lose times 100 = % lost (of excess weight)

will give all an update once i see my surgeon on Thursday, then one week till bandiversary :D

• Like 2

kg lost divided by total kg to lose times 100 = % lost (of excess weight)

will give all an update once i see my surgeon on Thursday, then one week till bandiversary :D

thanks for that. I was the last day of the month so will update then

• Like 1

Hello my fellow November bandits. Hope you are all doing well. I have been struck down by the dreaded lurgy and have been in bed for two days... Horrible nausea, stomach cramping and general feeling blah. However, today is my bandiversary! I wish I had lost a lot more, but I am thrilled to bits with where I have come from and where I am going. I didn't gain the weight overnight, and I sure as heck am not going to lose it overnight, either! Had I not had my gallbladder hiccup, I would've hoped to be double digits right now, but alas, I am still hovering in the 100's. Still- I have no recollection of ever being in the early 100's, so I am thrilled. 

Honestly, I can't believe it's been a year already! 

xox

• Like 2

hi all,

had my appt with my surgeon on thursday, i have made it past his goal and i am one of his success stories as he put it lol. his goal was 103.3kg which was 65% loss or near there. there start weight for me was different to my start weight as i went from my heaviest and they have gone from my first appt with them which is a 2-3kg difference. So there calculations i am 66% loss and mine i am 69% loss. either way i am stocked to have lost over 38kg in a year, my bandaversary is on thursday next week so i am hoping to get closer to 100kg mark by then but if i dont i wont be worried.

in 1 year my bmi has gone from 44 to 32 which is fantastic, i have gone from a tight size 26 to a fitting perfectly in some and loose in others size 18. So much more energy and just all around happy now, my depression is gone and i dont need any meds for it :)

hope everyone else is happy with the results for there bandaversaries.

• Like 3