Happyfrog

November 2012

Hi all,

Did anyone reach the goal they set themselves for the new year?

i didn't but i got close, my goal was to be under 100kg, i am 400gm off that.

still i am happy

• Like 1

Hi all,

Did anyone reach the goal they set themselves for the new year?

i didn't but i got close, my goal was to be under 100kg, i am 400gm off that.

still i am happy

not quite. Was hoping to get to 70kg but only made it to 75kg. But im still happy with that. Hoping to get to goal this year :)

• Like 2

no, me either... I'm not beating myself up about it though as I can see where I have come from. I'm now a bride-to-be so have a long term goal to work towards. I'm aiming to be down another 15kg by June so I can go try on some wedding dresses in preparation for our May 2015 wedding.

• Like 3

Well it's been a while since I've posted here, and I'm not sure who's still around, however Ava Grace arrived on 11/12/13 and I'm settling into life as a mum of 2. I will admit that I've struggled particularly with my weight after pregnancy. This was the vicious trap I fell into after I had my first.

BUT I'm determined to get back on track and start taking responsibility for what I put in my mouth.

Hope you're all doing well :)

• Like 4

It's been a while trying to get back on track started optifast again yuck.. But I needed to.

Oh congratulations, Ness! Gorgeous name! I was wondering how you'd been.

I have a full month to get my crap sorted before I gave the music with an appt at Dr Dolan's rooms... This level of fill is good, and my portions are small, but the sliders are getting me! It's the business's fault... I created a new line of gourmet brittles and I can't stop nibbling!

I have 11 months until our wedding, and I want to look beautiful and close to my goal. I have about 25kg to go...

I'm with you, Carolyn, starting Optifast again once a day. Have you seen they now do a caramel flavour?! I'm intrigued, but also cautious.

How is everyone else going?

• Like 1

Luce I'm feeling much better now I'm back on track 1kg to my personal goal. I'm just doing opti during the week splurge with a nice dinner out on Fridays. I decided to get moving and got myself some exersise wear today... Just walking for now.

I'm sure you will look wonderful on your wedding day.. We should organise a get together coffee and chat for the the perth November 2012 Bandits..

That's great Leanne well enjoy your day and make sure you have some photos to share with us..

Hi All I have finally reached my personal goal weight lets hope I can maintain it. Hard to believe I finally made it was off track for a while.

• Like 4

Congratulations, Carolyn!! That's absolutely fantastic news!

• Like 1

Haha no sorry, no honeymoon. It was an amazing day. Just waiting to get our professional photos back and then i'll share some :)

• Like 2

Congrats Leanne :)

And congrats Ness :)

I have been happy with my success so far sitting around 80-81% loss can't seem to kick my butt into gear and lose the rest.

Band has been fine, have to odd pb but I know as soon as I swallow before the feeling that it either was chewed enough or the bite full was to big.

Need to go for a check up with the clinic it has been a while since going in.

GP did all my bloods and all my results were in the normal range, no insulin resistance, no anaemia anymore so super happy with that.

Now just trying to stay sane thru the holidays lol.

• Like 2

so its been pretty quiet on here for a bit, coming up 18 months, still sitting at the same weight as I have been for months now, neither up nor down really. Guess I should be grateful for that. still optimistic that it will shift again and have to keep reminding myself where I have come from and the fact that I have managed to maintain the weight Ive lost, I do that when I have depressing moments. Hope everyone is doing well.  Oh and no issues or real problems with my band

• Like 1

I find I'm reading to catch up with everyone's news but rarely post. Life is so busy now...! I finally am back in the Green Zone after close to a year of getting back to where I was pre- gall bladder disaster. Weight is now coming off steadily again, thank heavens! Leanne, we want to see photos! 

• Like 1

Haha sorry!! I will try to post a couple later tonight :)

• Like 1

so how is everyone going? coming up to two years, any regrets or things worked out well?

I'm still battling on, sitting at the same weight as what I have been for months, still confident I can budge it eventually though.

Just gone back to the swimming laps (I quit for some time as I got some serious skin allergies)  after I gained a couple of kilos back. I guess having the band has kept me where i  am weight wise because without it I'm sure Id gave regained all the weight.  Hope you are all going well. I'm hoping that by the day two years comes up I will lose a few more kilos, really cutting back the calories and increasing the exercise at the moment

• Like 1

Hi All,

Coming up to my 2 year anniversary next weekend, and I'm still about 8kg from where I'd like to be.  I got down to within 5kg (which the Doctor said I should be happy with), but then winter, holidays and bad food habits saw 3kg creep back on.  Still determined to lose another 5kg by the end of the year, but I will have to ramp up the exercise a bit more.  Only walking every 2nd or 3rd day, so it's obviously not enough.

I perservered with my flipped port until last February, but then decided to have it replaced as it was really uncomfortable and stuck out quite noticeably.  The surgery caused a lot of bruising, and the scar is much bigger and more visible than any of the scars from the original band surgery.  But as it feels better, and I'm not likely to ever get into a bikini, it probably doesn't matter what it looks like. 

I still get food stuck (usually in social situations where I'm eating and trying to hold a conversation) and I find that there is a lot of variability in what I can eat from one day to the next - even with the same foods.  Fish and nuts are never easy to eat (although prawns are OK), and I can't remember the last time I ate an apple!  But even so, I don't regret having the band, as it keeps me in check.  It just needs a bit more discipline and exercise.  And less wine......

• Like 1

I've got 20 days until my two year anniversary. I'm currently 40kg down and have 10kg to go until my new goal weight. Not sure I'll crack it in 20 days.

The band was great for me for the first 10kg loss, but after that I've had nothing but problems. It's still there but does absolutely nothing for me. These days I've just got my head around a good balanced diet and exercise. Id still recommend it to people but just prepare them that it's not an easy fix.

Hope everyone else is having success.

post-7097-0-45513500-1414762271_thumb.jp

• Like 2