Happyfrog

November 2012

WELCOME my time now. Wow three months to ??3 weeks??? That is a big change. Good luck! I see my doctor on Thursday and really hope to get in as early as possible in November for the op. I tried optifast for brekky this morning guys and it tastes fine. Only problem was I was ravenous by 10am!!! Gee I am going to have to do better than this!

• Like 1

sazzles, after 3-4 days on optifast you will start to not feel as hungry. I go from 12pm - 7pm before i have dinner.

I have mu surgeons appoint Tomorrow, havent seen him in nearly a year. I am prob around the same weight when i last saw him though i was still putting on weight before now. Hope he believes me that i have lost weight lol.

• Like 1

Welcome my turn now-we are date buddies :) I'm also on the 12th :)

I also went and bought x2 boxes of the bars & x2. Boxes of shakes n preparation....

Ohh and a fellow bandit and friend leant me her copy of lap band and laughter, m a few pages in and I'd highly recommend reading it. I can totally relate to why she's saying.

• Like 2

Hey everyone, sorry to bombard your november post (good luck to you all btw). Just saw Ness post so a quick good opportunity to ask.. would you like some optifast shakes? Kurt has quite a few left over and you don't live too far.. saves them going into the bin?

• Like 2

Booked in with mr Ahmad Aly at warringal private Melbourne on we'd 7th.

Have a couple of days to finally decide if going with a band or sleeve!!!

• Like 1

I just had all my optifast deliverd today, all seems real again. Start my opti on Thursday, 3 weeks prior to surgery.

Trying to wind myself down at work, found out that my team leaders conference is on the 15th of November (my surgery day) and its in DUBAI, can't believe I'm missing it but lucky I have been before, and there will be plenty more opportunitys and with more room in my aero plane seat!

• Like 1

Welcome wizard! We're band buddies! I'm getting banded on the 7th at Hollywood hospital by Dr Dolan in WA. What about you?

Thanks for the soup tip Mel. I did wonder if hot water was cooking it... Will give cold a go tomorrow.

Oven is installed and I have just cooked properly for the first time in 13 weeks. My man looks very pleased and sleepy. Also churned out a few liters of five veg soup, and a few packets of diet jelly in readiness for tomorrow.

• Like 1

I am still three weeks away from Opti and am very intrigued to read how the rest of you are going! And all the soup cooking! I am terribly disorganised... possibly in a little bit of denial. I assume it will all start to feel a bit more real once I enter the dreaded Opti phase.

• Like 1

Day one on the full opti diet... I had a strawberry shake with ice and about 350 ml of icy water. It was yummy!

Remind me I've said that in a week when I'm moaning though!

Planning on having a shake fur lunch today as the soups are making me so hot and exacerbating my rosacea.

I chopped up a bunch of celery and brought a carrot and snow peas with me for munching should I get hungry between meals. So far though, I'm stuffed!

• Like 2

Day one on the full opti diet... I had a strawberry shake with ice and about 350 ml of icy water. It was yummy!

Remind me I've said that in a week when I'm moaning though!

Planning on having a shake fur lunch today as the soups are making me so hot and exacerbating my rosacea.

I chopped up a bunch of celery and brought a carrot and snow peas with me for munching should I get hungry between meals. So far though, I'm stuffed!

just for something different have you tried the purple carrots? They are the same colour as beetroot so they have a lot more antioxidents and good stuff than normal carrots...but if you shut your eyes they taste exactly the same as orange ones :) I'm converted lol, I love purple carrots. But then my favourite colour is purple..

Hi kately

I am on day eight of optifast and I feel good. not hungry at all, I was dizzy for a while but that has passed and of course the headaches for the first three days.

I am on it for four weeks so I will just soldier on

• Like 2

welcome wizard you are on the list :D

i found the purple carrots a bit sweeter then the orange ones, but they are really yummy. i just couldn't justify the cost difference otherwise i'd buy them more often, my brother and i had a purple themed meal, with purple carrots, purple cabbage and purple potatoes it was really interesting lol

• Like 1

So far so good. I was hungry around 10.30 am, had some water, got busy and forgot about it until just before noon when my stomach growled. Had some more water and snow peas and resorted to the half bar the dietician recommended. Feel much better now.

I've tried purple carrots before, but boy are they pricey! Being in WA, anything that had to be brought over from the eastern states, like purple carrots costs the earth. We ate them when we were in tassie earlier this year, and I bought them for a fancy dinner for our anniversary. And they stain your hands like beetroot... Detractor!

lol they are pretty bad at staining, but i love them. i have to admit when I am grocery shopping I don't always look at the price of my fruit and veg. I have (mostly) stopped buying packaged foods (except things like slim pasta, coffee, tea, tinned fruit etc) so when I get my vegies I just go for gold! Probably why I bought two punnets of fresh raspberries at $10 each! Won't be doing that again....

Afternoon Ladies!

So, I am very happy and relieved to day that the surgeon did not have any objections to going ahead with my op, so its full steam ahead! I can't believe it! I have had so many false starts and dramas since I started looking at the band that now it just feels surreal :rolleyes:

I was so nervous when I went in, and at one point he asked me if I'd been out in the sun because my face was so red! :P I just told him I was nervous and he said that's funny, we have met before, and I told him I get 'white coat' anxiety lol.

Anyway, he told me I can expect to not be needing my CPAP machine after I loose about 50% of my weight, and my other medication will probably be reduced or stopped as well which will save me about $60 per month! My band will eventually pay for itself which is good, because it helps me deal with the 'guilt' of spending all this money on me.

I can't wipe the smile off my face! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

• Like 4

Hurray!! That's brilliant news!

I'm bad like that too, fresh start... Having worked for my family's catering business for years, I cook with fresh ingredients. Probably why being without a kitchen for so long has been so hard. My grocery bill is mainly fresh produce. No raspberries though!

Had a banana shake and salad for lunch. My stomach is making some crazy noises though...

• Like 1

had my chest xray today, the guy was confused in why they wanted the 2 different views since it was only for an operation so he took the first one and said it looks good so didnt worry about the second one.

went thru the optifast i have and worked out that i have enough to have one for breakfast every morning now until i start my 2 weeks next wednesday.

my sister has bought me a ticket to go and see shannon noll on friday night, my niece wants to go and my sister and her hubby dont like him so they have conned me into taking her lol, i dont mind him but dont really feel like going out, her hubby called out whilst i was talking to my sister in the phone saying its a free ticket and the seat is right near the bar lol. he's such a dag.

Great news Mel! What relief after everything you've been through

Trina husbands are dags in general I reckon LOL There is no WAY you'd get my husband near a Shannon Knoll concernt (if he even knew who he was). In fact I doubt unless it was someone like Metallica he'd go no where near them. I wanted to see U2 in Dec 10 but he wasn't keen - I was devastated (my all time fav band) but as it turned out I ended up having my DS on the 1st Dec 10 so wouldn't have been able to go. Moral of the story - husbands are dags... LOL

• Like 1

Ooohh.... And I have decided after weighing myself this afternoon and realising i've put on 8kgs in 2-3 months that i will NOT be weighing myself now until I start Opti, then on banding day etc. :unsure:

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I'm brand spanking new and recieved news today that my surgery is on the 22nd of November.

Wasn't expecting it so quick, but i'm both excited and scared!!

Lots of great information and support on here, very much appreciated.

Goodluck for everyones surgerys!

Nadia :)

• Like 1

Hi and Welcome to the November Bandit group Nadia, gotta love a quick wait time on surgery :)

It will be here before you know it!