Happyfrog

November 2012

Leanne, I know from my own experiences with the pshyc that they gave a way of making you think things over and usually in a much more in depth way than you ever have. You analyse things and often an answer, a thought or a decision becomes clear. If you do feel this strongly that you have made the wrong decision then change it. I'm sure you are not the first and will not be the last and it probably does not worry the surgeon either way which one you choose.

All I can offer you is this: take tonight to sleep on it and tomorrow go with your gut.

Much love,

Mel x

• Like 1

LOL...

Thanks Mel.... Not much I can do tonight anyway so sleeping on it is the answer.

I realised that the sleeve isn't going to "fix" my problems you know?

• Like 1

Thanks Leanne, I know I'm just getting to the scary freak out stage.... Surgery is on the 12th. I just feel that both are wrong but I have to do something about my weight. I can't live like this.

Well 7am it all happens so I see use all in couple days

• Like 4

Lol Ness, have you got a magic 8 ball? They are the very best in decision-making technology :P if you feel scared about both, i would either flip a coin and stick to the outcome, orspeak to your surgeon and he might put your mind at ease :) mine does.

• Like 1

Good luck tomorrow Clifford! You'll be in my thoughts. Let us all know how you go.

I got butterflies turning the page on my calendar when I left work today... November is here!!! :D

Ness- I agree. Sleep on it. If you don't sleep well, which is highly likely, I think you need to write a list of pros and cons. One page for banding. One page for sleeve. I did this with banding and non-banding, and my pro's outweighed the con's at least doubly. I do understand where you are coming from... This is a big decision, regardless of the surgery type you go for. I have to think back to my list of pro's when all I'm thinking about are the con's. (and yes, a con is possibly not being able to indulge in fresh bread and lashings of butter), but know I'm making the right decision, despite my butterflies and anxiety. When I think of the health risks that are around the corner, the potential infertility, the diabetes, blood pressure, etc, I am so convinced I am making the right decision. I'm not going to tell you either way which one is best. If I had the answers, I promise I would. We're all just muddling along together. I think your surgeon will also understand the uncertainty. Call them and chat, if you're not sure.

You will more than likely have a little freak-out on the day of surgery. I am expecting it, but have told my mum not to listen to me. My partner, bless him, would totally pack me up and take me home and never say another word about it. :blink:

Lecture over... Hope you sleep well.

• Like 1

Optifast, Egzy... Not bad, not bad at all! Surprisingly, I'm not starving between meals. I am a bit over the flavour options, and the soup did bring a nasty lump to my throat today, but that was my own fault for not heating it up enough. :blink:

I have had one naughty moment, but it really wasn't naughty. I've got a lovely bout of thrush, <_< (sorry if it's TMI!!) and my GP recommended ingesting plenty of yoghurt. So I've been having a small tub of plain natural low-fat yoghurt in the evenings, and reducing the size of my evening protein. I really would rather not have it (thrush or yoghurt!!) but I wasn't getting better with the over-the-counter treatment, and certainly don't want this hanging around!

How about everyone else?

• Like 2

First day of opti yesty and i thought i did rather well, didn't get overly hungry, but i am allowed to have a piece of fruit at morning and afternoon tea time. Kasey said all day yesty 'mum, i hungry' and i didn't even think about straying which for me is a big thing. B)

I had my opti breakfast yesty when i was organizing the kids breakfast at 7.30 am but today i will leave it until as late as possible till i am hungry which usually isn't till after 9 am. i also found out that i cannot eat fresh tomato in a salad it makes me gag, i have usually grilled it so i might stick to grilling it. the mixed vegetable soup in the 'knife, fork & band' book is very boring. edible but boring.

a dash of vanilla in the vanilla shakes makes them SO much better, and a tiny bit of diet choc topping in the choc makes them better too. thought i give them a go since it says on my list i can use them :)

Ness if you have changed your mind you should be able to swap after all it is your surgery and your money and body. I was told by my surgeon i could change my mind up until the day before the op. so good luck :)

Lucy thrush isn't fun at all, are you able to take the acidophilis(sp?) tablets? i use them when i get it, they are in the fridge section of the chemist.

My mum is getting super excited i was talking to her this morning and she was on and on about a goal outfit on putting a pic up of me now and looking at it everyday to remind me of where i was and saying goodbye to the old me. then asked if i had a pic of when i was thin, which is just after my first child. and she told me to stick it with the before pic and see the goal.

Good Luck to Clifford, my thoughts are with you :P

Well off to make school lunches, have a great day all!!!

• Like 1

Trina, great work on the first day of opti. Wish i tried the vanilla extract to the shakes. Could have saved a heap of money then lol. How many children do you have?

Optifast, Egzy... Not bad, not bad at all! Surprisingly, I'm not starving between meals. I am a bit over the flavour options, and the soup did bring a nasty lump to my throat today, but that was my own fault for not heating it up enough. :blink:

I have had one naughty moment, but it really wasn't naughty. I've got a lovely bout of thrush, <_< (sorry if it's TMI!!) and my GP recommended ingesting plenty of yoghurt. So I've been having a small tub of plain natural low-fat yoghurt in the evenings, and reducing the size of my evening protein. I really would rather not have it (thrush or yoghurt!!) but I wasn't getting better with the over-the-counter treatment, and certainly don't want this hanging around!

How about everyone else?

oh yuck, i feel your pain. I had a couple of rounds of thrush when I was pregnant and it's SOOO not fun at all. Luckily the 6day cream treatment worked for me :)

I'm havin my first Opti shake right now! It's not so bad. I put 1/3 cup mixed frozen berries into the blender with it :) Not bad at all. In fact it is filling me up rather quickly. I'm trying to take my time to drink it. :)

• Like 1

It's November!! Out month is here!

Thanks for all the kind words, no I didn't sleep very well and yes I'm still undecided-I love the pros and cons idea :) I'm very much that type of person!

Can I ask you all, do you think when you reach your goal weight you'd ever consider removing your band?

• Like 1

I think by the time we reach our goal weight. Our mind will be used to the size of our meals as being the norm. Well i certainly hope so lol. I've overcome eating due to stress in these last 3 weeks so the mind is a powerful thing.

Ness I think if it is working well for me by that stage I'd rather have a little fill removed than have it taken out. That way no second op and its there if you need it :)

• Like 2

Ness, I like the fact that the band can be removed. At this stage, I have no intention of doing so - but if I wanted/needed to remove it, I can. That gives me peace of mind. The irreversible nature of other WLS makes it unappealing to me.

Good Luck Clifford!!!

Today is the start of your new life and the start of an amazing month for all of us :)

Well i have survived week 1 of opti and ive done well 5 kilos down, im a big eater so thought i was going to be crazy hungry and struggle but surprisingly

ive only had one moment where i really would have eaten anything i could get my hands on that wasnt good for me ( best thing i ever did was completely

clean out my pantry and freezer, nothing but salad and soups in the fridge hehe) Flavor wise ive stuck to the strawberry and coffee blended well with ice

and i really dont mind them at all

Ness, people can suggest what they think is the right thing for you to do, but only you can feel what is right, go with your heart an your gut and im sure you'll

make the right decision :D

• Like 1

Trina, great work on the first day of opti. Wish i tried the vanilla extract to the shakes. Could have saved a heap of money then lol. How many children do you have?

I have 3 kids Leah who is 9, Joel who is 7 and Kasey who is 2 well she'll be 3 on the 22nd. We are trying to toilet train her as well so that is keeping me busy lol.

i dont think i would have the band removed once i hit my goal, if i did and i fell off the band wagon as they say then i would have to go thru it all over again to have it put back in, i would have some fill removed and see how that went.

Well, less than 24 hours to go..... I finished work a day earlier so I could spend the day with my daughter (it's her birthday), and my grand-daughter. Figure running around after a 2 yo will help keep my mind off tomorrow!!

I don't think I'm very organised as far as preparing soups etc go, but hopefully I will still be able to do a few things once I'm at home. I haven't had to do Optifast, so I haven't lost any weight over the past couple of weeks (but on the bright side, I've haven't put any on either, which is good).

Good luck to all the other bandits for the next week. Will be thinking of you all.

weight.png

• Like 1