Happyfrog

November 2012

How exciting, Trina! No going back now!

My ezibuy catalogue arrived yesterday so I had a look through that for some versatile clothing options. Wasn't all that impressed by asos... The models are hardly plus sized! And the dresses were so short! Perhaps I'm overly conservative, but I wouldn't want all that leg showing. My legs are the bain of my life.

Anyway, the count is happening- six weeks one day! :-)

• Like 1

9 weeks and 2 days.. Seems ages away.. I just realised I won't be able to attend Xmas social with hubbies work. It's 2 weeks post surgery..

• Like 1

9 weeks will fly past. You might feel up to attending the Christmas do, but trying to explain away just sipping water or juice and not eating much might be a tad difficult...

Thank goodness my work doesn't really go in for the social Christmas do!

I told my closest girlfriends over the weekend. My partner talked me into it, saying that they would notice if I stopped indulging in a glass of champagne and cheese and crackers. They were all incredibly supportive and ultimately told me that they love me for me, and as long as I am sure this is a step I want to take, then I have their full support. One, a nurse, told me to ensure I get a good multi-vitamin, as she sees a few bandits with nutrient deficiencies. Sorted on the multi-vit front!

I bought some Vitamin C today, having been suffering with a nasty cold and laryngitis combo for a couple of days and it says on the packet that it is really good for assisting the healing of wounds! Thought that might interest everyone coming up to surgery. I know Rosehip oil is really good on wounds too. Obviously not fresh ones, but ones that are starting to heal, a week or so post op. Keeps the face nice and dewy too. I use it around my eyes as my anti-ageing treatment.

Anyway, enough waffle from me for today.

• Like 2

Yes Luce It Probably will fly buy.Great that you told your friends. I've told just about everyone I haven't really had any negatives. I don't plan to keep it secret if anyone asks I don't see the point.

• Like 1

yay! 48 days to go lol :D

also paid my final $900 today so i have paid my $3900 for my surgery :lol:

i have my optifast :P and my hospital bag is pretty much packed, i feel to organized :wacko: argh :blink:

in the mood for smileys tonight B)

• Like 2

i have 3 kids i with adhd, one with hyperactivity and a almost 3 yr old i need to be organized. lol. otherwise my world would go even more nuts than it is

Im going to join you as a November Bandit! :) I'm being banded by Dr. Paul Anderson at Ashford hospital in Adelaide, on 15th November. I can't wait ! I'm so excited! I weighed in last week at 108kg, with a BMI of 44.5 (i think). My surgeon's goal is to be under 70kg, so 69kg. My personal goal is 55kg. I may never get there but I'm going to start with 70kg, then if I still want more off, I'll work my butt off to get to 60kg :)

• Like 2

Yay! Welcome fresh start! Our group is growing!

I agree... Trina you are so organised!! I've written lists of thing I need to do, buy etc but haven't actually started getting it all together yet. I pay my mula on Wednesday next week... It's going to be sad to see my savings so depleted, but it's going to an excellent cause, so I can accept it. :-)

I think it'll start feeling real when I stay on the optifast shakes. A friend of mine is booked to see my surgeon to have her band converted to a sleeve,.and she said the opti stage makes it all so real.

Five weeks, six days to go!

• Like 1

Well add me to nov 1st after changing my date of banding From October 4th

As its a long weekend might enjoy my last weekend of takeaway as I'll be start my pre op diet soon :-/

Has anyone tried the kicstart milkshakes

• Like 2

I read a post a somewhere on here about kickstart... Not familiar with them otherwise. And welcome!

• Like 1

I have my surgery booked for 19th November which looking at the other posts seems really quick!

I only had my first appointment meeting on 27th October!!!!

I too have decided NOT to tell anybody so possibly telling work I am in hospital with "womens problems" unless I can come up with something

more plausible....they aren't likely to query this excuse!!!!

• Like 1

Welcome hamster. I'm going to tell work it's a hernia repair, but woman issues would have worked!

• Like 1

I'm sitting in Qantas club in Adelaide after flying from Darwin on my way to Canberra and can I just say I have one more trip to fit in before my Lapband! I cannot wait to be able to fly more comfortably. I have bruises in my joddies (hips) and while the seat belt fit around my middle I feel I have been severed in half. November ad the healthier me cannot come quick enough!!

• Like 1

Know the feeling Sambo! I always get anxious about flying because of the armrests digging into my hips. Haven't ever had to get a belt extender as my weight is all hips, thighs and bum, but it's never comfortable.

I've just booked a big trip to Europe for march. Looking forward to travelling in more comfort, plus gives me a great date for a goal or two!

• Like 1

I have my surgery booked for 19th November which looking at the other posts seems really quick!

I only had my first appointment meeting on 27th October!!!!

I too have decided NOT to tell anybody so possibly telling work I am in hospital with "womens problems" unless I can come up with something

more plausible....they aren't likely to query this excuse!!!!

I would just tell work "it's kind of personal, i'd rather not discuss it". Most people won't press you for info after that. :)

• Like 1

Hello,

I found out last week that I am tentatively booked in for November, not sure exact date yet. See the physician on 18th October so fingers crossed is all good with that. ;)

• Like 2

I would just tell work "it's kind of personal, i'd rather not discuss it". Most people won't press you for info after that. :)

• Like 1

welcome dream, i have added you to the list :)

i have been having a lovely weekend spent yesterday with my sister and her family and today i am spending it with hubby's sister and her family, hope everyone else is having a nice weekend