Happyfrog

November 2012

I take about five different pills a day for blood pressure and thyroid all at the same time, is this going to be an issue swallowing them once Im banded?

I haven't had any issues. I've been taking a round tablet called Mersyndol for pain at night time- it's a panadol, codeine and sedative in one. Great for night times, as it helps calm me (worry wart!) and sends me to sleep... A little thicker than the standard round panadol, I'd say. I can feel them going down, and sit up for ten minutes or so to ensure they really go down, but no problems so far. :)

Hey guys!

Hope you are all going well!

I've been so hungry yesterday and today so this morning I had 2 scrambled eggs plain and it went down without a hitch! Then i was hungry just before and had another 2 scrambled eggs (which made me satisfied like this morning)... I'm only 9days out from surgery but I feel fantastic and not sore at all anymore.. I'm worried as to why I'm able to eat, is this normal?? I feel a bit conscious as I'm not having any issues since op.. I kept waiting to get shoulder pain or to vomit when I eat but nothing.. Arghh sorry guys I'm just so confused!!

Any advice??

Thanks for listening :)

Do you have fill in your band? I think when the fill is in you eat less.

Hey guys!

I've been so hungry yesterday and today so this morning I had 2 scrambled eggs plain and it went down without a hitch! Then i was hungry just before and had another 2 scrambled eggs (which made me satisfied like this morning)... I'm only 9days out from surgery but I feel fantastic and not sore at all anymore.. I'm worried as to why I'm able to eat, is this normal?? I feel a bit conscious as I'm not having any issues since op.. I kept waiting to get shoulder pain or to vomit when I eat but nothing.. Arghh sorry guys I'm just so confused!!

Any advice??

I'd say you've healed, quickly! Keep the food as soft as possible, and maybe call your surgeon and see if you can get an earlier fill appt?

I had my first pang of hunger today, one week after the op! Went away after a few sips of my first coffee post-op, and then I had some soup and was fine until 4pm. I'm beginning to think Dr Dolan put full in at the op!

Hi Luce and Carolyn!

I did call Dr Watsons office this morning to ask that and the receptionist (who is great) said he sometimes puts fill in but sometimes he doesn't so I'm unsure if I have any in the band!

I've only had scrambled eggs so far as thats what I've read.. My next appt is on the 26th of November so it's not too far away but I've lost 14kgs now and really don't want to gain any weight but deep down I know it's a possibility when you start soft/mushie food..

• Like 1

Gee u bandits have been talking a lot so many pages to catch up

Yeah I'm ok

Started back at work this week and I'm feeling it so tied when I come home

Start mashies Saturday so looking forward to scramble eggs in the morning been craving them since I got banded

How is your band going melandy

Good luck tomorrow sambogirl81 ,freshstart and webby

Thank you everyone, I have been quiet over the past couple of weeks but have been popping in for a read. My work has been crazy and been trying to tie everything up before I have some time off. I finished at 8pm tonight and when I walked out and shut the door I almost felt relieved! I have to check into the hospital tomorrow at 12, I look forward to a good sleep. I'm looking at this as a break for me and the a new start. Glad to hear everyone is doing well after surgery. I shall be in touch xx

• Like 1

Thank you everyone, I have been quiet over the past couple of weeks but have been popping in for a read. My work has been crazy and been trying to tie everything up before I have some time off. I finished at 8pm tonight and when I walked out and shut the door I almost felt relieved! I have to check into the hospital tomorrow at 12, I look forward to a good sleep. I'm looking at this as a break for me and the a new start. Glad to hear everyone is doing well after surgery. I shall be in touch xx

Yeah I'm ok

Started back at work this week and I'm feeling it so tied when I come home

Start mashies Saturday so looking forward to scramble eggs in the morning been craving them since I got banded

How is your band going melandy

My band is going great guns so far, no real issues at the moment, have wind pain at times still, but not from the op I don't think, but as a result of eating (well drinking). Also, still not constipated, but the opposite. I guess when all you are having is liquid.... :wub:

I am more hungry now, but as long as I make sure I have plenty of fluids, I'm ok. I'm having at the moment roughly this: about 100mls of an opti shake in the morning, home made soups, juice, runny custard and icypoles at least every hour, but in small amounts like say 1/3 rd to 1/2 of a cup. Realised I'm not really drinking much plain water though so must improve on this. ;)

It is now 7 days post op and lathough feel well, I can't imagine going back to work yet, even though all I do is sit at my desk! My hats are off to those who have :rolleyes:

Well, back to bed, I gust got up and decided to quickly check on our group!

Night,

Mel.

Hey guys!

I've been so hungry yesterday and today so this morning I had 2 scrambled eggs plIain and it went down without a hitch! Then i was hungry just before and had another 2 scrambled eggs (which made me satisfied like this morning)... I'm only 9days out from surgery but I feel fantastic and not sore at all anymore.. I'm worried as to why I'm able to eat, is this normal?? I feel a bit conscious as I'm not having any issues since op.. I kept waiting to get shoulder pain or to vomit when I eat but nothing.. Arghh sorry guys I'm just so confused!!

Any advice??

I was only on liquids for one week then mashed up food for the next week. It depends on what your surgeon tells you but one week after Op I was eating baked beans( mashed down), mashed banana and anything else I could mash with a fork. Try having thicker soup with lumps in.

Lucky you with no wind pain. You should never be vomitting.

• Like 1

It is so much better being at home, I slept really well last night as compared to the hospital and feel pretty good.

Snowy I hope your feeling better today!

Has anyone heard from Trina at all yet??

Good luck Leanne.....can't wait to see your updates later!

• Like 1

One week down on opti 2weeks till banding got my pre admission appointment for the 26th November.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Wow!!! Have missed so much since monday...

Welcome to all the newbies and to all the newly banded, hope your all recovering well :)

So i had my band in on monday, was told to arrive at 12 which i did to be greeted with ohh we've been waiting for you and was wizzed in,

had some bloods taken and had one person after another come in and talk to me and before i knew it i was in the op room being prepped so

really had no time for nerves to set in, must say the staff at the Alfred are amazing!!

My Doc said op went well although i was in recovery for 7 hours due to problems with anethetic, found out that night that doc found a hernia so had that repaired

at same time, guess ive been lucky havent had any shoulder pain, have had some incision pain but have only had panadol on the first day after op and nothing since so again guess ive been really lucky, i have however had some gas pain but have been taking degas constantly and find that works really well....

I wasnt allowed to have anything to drink until after my Barium swallow with was done the next day at 11 once the test results were back i was allowed water stayed an hour or so to make sure i kept it down an was then allowed to leave..

Have a very noisey tummy but im still not hungry yet, just sipping water and last night sipped on half a glass of opti with no trouble...I take nexium and blood pressure tablets and have had

no problem swallowing them at all...also no problems burping!! and had plenty of them :P

So all in all i think ive been one of the lucky ones :)

Wishing everyone getting banded today and tomorrow the best of luck and hope you recover quickly...

• Like 5

morning all good luck to Leanne today.

does anyone understand weight loss because I don't, I'd lost 2.3 kilos as of Sunday so i worked really hard yet got on the scales this morning to find I'm up 200gms! I am guess the 200gms is probably fluid but I am disappointed that it did not go down more given how hungry I've been. .

Good luck for those who are getting their op today.

I am a bit worried today have been ill for the last couple of days. Pain in stomach, feeling nauseous and have been physically sick twice.. This is all I need 2 weeks before my op. I have made an appointment with my G.P today. I just hope its a stomach bug and will clear off soon.. I would hate for my op to be postponed :(

Hope you are all well :)

Good luck for those who are getting their op today.

I am a bit worried today have been ill for the last couple of days. Pain in stomach, feeling nauseous and have been physically sick twice.. This is all I need 2 weeks before my op. I have made an appointment with my G.P today. I just hope its a stomach bug and will clear off soon.. I would hate for my op to be postponed :(

Hope you are all well :)

I hope it gets better soon, Im two weeks from banding and dread getting a cold flu or any Illness

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this site, I am currently on the Optifast stage, however I shouldn't call it this as I am avoiding it like the plague, it makes me feel so ill, even the thought :-| I am generally just eating less as a pose to replacing all m meals with Optifast. I am booked in for the Big Day on;

:)November 21st 2012!!!!! :P

I am very excited to start this journey. I am also looking forward to getting to know the wonderful, inspirational people on this site.

I wish everyone luck that is having their surgery this month. Looking forward to reading your updates.

:-) Speak soon

• Like 3

I just did something I have never done before and it felt great! I'm booked for surgery on Tuesday so today I emptied my entire wardrobe on the ground and packed away all my "love, but too small items" into a box. And everything else that I don't like and doesn't fit me now, off to the salvos. I have about one tenth left, with my secret stash hiding away ready for my weight loss.... Was very cleansing.

• Like 6