Happyfrog

November 2012

Well here i am starting another op month. (couldn't find a November one)

Names and Dates of us November Bandits

1st - Clifford

2nd - heather64

2nd - wilderness

5th - ndc

7th - Luce587

7th - wizardofoz18

8th - Melandy

8th - eggzy82

8th - Varichar

9th - Qldkym

12th - Ness on a Mission

12th - my turn now

12th - pink74

13th - SPARKY1

13th - Snowy

14th - Trina

14th - Seaswimmer

14th - Bandedceleste

15th - Sambogirl81

15th - FreshStart

15th - webby

16th - Retro

19th - hamster

19th - Cavil

20th - BigW

20th - Luckymum2

21st - NathanJT90

22nd - antonion

23rd - tessey

23rd - J9-74

24th - Stevied

26th - pnj

26th - maty

27th - dream

28th - Kately

28th - bellahope

29th - Carolyn1963

29th - allycat1 - postponed :(

30th - ladyfortythree

My op has been moved from the 31st October to the

14th November

at the Bowral Private Hospital with Dr Ho.

this has totally messed up my hubby's holidays as he can't move them again, (already moved them once for the 31st October) so he will be returning to work the day i go in for my op :( but i need to keep my chin up and look ahead.

• Like 8

I'm booked for banding on 2nd November at Glengarry Hospital with Dr Dolan. My surgery was originally booked for 14th September, but I've had to undergo other surgery for ovarian cyst problems in the meantime, which meant postponing the banding. Shame they couldn't do it all at the same time!!

Good luck to all the other November bandits :D

weight.png

• Like 2

Well, today has bought some good news after my horrible week last week. Hubby was able to move his holidays, he had to pull in a favour or two, but atleast i wont be home alone with my 2yr old. Her 3rd birthday will be interesting as i will be 8 days post op. will be hard for me since i love organising the kids birthdays and i make the birthday cakes, but this time i will just have to find others to do it for me.

Can't wait for more of us November Bandits to join Heather and I. :lol:

Yay I had been looking for an November list. I have my appoint with the surgeon on 10th September, and hoping to get my band in Nov. I had a band removed in April last year and have discovered that the " fat" girl will always live on inside as she has reared her head. I am now going to look at obesity as being like an alcoholic, I will always be one. Already knowing what to expect I am so excited, bring on November!!!

• Like 1

Well, today has bought some good news after my horrible week last week. Hubby was able to move his holidays, he had to pull in a favour or two, but atleast i wont be home alone with my 2yr old. Her 3rd birthday will be interesting as i will be 8 days post op. will be hard for me since i love organising the kids birthdays and i make the birthday cakes, but this time i will just have to find others to do it for me.

Can't wait for more of us November Bandits to join Heather and I. :lol:

Great news you will be fine to bake and organise by that time

• Like 1

it's only 2 weeks so that isn't so bad, it was just the last thing to top off a crappy week last week lol. i had electricals blow up plus a few other things go wrong that when the clinic rang i just wanted to cry, but i have had time to think and hubby's work moving his holidays i am a much happier person today :)

• Like 2

I've been looking forward to a November thread :) My PHI rolls over in November, so hopefully I can be banded within the month, I have an appointment with my surgeon next week, so fingers crossed I'll be back in here with good news and a date! :D

• Like 2

Hello everyone. Hi again Trina. :o)

I had my consult this afternoon with Dr Dolan, and will be banded by him at Hollywood Hospital, WA on the 7th November!! Hurray! I'm so excited to get this show on the road!

• Like 3

Not yet, but WA is sooo far away. :-) I'm so excited and have no one to share it with... I'm going to try and be a secret bandit. Realised that I'll be towards the end of my mushy phase when I have a wedding to attend. Any suggestions?

choose very soft foods, i have read in other posts about it and to drink with the meal if it is to 'hard' and chew chew chew

Got my parcel, thank you Trina. I must admit I wasn't expecting so many... You are so kind. I'm looking forward to trying them out. :-)

Thanks for the tips, too. I hope I'll be a dress size smaller for the wedding. Is that realistic, given it's four weeks post OP...?

thats totally fine :) i had lots of them, i havent bought my optifast for the pre op yet, these were just the 'test' ones. lol.

i spoze it depends on how tight the size you are wearing now is, if that makes sense. i have read alot of people that lose lots of weight with opti and then the first few weeks and others who dont so it depends on your body really, good luck though :)

for me i want to concentrate more on healing then anything as i have keloids which can make healing a long process and the scars can be quite painful so i will be taking it easy.

Just dont do to much to soon.

No, I won't be doing too much... My surgery is a Wednesday and I plan to have the whole next week off work too. I have Ms, so I'll be getting as many naps in as I can possibly justify! The more rest we get, the better we recover.

I guess I'll leave buying a dress to the very last moment and will see how I go. I wouldn't say my clothes are tight, but they could always be looser!! 8 weeks 4 days and counting! :-)

• Like 1

lol, i am the same with clothes hehehe, i am 9 weeks and 4 days lol, worked it out about an hour ago, i know my ticker say 2 months, 1 week and 1 day but that sounds so far away

• Like 1

Got my surgery date today November 15, I'm so excited to get a band put back in. I have had 18 months without a band but I want my security blanket back. I must say the new bands look a lot better than the old one that I had in. Also makes it a little easier now that I know what to expect. 2 months and counting

• Like 1

i was working out dates and things last night and worked out i will be 1 day off 6 weeks post op and christmas day, lol. :D

trivial i know but felt the need to share lmao :P

and broke the news to my sister in law that we will not be spending the evening with her for her 40th as its the day i come home from hospital

how is everyone going?

• Like 1

Just back from my appointment with Prof O'Brien, surgery date set: 26th November. Oh lordy, it's all getting very real! Looks like I'm officially going to be a November bandit :)

• Like 2

It'll come around so quickly, pnj!

Not trivial at all, Trina! Maybe a new dress for Christmas is a good goal to aim towards. :-) I wonder how I'll be able to get eating so little past my inlaws without them noticing... I suppose I could always plead still being full from breakfast??

My beloved mother didn't realise I wasn't telling people about my decision and told a couple of people... Who in turn will tell a few more, I'm sure! Anyone else keeping their surgery low key?

• Like 1

not me, i have told my family and close friends, everyone else will find out when i see them if i eat infront of them and they question it, i'm not going out of my way to tell people, i have a very close relationship with one sister and spend alot of time visiting her and her family on their farm, especially over summer as they have a pool lol.

brother in law made a few comments on sunday about my weight again, i told him to shove it up his a**e, not that he can speak. i dont let him get to me. i would say 98% of the time he is a great person sometimes gets carried away and makes dump comments, but i always put him in his place. my sister also yelled at him for it and told him that he wasn't being very supportive. and the next time he did it she would slap him lol

• Like 1