foodie2012

I Want...

After reading the NSV posts, I am feeling inspired (and a little envious at some peoples amazing victories). It has made me think - what do I want to post on that thread, or what do I want in general from my lap band. Here is my list, what is yours?

- I want to go to the doctors without fear of being diagnosed with high blood pressure, high blood sugar, etc.

- I want to be able to shop with my girlfriends and actually try on clothes rather than waiting at the change rooms to get them the correct size or give opinions.

- I want to be able to shop in 'normal shops'. As someone in their mid 20s, I really struggle to find nice, fashionable clothing in the plus size stores that looks like it could be from a normal store - does anyone get what I mean? Online shopping is my bestfriend for the moment.

- I want to get a boyfriend. Right now I am too self concious about my body to have a boyfriend, but I've gotten to that age where everyone is starting to settle down. I dread catch ups with some people as I know they'll ask the dreaded question - "found a boy yet?".

- On that note, I want to go to pubs and clubs and for guys to actually be interested in me, not just talking to me to get to my friend or because they are drunk.

- I want to enjoy this coming summer and not spend it uncomfortable, sweaty, overly dressed, and searching for aircon. Last summer it got to the stage where I did not go out clubbing/pubbing because I knew I would get too hot in the long sleaves I insist on wearing to cover my flabby, stretch marked arms.

- I want to be able to show my arms. Right now I am way too self concious about them.

- I want to look good in business attire and inturn increase respect from my clients and colleagues. All my female colleagues look gorgeous in their pencil skirts, fitted shirts, and high heels. I know I am getting there myself and now wearing pencil skirts and heels, but still a little way to go.

- I want to get my act together, control my food addiction, and lose 20kgs by the end of the year. Unsure if it is possible, but I am going to try.

Re-reading the above, it sounds a bit depressing. I shouldn't discredit the achievements I have made so far because I've had some great NSVs, but obese life (in my experience) isn't great, especially during younger years and I want to say goodbye to the fat ASAP and start living life to the fullest.

Would love to hear other peoples "I want...".

Foodie

• Like 8

I want ....

- to be comfortable this summer. Throw on a summer dress and walk out the door.

- for my back pain to get better (hoping the thinner I get the better it gets)

• Like 3

I want to be PAINLESS!!!! I am suffering from so much pain with my total hip replaced leg and am soooo freaking over it!

I also want to get a job besides being a mother and I can't get one when I am in pain like that!

I want to enjoy my daughter by going on the floor with her to play!

I want to be able to wear high heels!

I want to be able to clean my house without help from my hubby! (I feel guilty when he helps cuz I feel am not doing my job!)

I guess that's enough I want...! Lol! :D

• Like 3

Last summer (which wasn't much of a summer granted) I had lost 20 kgs...and it DID make a difference in my level of comfort! I have always been one to seek out the air con vent/fans in buildings (esp pubs/clubs) so I'm not soaking wet after 5 minutes. My intolerance of heat is also an excuse for me to not wear make up (because it slides off faster than I can get it on)...but it was VERY NICE to go out and just have a good time in the warmer weather and not suffer like I used to!

Now I need to kick myself in the bum and get to my goal weight!

• Like 2

I have some similar ones:

- I want to shop in "normal" size clothing shops and not worry about wether theres a plus size section.

- i want to feel good and comfortable in summer and hot weather also.

- i also want to be able to wear sleeveless tops, its something im very self conscious about and my partner doesnt understand why i always wear shrugs or cardigans.

- i want to look nice in business wear, i'd die of happiness to look good in a pencil skirt too :)

- also in my 20's i do want to have the confidence to go out. Im lucky ive already found my husband-to-be, so its more just wanting to look good on his arm in public, and have him proud to be seen with me (not that he is now, but im sure losing 30kg would make some difference).

- most importantly, i want to look great on my wedding day. I want to look at the photos and not regret how i looked. I want to enjoy the day, laugh, dance, drink and then i want to enjoy our honeymoon ;)

- i want to be able to wear bathers and go for a swim when its hot

• Like 6

I want...

To shop for normal clothes and not have to pay a fortune just because I'm a big girl

To be able to buy clothes from the rack

Not to be uncomfortable and sweaty all summer - yuck!

To have lost a total of 20-15 kg (so another 10-15kg) by the end of the year

Oh yeah.. and I'm pretty sure I want my boyfriend to propose :P But in fact he loves me at the size I am now. He jokingly told me once I get too skinny he will have to "trade me in for a chubbier model". LOL.

• Like 6

I want to fit into a size 14 wedding dress

and reduce pain, so I can work more/ earn more income

• Like 3

I want to fit into a size 14 wedding dress

This is also my goal. I would LOVE to get into a size 12, but I'll be content with a size 14 wedding dress :)

• Like 2

To be happy!

When the topic of banding came up my DP said the only thing that stopped me from being happy was my weight, I had top many fat days where I wouldn't be happy because I felt fat.

I just want to be happy! - of course the clothes and health is great too lol

• Like 2

Foodie...it's like you read all my future wishes from inside my head! I relate so much to every point you listed.

In addition to everything you mentioned,

I want to be confident in myself again

I want to want to see my friends rather than feeling ashamed to leave the house

I want to start living my life as I feel like it's currently paused

• Like 1

I want to be able to throw on a dress and walk out the door this summer too.

Without worry about rubbing thighs, horrible silhouette and swollen cankles.

Also to put on make up that is not just smeared on top of the sweaty face!

• Like 1

To be able to go to wear a swimsuit and jeans with boots.

I had lots of other things in the beginning too but I have ticked off most of these in the last year! Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 2

how's this for the ultimate swimsuit?? it's me in my stinger suit....chez sexy?

• Like 3

LMAO Kazbo. I was thinking more like this type of thing. Not that yours isn't totally HAWT!! ;)

PS_ How do i get your skinny legs??

3183718_f260.jpg

• Like 1

Haha Dee i would give my right arm to look like that in a bikini. I think i'll forever be in a one peice (except maybe in the spa on my honeymoon) and im okay with that. But i still want a sexy one-piece, not a frumpy mum suit

• Like 4

Well that dress manquinn had to give both arms to look like that so everything is possible! Ha ha. I won't look like that either even if I manage to tone up my tummy is so covered with scars I don't think I could do a bikini either but a girl can dream....

PS- Pretty sure you won't be wearing ANYTHING in the honeymoon spa! :o

• Like 4

Yes, yes, yes - to Kazbo and Dee.

I want to be able to wiggle into a wetsuit and wear a bikini like that one.

Only problem is I'm 60 and nothing looks as good as I wished it did! I have great arms - and a jelly belly. Good deltoids - and a fat arse. Welcome to my world.

Sigh........

• Like 3

Well that dress manquinn had to give both arms to look like that so everything is possible! Ha ha. I won't look like that either even if I manage to tone up my tummy is so covered with scars I don't think I could do a bikini either but a girl can dream....

PS- Pretty sure you won't be wearing ANYTHING in the honeymoon spa! :o

hahaha...ya might be right about the spa. ;)

yep ive got heaps of stretch mark/scars on my tummy. From pregnancy, yes, but i had heaps already from before then...just from weight gain. I'll never be in a bikini, but maybe a tankini?

PS_ How do i get your skinny legs??

what can I say? I'm a freak of nature...I liken myself to having a lollipop shape :unsure:

Yes, yes, yes - to Kazbo and Dee.

I want to be able to wiggle into a wetsuit and wear a bikini like that one.

Only problem is I'm 60 and nothing looks as good as I wished it did! I have great arms - and a jelly belly. Good deltoids - and a fat arse. Welcome to my world.

Sigh........

Kate you could so wear a bikini. I spend alot of time at the beach and trust me woman with more than a jelly belly wear bikini's.

Kazbo - MY GOD your legs are thin!! Im seriously jealous!!! I have the biggest calf muscles and dream of wearing boots but it will never happen.

• Like 1

Lol Kazbo im the same build. My legs are not skinny at ALL but in proportion to my other weight areas, i have that lollipop shape. I hate it. I have big calves and ankles tho which i am hoping will just slim down when i lose weight

• Like 1

I hate the lollipop shape too...i wish the rest of me was as 'toned' as my legs!

@dee & juststarting - I've always had skinny legs (in proportion to the rest of me)...maybe those couple of years I did body building/weightlifting might have helped too? I used to do this exercise for my calves where I held hand weights and then stood on my tippy toes to work the calves - it works!

• Like 1