Nicoleo

Tummy tuck Dr Mark Moore

Let me know how you go nanna, im going to make an appointment with him next year, after my wedding when I get back to my mission of losing the last 10kg.

Just had tummy tuck surgery 28/2/14 , all went well recovery was very comfortable ,

I'd highly recommend Dr Moore and his staff , very very happy with the result , worth every $

• Like 2

I would never is a million years go to India to have major surgery. NEVER EVER!

• Like 1

As I've said before,bariatric surgery patients, if you do your research you can get reconstructive surgery in oz for the same $$ unfit less than OS !!!!

She was actually the director of the clinic for the surgeon she was raving about. I just hope people actually do their research and take it seriously. Atgreg is absolutely right. Sure, you might not get an overseas 'holiday' attached to it, but you do get to keep all your rights when you have it done here. I have nothing against those who have chosen to have it done OS, I just don't see the need to. I am currently saving for my own reconstructive surgery and would never consider Thailand... let alone India!!

I just wanted to add something to the conversation about overseas surgery that I feel should be an important consideration as far as post op health issues go. I have had blood clots in my leg and lungs after gall bladder surgery in the past, this puts me at a greater risk of getting blood clots again in the future, in any situation that a regular person has increased risk, such as flying or surgery my risk is much higher. For this reason if and when I choose to have reconstructive surgery I won't be travelling at all as the combined risk of flying and surgery is just too great for me. But I would say to others who don't have my history keep in mind that a long haul flight within weeks of any surgery is very risky, flying only within australia is much lower risk unless you are flying over the whole country, and obviously the lowest risk is having your surgery locally.

I would not wish blood clots on ANYONE, apart from being extremely painful and leading you to need to be on blood thinners for 6 months with very regular blood tests throughout this time, they can very easily be fatal, not really the end to your weight loss journey you were looking for I suspect.

• Like 1

Good point Scoots. With my reconstructive surgeries, I had a number of areas where the incision opened up and they were quickly resolved because I was able to see my surgeon straight away for advice on how to treat them. The first incision that opened required another surgery for him to re-stitch it shut again and I ended up in hospital for a further 3 days. I even recently had my skin open up about the size of a 20 cent piece 4 months after breast lift surgery. So these are things people should take into account when deciding whether to travel to have major surgeries.

UPDATE: I’ve tentatively booked Adelaide for surgery on Friday 11 July at Calvary.  Surgeon’s fee is $3500 and anaesthetist $1000 (other dates were more expensive for anaesthetic…dunno why).  I’d fly up on Thursday and have a tentative booking for review at midday.  I may have to look past the fact that I’ll have a vertical scar if I’m now going to save about $6000.  Still need to cost flights and accommodation, but will still work out cheaper.

I have a tentative booking for 17 July in Geelong but I'm looking at close to $11,000 for abdominoplasty ($8000), anaesthetist $2500), hospital excess ($250) and garments ($?).

The only issue with Mark are the cuts, he does veritical and horizontal where as the Geelong surgeon is only horizontal as he feels that I don't need a vertical (that's not his style of surgery anyway).

HUGE decision to make in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. That's a little disapointing to hear that Mark does vertical cuts. Im years off having a tummy tuck but i know i really dont want that vertical scar if i can get away with it.

UPDATE: I’ve tentatively booked Adelaide for surgery on Friday 11 July at Calvary.  Surgeon’s fee is $3500 and anaesthetist $1000 (other dates were more expensive for anaesthetic…dunno why).  I’d fly up on Thursday and have a tentative booking for review at midday.  I may have to look past the fact that I’ll have a vertical scar if I’m now going to save about $6000.  Still need to cost flights and accommodation, but will still work out cheaper.

I have a tentative booking for 17 July in Geelong but I'm looking at close to $11,000 for abdominoplasty ($8000), anaesthetist $2500), hospital excess ($250) and garments ($?).

The only issue with Mark are the cuts, he does veritical and horizontal where as the Geelong surgeon is only horizontal as he feels that I don't need a vertical (that's not his style of surgery anyway).

I think it's because he uses different anaesthetists which charge different amounts.

I also struggled with this decision. In the end I didn't want a vertical scar and I also wanted other things like (body lift not TT as I had excess skin on my lower back, breast lift WITH implants, arm lift and inner thigh lift with NO vertical) so I chose a Sydney surgeon. But still a very hard decision when it is such a massive cost differential.

Also Mr Moore does TTs with and without a vertical. When I saw him he said I needed a vertical scar. I was a bit upset that he doesnt do body lifts at all.

Yeah she gave other dates for the op and said that the anaesthetist on that day was the cheapest, otherwise was looking at $1500-$1600.

my gas guy with Dr Moore was van rennen , was $1500 out of pocket

you can have a TT with Dr Moore with or without the vertical cut , he will recomend what he thinks best depending how much skin you have,  but you can insist on no vertical cut.  But as Missy has said he doesnt do the full ring bark

If you are happy with his procedures offered he does great work and is a bargain

He suggested vertical when I saw him. I wasn't really that impressed with the consult. Just asked me to lift my top and trop my pants, whereas Geelong I had to put a gown on.

Big decision to make.

When I had my 2 different consultations, both docs pulled,pinched,lay down,stand up,took photos and checked where my port was.

Went with the 2nd surgeon,who said I may have a vertical cut from naval to pubic line he wouldnt know until he got in there.

Thats the first thing I asked him when I woke up - luckily I didnt need it

He suggested vertical when I saw him. I wasn't really that impressed with the consult. Just asked me to lift my top and trop my pants, whereas Geelong I had to put a gown on.

Big decision to make.

I saw 3 surgeons and not once did I put a gown on. These are surgeons that can correct your deformities which meant I was more than happy to strip off and have them assess me. I felt like what's the point in getting undressed behind a curtain when they're going to see you fully or almost fully naked anyway. 

When you go through the surgeries when you're in hospital it feels like a million staff see you naked (help you get changed, have showers, go to the bathroom, change/check wounds etc...), so you loose the embarrassment factor very quick. By the end, I just felt like whatever yet another person being added to the list that has now seen me completely naked.

I was actually quite upset from Mr Moore's consult but that was because I was upset that he didn't want to perform almost every procedure I wanted the way I wanted while the other two Sydney surgeons would and agreed that what I wanted was appropriate for the particular issues I had. I was hoping to have the surgeries with Mr Moore as he was considerably cheaper and others on the sleeve forum have used him and really liked his results. But after the consult I had to choose between financial savings or having the surgeries the way I had my heart set on which minimised the scars involved and ultimately I decided to go with a surgeon that would do the procedures the way I wanted. 

• Like 1

The horizontal cut that the Geelong surgeon said he'd do would almost be all the way around, maybe a hand distance away from each side of my spine. That's the best way to explain it.

This photo shows what I'm left with after nearly 60kg lost.

post-2106-0-27110300-1399701105_thumb.jp

So that's almost a body lift then which goes horizontally all the way around. I had a number of skin rolls on my lower back which I wanted a body lift to fix. It fixed some but not all. If I want all the remaining looseness taken out of my back and above my bra strap at the front I'd need to have a an upper body lift with a bra-line incision which is horizontal from side of boobs to around the back where your bra strap goes. Not really wanting yet another scar, so am not going to have that procedure done as the looseness that is left is not that bad.

Your back definitely looks better than what mine did though. But I pretty much feel like looking at your photos are quite similar to what I looked like pre-surgery.

Would it be best to have the tuck done within a 4 hour drive or could it be done anywhere and is there any after surgery followups required because after I had my belly button hernia repaired I never went back to see the surgeon until my next fill 10 months latter.

Hi there

I'm booked in with Mark Moore this Friday 16th May for Tummy tuck and breast reduction at Calvary and I'm only having the Horizontal cut he said i didn't need the Vertical all up $3500 for TT $4000 for Breasts so $7500 for Mark which includes the sucky in garment thingies then $1400 for anesthetist and i should get $1000 to $1500 back from medicare ill let you all know how I go  

• Like 2

Hi there

I'm booked in with Mark Moore this Friday 16th May for Tummy tuck and breast reduction at Calvary and I'm only having the Horizontal cut he said i didn't need the Vertical all up $3500 for TT $4000 for Breasts so $7500 for Mark which includes the sucky in garment thingies then $1400 for anesthetist and i should get $1000 to $1500 back from medicare ill let you all know how I go  

Good luck.

• Like 1

Hi there

How much excess skin do you have compared to Nessa? I'm interested in visiting Mark Moore when i'm in Adelaide for work but really don't want the vertical cut!

Does anyone else know if Mark Moore do a breast lift with implants or only the lift? I don't have much to work with :(

How much excess skin do you have compared to Nessa? I'm interested in visiting Mark Moore when i'm in Adelaide for work but really don't want the vertical cut!

Does anyone else know if Mark Moore do a breast lift with implants or only the lift? I don't have much to work with :(

He will only do a breast lift in one operation and then implants in a second operation. Yeah, one of the reasons I passed on him.

Hi i had similar skin to Nessa probably more my surgery went brilliant with no problems at all Mark Moore is wonderful and all the staff at calvary have been fabulous i highly recommend him ill post before and after.photos in the next week i was up walking around 10 hours after surgery best thing ive ever done other than my band xxx

• Like 3

Well i'm off to Adelaide for work in late September and decided to bite the bullet and book an appointment with Mark Moore!

My big issue is a huge apron, I don't really have back rolls or much above my belly button so i'm hoping not to have a vertical incision. Does anyone know if he will do a tummy tuck and thigh lift in one surgery? The boobs can wait, but my thighs are awful! when I touch the skin it kind of bunches up and stays like that.

• Like 3