Blue Fairy Wren

DRINKING

I had red wine with my evening meal about a week or two after banding.

My surgeon is ok with drinking liquids during a meal and is also ok with some wine at meal times even though it is liquid calories.

Hope this helps.

Guilty, 12 days post op and I'm enjoying red wine! To be honest, when I saw that dr Paul o'brien said it was ok to have a "glass or two" of red wine each day with the band, it cemented my decision that banding was for me. I want a healthy lifestyle, not a restrictive diet.

FYI, the Lapland solution (by Paul o'brien) suggests that people who have alcohol in their diet actually succeed better after banding than those who don't :).

• Like 5

All things in moderation. I enjoy a glass of wine, but since banding have reduced my intake dramatically. I am really aware of drinking my calories, so instead of drinking a bottle or maybe 2 -_- , I only have a couple of glasses of wine or if it's going to be a big night I drink vodka & mineral water with a squeeze of lime.

• Like 1

I drank wine and a couple of kahuna & milks 1 week post op I find the lindmans early harvest sav blanc allows me to be social a little longer as a 750 ml bottle is only 350 calories which is at least half any other white wine

• Like 3

Guilty here as we'll.

I started slowly but now I can drink anything and plenty of it. I'm 1 month post band. I find the next day the hardest part as my will power is weaker and I tend to want the bad foods.

I'm 3 days pre op and am really nervous. I like to have a drink socially with my girlfriends (who don't know about the band decision), and am worried their going to wonder what's going on???? Can anyone tell me if they can still successfully have a few drinks occasionally?

Crikey, its my birthday today, and I've had 2 glasses of Pink Champs and that's possibly ENOUGH!

My husband is taking me out for cheesecake for dinner (yes, dinner, preplanned, and ok'd by my dietician LOL). Might wait til the champs go down a little I think.... 

Well, I'm having fun, but well aware about what they say about getting on the internet intoxicated LOL!!! Seeya!

• Like 1

Crikey, its my birthday today, and I've had 2 glasses of Pink Champs and that's possibly ENOUGH!

My husband is taking me out for cheesecake for dinner (yes, dinner, preplanned, and ok'd by my dietician LOL). Might wait til the champs go down a little I think.... 

Well, I'm having fun, but well aware about what they say about getting on the internet intoxicated LOL!!! Seeya!

Happy birthday to you.

Have a great dinner, eat some cheesecake for me. :-)

I had about 3 gin and tonics over l like 3 hours at my friends place the other night, I couldn't and didn't feel like anymore, I had a carona and a few glasses small ones of cider, burped a little and it took me about 45 min to finish each, you can't take big mouthfuls the way you use to you have to consciously drink, its different but very doable. Im 12 days post op :-)

I'm yet to try any alcohol at 4 weeks post op...but dh is taking me out to dinner fri nite and will enjoy 2 glasses of something nice. Bet it takes me ages to get down but! Lol.