hobart girl

Guidance Needed.....

Hello all...

Im only new today.. I had my band put in back in August 2011.. Ive been all over the place, up / down and now plateauing... I dont really know what to eat still, i just pick all day and mostly not the right stuff either... can anyone help out and point me in the right direction as far as any good receipies or words of wisdom :-)

• Like 1

Maybe try limiting yourself to 3 meals a day which contain more flling and nutrious things like salads and veg, some protein etc. Aviod high calourie dinks (especally alcohol), stuff which slips through the band like choclate and icecream and moist cakes. And before you eat something ask yourself am i hungry? if yes then Is this going to fill me up and make me feel satisfied? if yes, then ask will i feel guilty about it later? and is it going to give me all the nutrion my body needs? if yes then eat it!

Hello all...

Im only new today.. I had my band put in back in August 2011.. Ive been all over the place, up / down and now plateauing... I dont really know what to eat still, i just pick all day and mostly not the right stuff either... can anyone help out and point me in the right direction as far as any good receipies or words of wisdom :-)

Hi Hovart girl firstly congrats on taking this step I to am an August bandit! I am walking 30 min 6 or 7 times a week and my food is HO protien and as little sugar as possible

Brekky 1 egg scrambled or omelette with spinach & salmon or a lazy morning 1 weetbix with anlene milk

Lunch chicken, fish , tuna or deli ham chicken or turkey about 100 grams or the size of your palm with lettuce red onion capsicum snow peas mushroom and a little low fat feta cheese about 1/2 cup of salad

Tea similar to lunch or soup

There is a recipe thread on here if you go to the home page with loads of great recipes I've tried quite a few for teas but u try not to have carbs for tea so no potato rice or pasta if I really want some I have it at lunch

You can also google band recipes or weight loss surgery recipes and quite a lot come up good luck and come say hi in the intro section under August bandits 2012

• Like 1

Hi Hobart Girl - try to get a copy of the book. Knife Fork & Band - its a big help

• Like 1