Minijumb

I'm an idiot!

I've been avoiding the forums because I have been a bad girl. After getting frustrated with being stuck on a plateau, I've adapted the old 'who cares what I do, it doesn't make any difference' mindset, and I've stopped going to the gym, started eating chocolate daily and drinking at least a few times a week and have gained 5 kgs. 5 KGS in like TWO WEEKS!!!

I can't complain about the band, I can't eat much, and my meals are filling. I'm not physically hungry, I'm just eating my depression. AAAAARGH...

I was aiming to lose a chunk of weight before my sister in laws wedding, and it is now 3 weeks away and I've gone in the wrong direction. I feel like crying :(

I'm going to the shop this arvo and I'm going to buy some optifast and do opti for breakfast and lunch and have protein and veggies for dinner for the next 4 weeks or so to get back on track.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who'se done this. I feel like a complete failure. My psychologist is on maternity leave until January, but I'm going to start some group therapy in the meantime to try and crawl out of this depression. I just can't believe it takes weeks and weeks and weeks to come off and goes back on in the blink of an eye! Freaking weight issues...

You are so not alone thats why most of us are here, try to focus ont he mini goal of the wedding in three weeks and try to move the 5 kilo you gained great first step coming back here and not letting it go on and on until it all came back, each time you grab for something unhealthy just stop and ask yourself if its worth the heart ache of the weight gain and im sure your answer will be no!!! good luck and go shopping for a new dress for the wedding instead of Opti !!!!

Girl I feel you!! I have been lucky enough not to gain but for a while there my depression was shoveling chocolate and high cal dairy drinks down my trap like it was the cure!!

Please do not give up on exercise, running has made a huge difference to my depression, I still struggle but the exercise makes all the difference in my coping abilities and also makes me feel less guilty if I slip up and chow down on too much chocolate during a particularly bad day.

Hang in there, you sound like you at least have a plan, so that definitely helps!

xx

• Like 1

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!! I'm coming to terms with the fact that I have gained 4 kgs and have to front up to the clinic on Tuesday.

What's done is done, so please stop beating yourself up about it...I'll meet you back on the bandwagon and we can just get on with the business of eating healthy, regularly exercising and getting our heads back in the game :)

• Like 2

As the others said-new day, new start. I've been on another plateau for the last couple of weeks but have learnt to deal with them a bit better now. I had fill taken out of my band last year due to illness I put on a kilo a week for 4 weeks :( Took another 8 weeks to get off. I think it could be doable with the Opti-just get your head back and give yourself a good talking to and move on ;)

Yip, definately not alone. I sit here munching on Hershey nuggets as I type this. Went to Costco this morning and purchased a huge bag of insanely good American chocolates. I was so proud of myself not purchasing the usual Costco massive cheesecake, only to crumble when I saw the pack of Hershey nuggets.

Found out (only after I had already eaten at last 12 of the little suckers) that it is a whopping 200 calories for 4 of the 'nuggets'. I should have stuck with the cheesecake :ph34r:

I have already gained 2kgs in the last 2 weeks as I have been stressing regarding returning to work in the next fortnight. And the closer I get to that date, the more I shovel in the bad stuff. It's terrifying how easily I fall back into the old habits the moment I have an issue in my life.

I also haven't been exercising AT ALL, I just can't get my mindset right at the moment. I need a big kick up the butt to start it up again.

• Like 1

Oh my gosh, Costco is the devil!! We came home with one giant pie and a hell of a lot of American cheese. So bad!!

• Like 1

minijumb... no judging here.... as said before we all have been tarred with these demons ... that is how we got here. but good on you for voicing and saying it out loud ... and if you feel you need to get some counselling with somebody else while your reg. is on maternity leave good idea i reckon.

remember it takes a braver person to stand up and say enough now ...good luck and dont feel alone or silly cause your amongst those who really can understand

• Like 1

Ah yes BIB- I tend to eat something yummy and enjoy it and then look at the calorie content - usually I'm sucked in big time :(

I've been avoiding the forums because I have been a bad girl. After getting frustrated with being stuck on a plateau, I've adapted the old 'who cares what I do, it doesn't make any difference' mindset, and I've stopped going to the gym, started eating chocolate daily and drinking at least a few times a week and have gained 5 kgs. 5 KGS in like TWO WEEKS!!!

I can't complain about the band, I can't eat much, and my meals are filling. I'm not physically hungry, I'm just eating my depression. AAAAARGH...

I was aiming to lose a chunk of weight before my sister in laws wedding, and it is now 3 weeks away and I've gone in the wrong direction. I feel like crying :(

I'm going to the shop this arvo and I'm going to buy some optifast and do opti for breakfast and lunch and have protein and veggies for dinner for the next 4 weeks or so to get back on track.

Please tell me I'm not the only person who'se done this. I feel like a complete failure. My psychologist is on maternity leave until January, but I'm going to start some group therapy in the meantime to try and crawl out of this depression. I just can't believe it takes weeks and weeks and weeks to come off and goes back on in the blink of an eye! Freaking weight issues...

Minijumb can you make it to the catch-up on Sunday? Sounds like you need some group therapy of the 'sisterhood' kind (brotherhood too)

Details on the WA page :)

• Like 1

Your not alone!

I'm going through depression too and finding it hard to look forward I have gained 8kg in the last two months and still can't find it n myself to stop.

You will get there it has to click in your mind I don't think anything anyone else says will get you there till your ready nice again.

Good luck

Minijumb can you make it to the catch-up on Sunday? Sounds like you need some group therapy of the 'sisterhood' kind (brotherhood too)

Details on the WA page :)

Oooooh, I'll go have a look. My daughter's birthday party is tomorrow and I'm starting opti tomorrow so no more nibbling on cheese and crackers and NO MORE CHOCOLATE (or booze!)!!!

I haven't plateaued with the band yet (only been a month) but I was exactly the same before - I would be really good with food and exercise then wouldn't lose a thing so I would be like "Nothing works so I might as well eat what I want"

Good on you for noticing it and organising to get back on track - I personally wouldn't go for optifast you still need to enjoy eating. Scrambled eggs for breakfast maybe with spinach and protein and salad for lunch as well as dinner.

Good luck!

I haven't plateaued with the band yet (only been a month) but I was exactly the same before - I would be really good with food and exercise then wouldn't lose a thing so I would be like "Nothing works so I might as well eat what I want"

Good on you for noticing it and organising to get back on track - I personally wouldn't go for optifast you still need to enjoy eating. Scrambled eggs for breakfast maybe with spinach and protein and salad for lunch as well as dinner.

Good luck!

Yeah, I get that. It's like optifast is 'penance' for being bad hahaha...

No not really. I just want to do it for a few weeks for breakfast and lunch so that I see a quick drop of the weight I've put on so that i can get motivated to plan meals and cook and things. Also, with feeling depressed for so long, I just can't be arsed finding healthy food to eat at the moment- I just want carbs. At least the opti is just there- I don't have to think or cook or anything.

Thank god I have the band though. Normally I would have gained more ever faster by living on bread- bandie does not like bread one little bit!

• Like 1

Yeah, I get that. It's like optifast is 'penance' for being bad hahaha...

haha don't tell me that! I have to start my two week's penance on the 1st November!

You are not alone. I can feel my depression knocking at the door. 9 I am going to up my anti Ds) If you can force yourself to the gym/ excerise and get some sun on your retains it will be helpful. for your mood. and go to that catch up if you can make it. Im sure it would be good for what ails you at present.

• Like 1

You are not alone. I can feel my depression knocking at the door. 9 I am going to up my anti Ds) If you can force yourself to the gym/ excerise and get some sun on your retains it will be helpful. for your mood. and go to that catch up if you can make it. Im sure it would be good for what ails you at present.

Depression is.... wait. I'm not sure of what the rules are in this forum regarding bad language, but I was going to use some really really bad swears...

I'm on the max dose of one antidepressant (Zyban) 1.5 times the max dose of another (Pristiq) and on a mood stabiliser. I just don't know where I go from here. Tricyclics? ECT? I just hope something gives before it comes to that.

Every sunny day we have I've been kicking myself out either into the garden or to the doggy beach. I definitely feel better on those days, and I think we've had the last rainy day for a bit (I think? I hope).

I am going to try and get some human interaction. Char's birthday party is tomorrow and I don't know any of the school mums so I'm bricking it! Damn kids getting old enough to have their own friends to invite to birthday parties...

I did get Dave to promise to watch the kids on Sunday so I can go to the Perth meetup, so it looks like I'll have to crawl out of the tracky dacks at least twice over this weekend :unsure:

• Like 2

Thats great news minijumb. Support from others who have been down that road is the best therapy you can get.

And a bit of a giggle doesn't do any harm either.

See you there

Thats great news minijumb. Support from others who have been down that road is the best therapy you can get.

And a bit of a giggle doesn't do any harm either.

See you there

I just posted in the meet up thread- I won't be able to make it, I've come down with a yucky cold :(