wharfie79

A good women's multivitamin?

Hello everyone,

I am just wondering what multivitamins you would recommend for women? I'd prefer to just take one a day.

TIA,

Wharfie x

I take the Elevit Pregnancy multi.. not just cause I'm pregnant, but because my Dr recommended it. I find it's not too big to take whole. I strongly advise NOT crushing it, as it made me badly consipated (sorry if too much info) and was not good! I was pre-warned that could happen.

Interestingly, my best friend gave me her pregnancy multivitamins to take when I was really run down last year because she swears by them pregnant or not.

Yup, that's what my doc says too... he also recommends them for men as well.

Give them a go, if you find they don't work, try something else... just DON'T CRUSH THEM!!! :lol: :lol:

I have been taking Womens Wellness Multi - Multivitamin and Minerals with silica (I'm into my 3rd pkt)

they are made by MICROgenics

I had a very real problem with hairloss and I am convinced that it has stopped because of these.

They are on the large side, but I haven't yet experienced problem with swallowing them.

• Like 1

Cenovis is do a good once daily multi but its a bit big and I haven't been game to tr them since I've had my band. When things settle down, plan on going back to them. In the meantime I'm taking a effervescent one called supradyn, an kids chewable I just happen to have in the cupboard, and a Fab iron that my dr recommended to ger my iron up that doesn't cause constipation.

Im going to start buying the Vitagummies multi from Woolies. Ive been giving the kids ones to my toddler and he loves them. They look and taste like lollies lol so they are a pleasure to take

• Like 1

The vitagummies range also has a fibre supplement. I use their multivitamin, vitamin D and fibre (when I can get it).

I don't know what the definition of "good" is when you're talking about multivitamins. Does anyone ever notice a difference when they're taking them?

I take the Healthy Care brand chewable ones daily, but prior to that I've had all sorts - pre banding also. I never know if they're making a difference or not. I also take Vitamin D, as it always shows as low in my blood tests, even when I've been taking double doses of them in a few different brands. 

Who knows eh? We just do it because its been drummed into us to ensure we're not missing out on any vitamins and minerals, but who would know if they're ever "good" or worthwhile or not.

I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 4

the dietician reccomended the Elevit pregnancy ones for me as well as they have Iron in them (thats what can make you a bit constipated) - take that and 2X caltrate a day to make sure your bones and teeth stay good .......... if you do get a bit bound up try taking  a fish oil capsule before bed and again in the morning if no movements 

I tried Centrum for Women last but have to say the Elevit and the Natures Way Mini Vitamins for Women were better.  I notice if I don't take them I get really tired easily so they do make a difference.  I went to my GP recently who has actually been sleeved she suggested the Blackmores for Women multivitamin or the one for pregnancy she has had good results with them.  Elevit made me feel nauseous interestingly she had the same issue.

I looked at those Elevit prego ones too as recommended by the dietician and those pills are massive! So I avoided those.. especially after the Pharmacist said they are not to be crushed or cut.

I didn't have a problem swallowing the tablet but the nausea after taking them I could live without lol