nic0le

OMG diarrhea & gurgaling somach....please tell me i'm not the only one?

oh, 6 days into opti pre op,

1st day not to bad

2nd day massive head ache

3rd day wanting so bad to eat real food

4th day diarrhea so much and so watery in the end it was almost clear (whats up with that),

5th day wind, wind and yep more farting......not really interested in food to day!

6th day yep more wind (but i think it's settling) fingers crossed.....food seems manageable, really really enjoying the zucchini, cherry tomatoes, onion and capsicum on skewers on the BBQ

ooohhh, only 2 more weeks, did anyone or is any one having gurgaling stomach or diarrhea, i cant seem to find topics regarding this??

I had an attack of the runs on opti, it will settle a bit after some time but i think it's after a few days of hardly any food and fat coming out of you, well i think it could be, i mean where else does the fat go but down the loo?! it should settle for sure. If it ends up too bad, just keep drinking water to keep hydrated and maybe get some gastro stop. The farting, well i fart a lot anyways pre-band so hard to say, gurgling could be all the gas inside and maybe your tummy digesting the little food in there, pretty sure it's normal. First few days post op, no farting, no i can't stop again :blink:

• Like 1

It could be your body detoxing or maybe you had picked up a tummy bug and it coincided with the Optifast. I get lots of gurgling even now, 3 months post op, I used to suffer with gas due to the bad food I was putting in my stomach, now I'm eating healthy I hardly ever fart.

• Like 1

i wonder too if it is detoxing ..... and have you tried Degas? i found that was very helpful with the windy rumbling. I hope you have not picked up a tummy bug ...fingers Xed for you.

I had the same around day three on the opti. I put it down to dairy overload, the noise is your digestion with less food in it, apparently it's normal.

woohoow day 7 on opti and tummy is much better, i think it was my body getting rid of all the shit in it, literally....lol

mmyyehh, DETOX big time :)

breakfast today was a shake and strawberries and i'm also drinking coffee with a splash of milk and NO sugar.... the list says i can have tea but to avoid coffee, i don't really see the difference since there is caffeine in both, i'm only having 2-3 per day. the cuppa helps for the in between time, i do also drink the herbal tea every now and again.

• Like 1

those are all the symptoms of lactose intolerance. Never had similar problems with milk?

Maybe you just had a coincidental tummy bug?

bugger!!! i caved today....

while putting my veggie kebabs on the bbq, who in their right mind can resist a snag!!!

(only ate 3/4 of it, until guilt got the better of me) :angry:

ahhh water water water, i hope that helps?

p.s. guys, no tummy gurgaling, wtaery poos or farting today :D

it happened to me too, i thought it was the strawberry opti, as i didn't start that until day 4 or 5, but maybe its a normal sort of thing to happen for some of us? Weird because i was expecting constipation!!

:wacko::blink::unsure:

• Like 1

Ohhhh!

11 days on opti and i'm now so over it.

i would love a bowl of spaghetti.......or toast with vegemite :blink:

10 days to go.

• Like 2

Ohhhh!

11 days on opti and i'm now so over it.

i would love a bowl of spaghetti.......or toast with vegemite :blink:

10 days to go.

Yep know how you feel, I was the same on the Optifast, got so over it and don't even like the smell now.

The plus side was the weight loss.

• Like 2

Yep know how you feel, I was the same on the Optifast, got so over it and don't even like the smell now.

The plus side was the weight loss.

yeh, i really like the choc bar and coffee shake with ice, the chicken soup OMG vomit worthy.

• Like 1

I had had Opti in the past as well with the runs, this time around my dietitian has recommended taking it with lactese, you can get them from the chemist in either tablet or drops and you just take it with the shake. Removes the lactose which is what is causing the runs in most people

• Like 1

I was the same! I'm so glad it wasn't just me! For about the first 5 or 6 days, my tummy sounded like an old, creaky floor! It was constant, but much worse at night! I had the runs so bad, I was afraid to cough, sneeze, or be too far away from a bathroom! I honestly was terrified that I would literally shit myself! And the farts. OMG. I've still got them! They are really horrid-smelling, too. I do like a good fart, but this is out of control! Having said that, my weight loss was great during the first week. Slowed down a bit now that everything (apart from the farts and the occasional gurgle in my guts) is pretty much normal. I actually feel much smaller in my stomach area (don't look it though!) I'm on day 16... 3.5 days to go. I want MEAT. Even just a slither!

• Like 3

I was the same! I'm so glad it wasn't just me! For about the first 5 or 6 days, my tummy sounded like an old, creaky floor! It was constant, but much worse at night! I had the runs so bad, I was afraid to cough, sneeze, or be too far away from a bathroom! I honestly was terrified that I would literally shit myself! And the farts. OMG. I've still got them! They are really horrid-smelling, too. I do like a good fart, but this is out of control! Having said that, my weight loss was great during the first week. Slowed down a bit now that everything (apart from the farts and the occasional gurgle in my guts) is pretty much normal. I actually feel much smaller in my stomach area (don't look it though!) I'm on day 16... 3.5 days to go. I want MEAT. Even just a slither!

oh opti is bloody horrible, i saw my Dr for my per op appointment (Nottle at Willaims town) he told me he didn't really mind if i added in some chicken to break things up (THANK GOD) it is so nice to feel like something kind of normal is being eaten, although i dont mind the choc bars, ice coffee shake and strawberry buy the rest is kind of gag worthy and the soups are just plain sh*t!! Not long now i go in of friday....wwhooo!!!!

• Like 2

Lol we have the same surgeon and you're in the day before me! :) he didn't tell me I could add chicken, but you know what? I added a little bit to the vegetable skewers! Made it sooooo much better! My favourites in Optifast are the same as yours. Banana shake is good, too. Don't really like the chocolate. Haven't tried vanilla, don't think I'll like it. Good luck for Friday, let us know how you go!

• Like 1

I have the same surgeon and i see him next week. I think by then i will be begging to have some protein. I had the the opposite affect than the runs. I could feel it start to harden up by the 2nd day and went and bought the benefibre. Hope the op goes well. :)

I have bought the cappuccino bar and berry and i can't eat them. They taste ok at first but the more i eat the more sickly sweet they get.

• Like 1

I am 5 week post op. I burp & fart alot. But the last 4-5 days ago have had heaps of diarrhea only when i am about to get into bed. It is constant for about 20 mins. Yesterday had no diarrhea, today have had during day. I eat the same things nearly everyday.

oh opti is bloody horrible, i saw my Dr for my per op appointment (Nottle at Willaims town) he told me he didn't really mind if i added in some chicken to break things up (THANK GOD) it is so nice to feel like something kind of normal is being eaten, although i dont mind the choc bars, ice coffee shake and strawberry buy the rest is kind of gag worthy and the soups are just plain sh*t!! Not long now i go in of friday....wwhooo!!!!

Hey nicole and hey fitnfab, gee aint dr nottle a little busy bee, all three of us in two days, fitnfab and my hospital times are half an hour apart!!

Fitnfab he didn't tell me i could have a bit of chicken either :( ohh well nearly there!!!

• Like 1

Lol we have the same surgeon and you're in the day before me! :) he didn't tell me I could add chicken, but you know what? I added a little bit to the vegetable skewers! Made it sooooo much better! My favourites in Optifast are the same as yours. Banana shake is good, too. Don't really like the chocolate. Haven't tried vanilla, don't think I'll like it. Good luck for Friday, let us know how you go!

lol, i might see you as i leave ;) yeh i found the choc shake OK, not really chocolate and the vanilla is the same sort of thing...OK but not the greatest. i told Nottle that the opti was blood awful and thats when he said i dont mind if you add a LITTLE chicken, so i did and it been fantastic. :))

I have the same surgeon and i see him next week. I think by then i will be begging to have some protein. I had the the opposite affect than the runs. I could feel it start to harden up by the 2nd day and went and bought the benefibre. Hope the op goes well. :)

I have bought the cappuccino bar and berry and i can't eat them. They taste ok at first but the more i eat the more sickly sweet they get.

try the chocolate i though it was better than the other two. i also make jelly, half with diet lemonade...vey nice

• Like 1

Hey nicole and hey fitnfab, gee aint dr nottle a little busy bee, all three of us in two days, fitnfab and my hospital times are half an hour apart!!

Fitnfab he didn't tell me i could have a bit of chicken either :( ohh well nearly there!!!

lol, he said if you must eat something extra he prefers a little chicken as the whole process if about shrinking the liver and he wasn't concerned about weight loss, as long as you dont eat other crappy food. i found its alot easier and i dont crave other things, i have also had tuna.... ssshhhh :)

• Like 1

snapback.pngdondon, on 17 October 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

lol, he said if you must eat something extra he prefers a little chicken as the whole process if about shrinking the liver and he wasn't concerned about weight loss, as long as you dont eat other crappy food. i found its alot easier and i dont crave other things, i have also had tuna.... ssshhhh :)

I think I've worked out that I eat crap food when I'm stressed. You know that mood you get in where you're stressed and pissed off so you go "Oh, bugger this! I don't care anymore!" then you go eat something you shouldn't? There have been a couple of days where I've eaten something I shouldn't have. I felt guilty afterwoods (of course) and I know I shouldn't have done it, but to be completely honest, I think the surgeons know that most people aren't going to stick to it 100% - I bet they wouldn't! Probably why Nottle stretches it out for 3 weeks instead of 2 like most of them. At least the type and quantity of food I've eaten is nowhere near as bad or as much as I would've previously eaten. I'm going to be good today and tomorrow and stick to it 100%. I'm so nervous. I can't wait for Sunday night when I'm at home in my own bed! How are you both feeling?

• Like 1

fitnfab, are you going to the pointcook meet up, it will be interesting to exchange stories.

Today being the last day of opti i did try to stick to it 100% but when your cooking pasta and chicken for the family it wasn't my fault a little fell on to my plate, then into my mouth......only a little :P

To tell you the truth, thinking a little of the things that can go wrong and wondering if the band will work wonders for me??? :unsure:

• Like 3

fitnfab, are you going to the pointcook meet up, it will be interesting to exchange stories.

Today being the last day of opti i did try to stick to it 100% but when your cooking pasta and chicken for the family it wasn't my fault a little fell on to my plate, then into my mouth......only a little :P

To tell you the truth, thinking a little of the things that can go wrong and wondering if the band will work wonders for me??? :unsure:

hey nicole depending on how i feel i might call down to alamanda, as i'm from point cook, saw the other post but i didn't want to committ to anything, i still wontt know until i wake up after surgery whether it has been keyhole or cut surgery due to previous scar tissue on my stomach!

• Like 2