sillybilly

Optifast and did any cheat?

I cheated too. I went out to lunch with a group of friends as one was leaving work. I had planned on having a salad but the pub meals did not consist of salad anywhere on the menu. I had a steak sandwich with some chips and someone bought me a beer so I drank it!!!! I used this as my one meal for the day (although wasn't supposed to have carbs or beer) but stuck to the diet for the rest of the time and had shakes for the other 2 meals! I felt guilty but life goes on, it didn't kill me!!!

sillybilly have you tried the bars, like someone said earlier, they seem to be more filling and great not to have the shakes all the time, I had them for lunch a lot and once i had an appointment which ran over lunch and i was close to the shopping centre that i had promised to get a particular toy from for my son, and went into a chemist and bought the bars and had one, although it was tempting to go to the food court!! The only time i cheated, if you would call it that was to taste a teaspoon of the soups i was pre making and freezing for the liquid stages. Goodluck and i did find it got easier

I confess, I didn't do it properly at all!

I should have. Tried to, but failed. I told my surgeon that if I could do Opti for 3 weeks, I wouldn't be sitting there in his consulting room!

But I ate as low fat & healthy as I could manage.

My bad!

Day 2 of Opti, its 3.30 in the afternoon, so about 2 hours to go before dinner and I'm hungry :( I am not going to cheat though, but geeze its hard! I think that because I have been home today its been harder. I need to keep busy!

Mel.

I think I'm going to have to take up knitting or something to keep my hands occupied... as an ex-smoker I have often wondered whether I'm just addicted to putting things in my mouth!!

• Like 1

I confess, I didn't do it properly at all!

I should have. Tried to, but failed. I told my surgeon that if I could do Opti for 3 weeks, I wouldn't be sitting there in his consulting room!

But I ate as low fat & healthy as I could manage.

My bad!

Wish I had thought of that! But it is sooooooooooooooooo true!

I told my doctor the same thing, if I could do shakes, starvation or low cal diets I wouldn't be in your rooms. I didn't get to look like this by following any of them. I would have thought that was obvious?

Good grief , roll on Tuesday, I am so fed up now ( sadly not literally) it is consuming me ( paron the food pun!)

Dandan, no I haven't tried bars, wouldn't trust myself with anything chewable, my jaws don't know when to stop! Too tempting to start something I might ( will) regret ! I will suffer but not in silence ( who does that crap?) .

Haha kately. What about some sugar-free chewing gum?

Yep - I already chew on occasion. :-)

seriously i just finished opti and by the time you have a

bowl of veg with seasoning ( such as 1cup raw mushrooms and 1 cup tomato and zucchini)

chocolate bar

jelly (made half with diet lemonade/water)- tastes like sherbet

and a berbal tea/ coffee i was stuffed

i also had 4 meals a day like this rather than 3, i work nigh shift and some days are really long and better to eat a extra meal like this than the alternative crap.

PS don't eat a whole bag of sugar free lollies in a sitting, you'll be shitting through an eye of a needle.......you have been warned

• Like 1

Dandan, no I haven't tried bars, wouldn't trust myself with anything chewable, my jaws don't know when to stop! Too tempting to start something I might ( will) regret ! I will suffer but not in silence ( who does that crap?) .

I barely had a shake the whole time I was on Optifast. It was bars for me.... made me feel so much better to chew and swallow something and I felt somewhat 'normal' eating when others did. Give it a go - it might not be too bad!

I'll share something funny, my partner has been disgusted with how many farts I have been doing, day 4 on opti and the wind that is generated in my body is horrendous at the moment, lucky they are fresh air shots. I was walking to our bedroom and that feeling in my stomach of cramps and wind so I let rip and for all of those that have seen Along came Polly here he sharted! That was me! I was wetting myself laughing. My partner the next day sent my mum a text message saying that 'her daughter is a real winner. My mum was proud of course. Lucky we are a windy family so nothing out of the orindary.

I know this may be too much info but wanted to share cause I still get giggle when I think of it

• Like 2

My surgery is booked for Friday and I've stuffed up a bit. Hoping this doesn't affect my surgery :-(. Shakes only from now on, maybe cut down on salads as have been gorging on them.

how do you manage going from normal food and meals to just optifast im a few weeks from that as im 6 weeks before i have my banding and it worries me i will slip up too

I was very strick on my opti , 1 week, i was to paranoid that my organs would shrink enought forsugery.

Hi bear1, I started introducing optifast into my day replacing one meal for one week prior to optifast. I'm now day 3 optifast & finding it very easy!

Hi I didn't as my dr scared the st out of me lol !!! but we did go to sizzers the night before yummy!!! Just a steak and all salad.....

• Like 1

Jade, my surgeon really impressed on me too the importance of Optifast, so I stuck to it like the scriptures! I certainly didn't want to go into surgery with a liver like fois gras. It's funny now, remembering that time, sometimes the thought of a shake was absolutely abhorrent - but my blender and some ice and occasionally a shot of espresso into the vanilla shake got me through. It was the time in this whole process where I lost weight really rapidly - I lost 9kg in the two weeks before surgery and it was SO WORTH IT! I found that I managed better post op being that bit lighter. Plus I felt like I was doing something already, rather than waiting for surgery to get started.

So, at the risk of sounding like an absolute sadist, I kind of miss my Optifast days of anticipatory nausea and constipation, because I saw a change every day! The harder time is now, a bit plateaued and being occasionally violent to my scales!

Good luck everyone xx

I think everybody puts so much thought into the optifast period that it stresses them out. Just think of it as something you just have to do, like paying the bills. Or like taking the test before you get your license. You've gotta do it to get what you want, and its only two weeks out of your whole life so its nothing really. Dont panic about whether or not you have the willpower, or think about two whole weeks. Just start with one day. Every day you get through without cheating, means you can do the same thing the next day.