Sara M

Maintenance phase

I was thinking that a lot of people who reach goal leave the forum or stop posting because a lot of the site is dedicated to topics pre and during the weight loss cycle. However, i think the one thing we have all been challenged with in our weight struggles is maintaining a healthy weight and obviously, once we are all at goal strategies need to change to maintain a healthy weight. I am sure its not without its challenges and certainly could merit its own dedicated section. Hopefully then we will retain the valuable input of our veterans and get a clearer picture of the long term strategies and challenges of living with a band or sleeve.

Love, love, love this site it has been an amazing support and we are so lucky to have it. Thank you Dave

• Like 9

Its great to talk to people who are currently going through the same stage as you (optifast, post op etc) but I find it so inspiring to see posts and pictures from people who have achieved their goal and maintaining the healthy weight. I think it's important to also get advice from people who have been there and done it all before you and have had a successful result!

• Like 1

Good suggestion Sara. After my last visit at the Docs he suggested I go on to mainentance as I have reached the lower healthy weight limit for my age. It unsettled me a bit as I wasnt expecting that and I am now currently trying to work out what/how much I can eat/not eat so as to not go backwards and start putting on weight. I only ever weighed myself on a Saturday morning. I am now finding I am weighing myself every day or so checking to make sure I havent put any weight on. It would be good to have a maintenance section as a point of reference for both bandits at goal and those nearly there. I do love coming on here and reading/helping if I can.

• Like 1

I also think this is a great idea. I am messaged privately at times from people asking how I have maintained my loss, so it will be good to have a place to post tips, stories and continuing encouragement to those that are close to their goal weight.

• Like 5

i think it would be great as well for those using this site to research about banding. I have found in my many hours online that it is hard to find information about what happens once you reach your goal!

• Like 2

Guest Bethany

I too think it would be great idea to have a separate "maintenance section", afterall this is often where previous weight loss methods have failed us in the past so would be great to explore and share with others how we can maintain our losses and look after our bands long term. This is a life long journey and I really believe that we are more likely to succeed in the long term by continuing to support each other in our journeys. It's a shame when people seem to drift from the site, maybe a maintenance section would keep the attention of those in maintenance phase out there living their lives at goal so we can keep hold of them and gain from their experiences also.

• Like 3

Yep, count me in too.

I can lose weight as well as the next person. I've done it many times before. It's just that it always finds me again! This time has got to be different - and I'm going to need support to ensure it is.

As an 'almost there' bandit, I still face so many challenges, although they're different from the person looking for a surgeon, coping with the challenges of Optifast or working out what to take to hospital.

Please Dave.....

• Like 5

Would love to see a maintenance section too...like Kate I'm nearly there now the head games are getting harder.

Am guessing Dave is in exam mode at the moment though...

S

• Like 1

This would be great! I have so many questions about the maintenance phase - I mostly wonder what I do if when I don't need to diet anymore, it's so engrained in my life now. Having others to talk to would be great.