FreshStart2

Pumpkin, Cauliflower and Zucchini Quiche

Hello,

Just another creation I whipped up for dinner with leftover vegies from the fridge. Tastes AMAZING!

Sorry, quantities are just according to your tastes... I tend to just add "splashes" and "handfuls" when I'm cooking lol.

Ingredients:

- grated zucchini

- grated pumpkin

- grated cauliflower

- grated or finely diced onion

- 4-5eggs

- cup of milk?

- Sachet of French Onion Soup mix

- handful of grated Extra Sharp parmesan cheese.

- sheet of short crust pastry

How To:

1. Line a shallow oven-proof dish (or pie dish) with a sheet of shortcrust pastry. Blind bake in oven at 190 degrees until edge start to brown (only just).

2. Mix the grated vegetables in a bowl with the parmesan cheese and french onion soup mix.

3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and milk together. (You'll have to judge the milk quantity by eye).

4. Add the egg mixture to the vegies and mix thoroughly. Pour into pastry case. Sprinkle top with extra parmesan.

5. Bake in oven at about 180-200 degrees until the quiche has risen, turned golden brown, and when the centre feels firm but springy when touched.

Would go nicely with a side salad or even chips (if you're allowed), but I just ate it on it's own (the vegies are inside anyway!). I had a lot of mixture leftover so i poured it into a muffin tray and made some crustless quiches for lunches :)

66521384533721861219150.jpg54901538453390986591092.jpg

• Like 2

looks fantastic I was just wondering what it would be like without the pastry but you answered it at the end will give it a try.

Thanks Libby

• Like 1

Yum, looks delicious. Definitely going to try this one.

• Like 1

Yep, they are fine without the crust in muffin-size serves, i would just recommend putting them in patty pans so they dont stick to the trays :) i sprayed mine and they still didnt quite come out in one piece.

I think I will try and use the silicon muffin tray as I find that not much sticks on them. I am doing a course at the moment and the muffin size ones would be the best to take with me.

I think I will try and use the silicon muffin tray as I find that not much sticks on them. I am doing a course at the moment and the muffin size ones would be the best to take with me.

that's actually what i used lol, the sides didnt stick much but the bottoms did..but you might have better luck with yours

I will try them maybe tomorrow and let you know

• Like 1

That looks great fresh start now I'm really hungry

And all I can have is soup not fair I say

Looks yum! I am too lazy though, grating pumpkin? aint nobody got time for that ahahaha

I need to get a decent food processor!

Looks yum! I am too lazy though, grating pumpkin? aint nobody got time for that ahahah

I need to get a decent food processor!

Haha im old fashioned :P whilst learning to cook through my teen years, we never had many fancy kitchen appliances so i just learnt to do it all by hand. I still font have a food processor, its on my want list but i think im too lazy to get it out, use and clean after anyway. :P

Looks great. Leanne I brought a food processor they are very quick but it is a pain to wash it up.

Love my food processor for when I have loads of grating to do (and I have a nice chickpea cookie that I make using it too). For a recipe like this I'd just do everything in the bowl so you'd only have to wash up once.