Sign in to follow this  
ms dreamy

2nd time

always wondered if you have a problem with your recent band due to some complications do you have to pay for the procedure a second time around ???

depends on the surgeon, some have it covered in your initial cost and others dont, give the clinic a ring and ask i couldnt hurt.

my surgeon told me it wasnt covered then i found out htat a friend who had hers replaced by him, got it without extra cost

i would definately have it replaced if something happened...my surgeon would do any further proceedures free

but costs for hospital would be charged...

Hi trace, I had issues with my first band, my doc removed it 18months ago and I'm going in next month for another band at no charge

My surgeon is charging me $7,598 for the op, and all future fills / visits are covered as is further surgery if anything goes wrong. Just have to make sure I keep up. My private health. Just check as all surgeons are different :)

I've just had my second band (on Friday) with no out of pockets. Was one of the deals with CBS. Just need to maintain your private health insurance.

Nonny