kirraleejane

January 2013 Bandits

it's hard to say how it slipped Lozz88. Dr T said my band had absolutely adhesions which he found odd, because after 9 months he would expect some adhesions.

I had had gastro and something happened during that time, but I still say to this day it wasn't really bad. My vomits were no worse than a few of my previous PB's, so I was shocked. Maybe because I was dehydrated!? I don't know.

I do know I was very dehydrated, in pain for a few weeks after the slip until it was fixed, lost lots of weight in those weeks. it all came back in the 6 weeks post op, until the doctor could give me a fill. I was desperate for my fill! I am not back to my second op weight. I just had 1ml removed because it felt a bit tight and I didn't want to do any PBíng. I am keen to get 0.5ml back on my next visit.

Anyhow, all is well that ends well.... initially after my first slip I wanted it removed, but so happy it is fixed and I am back on the road to weight loss.

Have you thought about getting optifast to kickstart your diet.... have one for lunch and one for dinner for at least 3 days. It really reduces your hunger. Goodluck!

Wow that's big! I can't imagine what it would have been like to do all the post op stuff again. Very proud that you stuck with it!!

Hopefully no more complications with the band. I hope I don't have any.

I started having optifast for breakfast again but maybe I should do dinner instead as you don't really need food to sleep. I did quite well on that. You're right it just takes a few days to get into.

What do you do for breakfast?

Hi everyone

My band anniversary has past ( 25/1) . What a year it has been. I started ( on operation day ) at 115 kilos and I am now as of today 69.9 kilos!! :)  I have met my personal goal of 70 kilos but have decided to go another 5 kilos and see from there. I am only 5'1 in height and have only just dropped down into the high end of overweight on the BMI chart.  A lot of friends and family are telling me I shouldn't be losing too much more but I really ideally would like to get to 60 kilos. I will re-access at 65. :)  I have had a pretty dream run with the band so far. A few P.Bs but thats my lack of concentration. I have 3.5 in my 10 mil band . I can eat pretty much anything as long as I chew chew chew with the exception of dim sims :huh:  they just make me pb every single time. I stick around 1200 to 1300 calories a day and walk most days. 

Very soon I will book into the Dietitian as I really need advice on maintaining my ideal weight when I get to it. I will also be visiting the Doctor and hopefully will be able to stop taking blood pressure medication. I started on 2 tablets a day and I am now only taking 1/2 a tablet ( under Doctors orders )  B) I have been monitoring my blood pressure which it has stayed fairly low so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good job everyone with your success's . Cheers to another year with battling with the bulge! Bring it on . lol

Cheers Ally.

• Like 1

Guest Barbre

Hi everyone

My band anniversary has past ( 25/1) . What a year it has been. I started ( on operation day ) at 115 kilos and I am now as of today 69.9 kilos!! :)  I have met my personal goal of 70 kilos but have decided to go another 5 kilos and see from there. I am only 5'1 in height and have only just dropped down into the high end of overweight on the BMI chart.  A lot of friends and family are telling me I shouldn't be losing too much more but I really ideally would like to get to 60 kilos. I will re-access at 65. :)  I have had a pretty dream run with the band so far. A few P.Bs but thats my lack of concentration. I have 3.5 in my 10 mil band . I can eat pretty much anything as long as I chew chew chew with the exception of dim sims :huh:  they just make me pb every single time. I stick around 1200 to 1300 calories a day and walk most days. 

Very soon I will book into the Dietitian as I really need advice on maintaining my ideal weight when I get to it. I will also be visiting the Doctor and hopefully will be able to stop taking blood pressure medication. I started on 2 tablets a day and I am now only taking 1/2 a tablet ( under Doctors orders )  B) I have been monitoring my blood pressure which it has stayed fairly low so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good job everyone with your success's . Cheers to another year with battling with the bulge! Bring it on . lol

Cheers Ally.

OMG ! Allycat well done ! 45 kg in one year that is astounding progress. Friends and family must be in disbelief at the transformation. And you must have yourself one impressive set of 12 month before and after photos !! ;)

OMG ! Allycat well done ! 45 kg in one year that is astounding progress. Friends and family must be in disbelief at the transformation. And you must have yourself one impressive set of 12 month before and after photos !! ;)

Thankyou Genie Jones. I will have to take some pictures of myself and learn how to upload them on here. I have always been camera shy but will hopefully get over it since I have lost some weight.  :)

Gosh! It had been a year, hasn't it?! I didn't realise. I can't believe how my priorities have changed.

So I started at 110 on surgery day and got down to 89 in August when I fell pregnant. During the first trimester I got down to 86. Now 6 months in I'm 90. I'm really struggling with seeing the scales go up (silly I know). Also cause I'm an apple body shape pregnancy weight is all in the same area as my normal weight gain which is also hard to see. For ages I just felt I looked fat, now at least it's an obvious baby bump :)

Congrats on everyone's weight loss. Allycat, that's phenomenal!! Mrs Y, sorry to hear about the issues you experienced but it seems all sorted now! Good on you for sticking with it! I know completely having it removed would have certainly crossed my mind too!

One thing I do think about most days is wondering where I would have got in my weight loss journey if I hadn't got pregnant... I'm planning on walking 5-8km a day after bub is born and when I'm well enough to kick start the process again. Here's hoping they like the fresh air ;)

Hi everyone! :) Just thought I would pop in to see how everyone is travelling. You guys have all had some AMAZING results you should be really proud!

I haven't used this site since falling pregant with my beautiful baby girl. But now 12mths later I am on the weightloss bandwagon hopefully for the last time!!!!

CONGRATS to you Mrs B very exciting times for you! Is this your first baby?

I saw my doctor yesterday and had 1.5ml put in and have been on liquids for two days. Haven't been hungry at all today which is a great feeling. 

Anyways I just thought I'de see how you are all going. Still can't believe a year has gone past.

Looking forward to getting started on the journey again YAY! :)

• Like 1