Chele85

Recipe for Xmas

Hi :)

I will be 20 days post op at Xmas time, can anyone please share any recipes with me which I could make to bring to Xmas lunch and eat myself and share. Thankyou

Have a look for my Quinoa and roasted vegetables recipes as it should go down well and it is filling and most people have not had it before I have taken it to parties and had to email several people the recipe. You could have that with a hamburger if you eat it really slowly. Just stay away from sausages as they do not go down most of the time especially the skin it gets stuck.

roast vegetables and gravy should go down fine if you chew well. Especially soft ones like pumpkin.

• Like 1

Thanks :) my family is having a BBQ with meat and salads booo lol. Will I be able to have things like tuna patties by this stage do you think?

Just make sure you eat very slowly and just have small bites and chew chew chew. Start of with some soft vegies as Leanne said pumpkin is the best as it lets the band know that there is food coming (I have been advised by my doctor to do that) and have found that that works. Just try the tuna patties I personally would have some fresh salmon as rare as you can have it cooked for just a few minutes on the BBQ and rest it then also eat it slowly. Most likely you will not be able to eat the whole piece anything that is soft should be ok as long as you eat slow, and as soon as you start feeling full stop as you can get over the top really quickly and then you will pay for it. I hope you have a great Christmas.

Thankyou so much.

I am really stressed about it as I just dont know what ill be able to eat and I don't want to eat and get sick on Xmas. So I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks :) you too

Cauliflower cheese and mashed potato would be good for vegies, as well as the pumpkin. Sweet potato works too.

If the tuna patties are not crunchy, and you have some sauce to go with them, I'm sure you'll be able to handle them.

Again, as many have said, just eat slowly, chew well, and have lots of gravy / sauce to go with whatever you decide to eat.

Thankyou. Cauliflower and cheese is probably something simple and easy to bring and eat :) is there a certain way it needs to be cooked, like a healthy version? Thanks :)

i dunno how to do a healthy version lol, i just cook the cauliflower (steamed) until beginning to soften, then put in a casserole dish. pour white sauce (made with the gravox one) over the top, sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs. Yummo.

Fish is good for the BBQ. I like Basa fish (its white and really cheap!) sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika, and then bbq it. its really nice!

i love potato bake but its sooo naughty with all that cream so i wont be having any this year. Umm you could also do a potato salad?

Haha id do it the same as you :) yum.

So if I get a small piece of fish and BBQ it and have it with cauli cheese or a bit of salad would be ok I am thinking. An egg salad would be suitable also wouldn't it?

Yep i think that would be fine :) some people have trouble with egg but you can only try it and see how you go :)

If your family are having a BBQ and salads you could probably have potato salad and fish. Mushies are anything u can mush with a fork so both those would be really easy to do that with. There is no reason you should get sick if u eat slow and make sure tbe food is mushy in ur mouth before u swallow.

I was going to suggest potato bake too Leanne, but it is sooo bad!

I would say that Chele85, an egg salad would be fine, as long as you are OK with the egg. Maybe try some scrambled when you start mushies?

And I do the same with cauliflower cheese - you can also add broccoli, as long as it is cooked a bit more than the cauliflower.

And I don't know about some others, but maybe a rissole could be done? I was OK with mince in my mushie stage too...maybe chicken or turkey mince?

you can also google lapband recipes and a lot of different sites come up

Just make sure there is plenty of gravy or sauce on hand, rissoles and burger patties can be quite dry :)

• Like 1

You can also have a cottage pie (mince in gravy with mash potatoe on top) or some cauliflower and cheese sauce which you can use some skim milk, corn flour and low fat cheese to make the sauce with some salt and pepper to taste.