jen16

December 2012 Bandits

Off my for second fill today. Interested to see what my surgeon puts in as I have quiet good restriction at the moment with only 2mls. Not excited for the needle, however. Lol.

Yay!  19kg down in 10 weeks, I'm pretty happy with that!  Lost 4kg in the last 6 weeks.  Had another 1ml put in yesterday, so I'm up to 6ml in 10ml band now.

• Like 2

Good for you Sashka! That's awesome. I've lost 18.2kg in 12 weeks (as of Friday). I currently have 2.5ml in my 10ml band and am in the green zome. Both the nurse and my surgeon are amazed by me. Apparently, I'm a one in a million to be in the green zone with such little fill. However, I am beyond stoked about it. I have no problems with any food at all and am full after a tiny meal.

This is hands down the best thing I've ever done and I cannot believe I weigh 89kg. I'm 26 and the last time I was 90kgs was at the start of year 11 or 12 in high school, so I wouldn't even know the last time my weight started with an 8.

Happy days!

• Like 1

Thats great you've only 2.5ml and you're in the green zone and doing so well. The last four weeks with 5ml I haven't any problems with food but I was still able to eat more than what I should.

I had an odd noise happen this morning taking my pills. I've been taking Elevit and my BP pills every morning and have been able to take them whole the entire time. This morning, after my fill yesterday, I took my BP pill and didn't feel it went down straight away, then heard gurgling like pulling plug in the bath. Still went down OK though. Will be interesting to see how food goes down.

Well, I had my first PB last night (I think it was a PB) because I'm a greedy guts.  Put my son to bed and I wasn't hungry but I grabbed a few crackers to eat while I watch TV.  Had one and the problem came when I had a drink straight away, I wasn't thinking, I was distracted.  The drink just there and then the pain was so awful and I felt like I couldn't breathe.  The drink came back up and I started to feel better.  Going to stick to liquids today to let things settle.  This 1ml has really made a difference.  The last couple of nights I've been feeling my band too, its not pain, but I can feel tightness during the night, not sure whats with that?

I experienced being in the red zone this last week :(

I had 0.5ml added to my band last Thursday, stayed on liquids for 24 hours and by Friday afternoon I couldn't keep anything I ate or drank down (tiny sips and dry crackers with margarine stayed down but even though I felt so hungry, I didn't want too much). Same happened on Saturday. I didn't worry too much as I was ill a few times after my last fill but I was back to being ok within a few days. Not this time!!! I constantly was sick from Friday through till Sunday. I managed to keep a little bit down on Monday but was sick on Tuesday too.

It was absolutely awful to be in the red zone. I lost over 2.5kg in less than 5 days. I made an emergency phone call to CBS (even though I'm a public patient at the Alfred) to speak to my surgeon. He very kindly told me to come into his offices at CBS and he'd remove some fill for me this morning and also very kindly bulk billed me! I was so thankful, and truly grateful especially as it meant I didn't have to go via emergency at the hospital. I had 1.5ml removed as after being so sick for 6 days he said everything is going to be inflamed so he removed more than what was just put in.

Fingers crossed things start to get better from here.

Jen x

That's sounds awful Jen. Hope things get better!

• Like 1

Is that the wonderful ProfObrien ? Hope it's all settled down for you now. I'm going to get a little bit taken out next visit to CBS too, a bit too much restriction

• Like 1

Paul Burton was my surgeon, and he was so lovely in terms of saying come to his rooms, the hospital is not worth the wait, everyones run off their feet there etc.. some registrar would probably do it and they likely wouldnt be put in the notes correctly so he was happy for me to just rock up at his rooms, even though im a public patient but this was an emergency. I was prepared to pay and for him to bulk bill me was just the icing on the cake. I'm incredibly greatful. I feel so much better and I sleept so well last night, as I had food in my tummy!!!!

now hopefully I can stay at or at keep the extra 2.5kg off thanks to vomiting for 5 days... there must be some upside! 95.2kg as of yesterday.

• Like 1

The quick weight loss is definitely the bonus, that's for sure. I know after I have a fill that I lose about 2-3kgs just from being on liquids for a few days which is great.

I hope it all settles quickly for you so you can get back into it.

• Like 1

Hi,

Just checking back in.  Have had two fills (up to 4.5mls now).  Some days I feel like I'm throwing up more than a bulimic, but all seems fine now.  I know it's all about concentration for me.  Sometimes my jaw hurts from so much chewing!

Have finally lost some weight (thanks in part to a really bad virus).  Seem to fluctuate between 5-7kgs lost.  Almost 3 months later and am glad I did it.  Hopefully the numbers keep trending down even though I find it painfully slow and sometimes dispiriting.  A weird thing though is that I had a TOM two months in a row!  I don't think that has ever happened in my entire life!  So, hopefully that means some good news for my hormones!

Take care all

C

• Like 1

Hi,

Just checking back in.  Have had two fills (up to 4.5mls now).  Some days I feel like I'm throwing up more than a bulimic, but all seems fine now.  I know it's all about concentration for me.  Sometimes my jaw hurts from so much chewing!

Have finally lost some weight (thanks in part to a really bad virus).  Seem to fluctuate between 5-7kgs lost.  Almost 3 months later and am glad I did it.  Hopefully the numbers keep trending down even though I find it painfully slow and sometimes dispiriting.  A weird thing though is that I had a TOM two months in a row!  I don't think that has ever happened in my entire life!  So, hopefully that means some good news for my hormones

C

Hi C,

I know how you feel about throwing up so much you feel like a bulimic! Gosh it was the first bad joke I made when I had my first PB. My second fill was too much and i went from 5ml to 5.5ml, and that 0.5ml tipped me into the red zone horribly. 5 days of bringing up everything and I lost more than what I had lost in 4 weeks! (Lost over 2.5kg in 5 days). I ended up having 1.5ml out.

I'm losing at a really slow rate too. About 500grams a week? If that.

It probably sounds like a silly question but what does TOM mean? (Time of the month).

Keep up the good work :D

Jen xx

Yes, my monthly period has never ever been monthly on account of my pcos.  So, even though I've had very little weight loss compared to most of you (which I expected), it's still a great result for me :)

• Like 1

Yes, my monthly period has never ever been monthly on account of my pcos.  So, even though I've had very little weight loss compared to most of you (which I expected), it's still a great result for me :)

I'm incredibly slow too, and its nobody's race but yours. It will continue to come off luv, keep at it. :D

Xx Jen

• Like 1

Feel like I've fallen off the wagon this week, only exercised 3 times. Even though I dropped to 86kgs, I feel like I have been making bad food choices with too many carbs. Back on the wagon today. Salad. Salad & more salad, and then heading to the beach for a huge walk/jog! Hope you're all doing well! x

Oh if you've fallen off the wagon, I'm back in the Stone Age. While mums away this week I think I've had vegetables once, the rest of it has been chicken and carbs. My brother is doing the best he can to take over mum's carer role (I'm in so much pain I can't even stand long enough to make my self a cup of tea. I desperately need that hip replacement but can't afford it till July!) but his diet is as white and carb loaded as you can get.

So lately I've had some roast chook, more chicken...some more frozen chicken... Frozen salt n pepper calamari (a piece got stuck and blocked my band :( ) fish & chips.. Oh and gnocchi. HELLO CARBS, HOW ARE YOU? :rolleyes:

I'm kinda glad I lost that extra 2.5kg due to going into the red zone, 3 weeks ago! Thank god mum is home Saturday evening!

Next fill - next week.

BTW - how do you guys feel about eating cous cous? What's your opinion on it?

Hopefully things'll get better when your mum is home Jen!

I think I'm doing better, cut my calories right back to 700/800 for this week & the scales are moving (thank god). I really want to reach my Easter goal before Easter!

• Like 2

Hope you're hanging in there until your mum gets back, Jen!  I just had another fill today and am up to 5.5ml.  It's interesting seeing the posts about being advised to only have liquids for a few days after a fill.  I haven't received that advice but I'm starting to think I might have to go that way anyway!  Struggled to get yoghurt and scrambled eggs down!  Very restricted and I have noticed not being able to throw back water the way I'm used to either.  Very weird as I've always drunk about 4 litres a day and am constantly drinking.

Hope you're all going well, or as well as can be expected :)  

Do you use the rest of the site much?  I seem to only ever come to this page!  My surgeon said to throw out my scales and not go on sites like these so I feel like I'm being naughty every time I come back!  Very strange.

Have a lovely weekend!!!

• Like 1

Sorry, forgot to reply.  I've only had cous cous once since the band.  It was delicious and went down really easily.  I have no idea what its nutritional value is though.

• Like 1

Hi December buddies,

Thanks so much, mums finally back thank goodness. She got home saturday night.

I had a fall on Friday afternoon and while I managed not to smash my head on the tiles or the kitchen bench (I was trying to make myself lunch and tripped over myself somehow or my leg gave way as it sometimes does... I'm not sure) I'm fortunate to have only jarred my bad leg, badly. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your opinions re cous cous.

It is a lo fat- carb basically.... Great to make salads with and mix through veggies etc that it can give a great light feeling to add to your meal.

It's Durham wheat (which is what pasta flour is made from) milled down into a fine semolina. It's 98% fat free and takes less than 5 mins to cook.

I had some tonight with sultana's, carrot, spring onion, red capsicum (cooked) & I wanted to add roasted sweet potato but I had some last night :/

Ahhhh I can do it tomorrow night!

Back to get some fill on Thursday. I'm back to 4mls after getting into the red zone by going from 5ml to 5.5ml. I need some fill desperately.

Hope your all doing well!

Xx Jen

I'm joining CBS. Going to go there next Wednesday for another 1ml fill, and will keep doing that every 2 weeks or so for 5 weeks or until I find my green spot. I gone to 97 kg and stalled again after dropping to 94 after going into the red zone last month.

Changing my ticker makes me feel disappointed so I'm just going to leave it until I get back there. :( sad face.

Just checking in. I have been slack with the updates. Things are going really well. I am losing weight...slowly but regularly. I have re-discovered food that tastes good. I am not eating for the sake ot eating anymore! Really pleased tha I did this. Hope you are all doing well too.

• Like 1

I'm glad I did it too.  Have been losing weight very slowly and not consistently (but am up to 12 kgs now which is great.  Only 30kgs to go!) and agree that my tastes have really changed.  Am seeing the Dr every two months now, so will see how that goes.  Think I have about 5.7mls in?  Not sure whether to get more or not since I seem to lose 2kg per month either way :)

Hi December buddies,

Congratulations on your achievements so far!

I've had issues from day 1. :( Lately it doesn't seem what I eat, how well i chew it or how long between bites - I'll PB it anyway ...about 80% of the time. I will probably throw up 5 out of every 7 days. I'm so sick of it (excuse the pun).

I'm losing weight so slowly (max 300grams per week?) that the only reminder I have that I have a band... Is that I've constantly got my head over the toilet bowel, being sick all the time. *MF SIGH*

I'm finally back at 5ml in my 12-14ml band. Last time I went over 5ml I went into the red zone... So my appointment on Wednesday shall be interesting. Or shall I say the outcome?

BTW - I have found I actually get some sort of signal when I eat at lunch (its not a full feeling... It's more of a don't take another bite or I'll come right back up feeling), but get nothing at dinner time? Do any of you get a similar feeling?

Jen xx

Hi December buddies,

Congratulations on your achievements so far!

I've had issues from day 1. :( Lately it doesn't seem what I eat, how well i chew it or how long between bites - I'll PB it anyway ...about 80% of the time. I will probably throw up 5 out of every 7 days. I'm so sick of it (excuse the pun).

I'm losing weight so slowly (max 300grams per week?) that the only reminder I have that I have a band... Is that I've constantly got my head over the toilet bowel, being sick all the time. *MF SIGH*

I'm finally back at 5ml in my 12-14ml band. Last time I went over 5ml I went into the red zone... So my appointment on Wednesday shall be interesting. Or shall I say the outcome?

BTW - I have found I actually get some sort of signal when I eat at lunch (its not a full feeling... It's more of a don't take another bite or I'll come right back up feeling), but get nothing at dinner time? Do any of you get a similar feeling?

Jen xx

Stay strong! I get that feeling at dinner...but not at lunch. I eat less at night, have worked out that my body tends to PB more then than during the day. I do not like that feeling so I will do anything to avoid it. I am still losing slowly, steadily, so it obviously works for me. I cancelled an appointment because I feel that I don't need another fill. I think I have 6 ml in a 10 ml band? Anyway, will make another appointment if I stall. My bloods are all good too. Sugar levels and cholesterol all within normal range for first time in years!
  • Like 1