jen16

December 2012 Bandits

No list for the December Bandits yet. Thought I'd make us one :-)

Pop by and tell us where you should and shouldn't be

3rd - jaykay28, Mitch11, LisaAndPaul

4th - Jenc16

5th - Miss K, Chele85

6th - Sashka

7th - Kerry in Perth

8th -

9th -

10th - Matandi, Candoit, Nessie, Leevan

11th -

12th -

13th - A new Lainie, Josh.thurling

14th - EmA

15th - Sair,

16th -

17th - ospanienpaws78

18th - Seeking Health N Happiness, C, Tamm83

19th -

20th - Sparkalini, Lila, Audrey22

21st - Harver25

22nd -

23rd -

24th -

25th -

26th -

27th -

28th -

29th -

30th -

• Like 3

5th of December for me .. the nerves are kicking in :unsure:

• Like 2

OMG you're all getting done so soon!!!! Jealous! I have my initial appointment 6/12. We'll see how long I have to wait!

Dec 13 for me Dr Dumbrell... i am abit annoyed though as i have to go to melboune to have it done... due to my heart conditons...

Dec 13 for me Dr Dumbrell... i am abit annoyed though as i have to go to melboune to have it done... due to my heart conditons...

I understand where your coming from in a way...

Although I have private cover, my dicey respiratory problems are managed at a public hospital, so my Banding has to be done there too. My throat problems are the most difficult part of being banded. I had "part A" of banding surgery 3 weeks ago when they opened my airways again (#9 in 24months).

When I had hip surgery, I couldn't have a normal anesthetic so I had to have an epidural. The Alfred still sent one of the doctors to the Mercy Private to be with me during surgery incase something happened.

Good luck with your op on the 13th Lainie!

MissK, Kerry & Sashka too!

• Like 1

Ooh wow there's a few of us! Im getting done this Wednesday the 5th at Joondalup by Dr Basson at 7am. Eeek excited! New year, new start to a new healthy me. Can't wait. Good luck everyone! :)

• Like 1

I went to the shops today and bought my "food" for the liquid stage, dog and cat have got enough food for about a month, mowed the lawn this evening so its all done for the next month or so until I can do it again. I think the next couple of days will be fast. Have my son's orientation tomorrow at 9am for Kindy next year, then playgroup, a play date, chiro, then swimming, then Wednesday i'm planning on having a nice day doing something with my son before my surgery on Thursday. My friend that's having him while in hospital offered to have him an extra night and as much as I know I'll miss him, I'll be glad to have the extra night at home on my own to just rest.

• Like 3

Hi Sashka,

Did you have to meet the anaesthetise ?...Im seeing him tomorrow (Tuesday) ready for my op on Friday ..first i was told ill see him in the hospital on the day next i get a phone call saying no everyone has to have an appointment prior to op.so I had to organise a day off work ..just wondering if you did the same ? :)

Hi Sashka,

Did you have to meet the anaesthetise ?...Im seeing him tomorrow (Tuesday) ready for my op on Friday ..first i was told ill see him in the hospital on the day next i get a phone call saying no everyone has to have an appointment prior to op.so I had to organise a day off work ..just wondering if you did the same ? :)

No I didn't have to. I had to answer a questionnaire over the phone and then I was told I'll be seeing him at the hospital on the day.

Just popped on to see who is being banded this month, good luck jenc16 for tomorrow, take things slow and look after yourself

• Like 2

Thanks lovely people! It's 3.30am and I can't sleep. I woke up near 2am & I have to get up just before 6.

I've managed about 4kg weight loss during the optifast phase and more importantly about 3 and a half inches off my bust, waist, muffin top (belly button) and 2 inches off my non inexistent hips. I am shaped like a triangle. A size 18 on top and a 12 on the bottom. 12-14 depending on the store.

I'm not nervous..... I have plenty of operations, the staff all know me pretty well, including the admin ladies and support staff. And This is at the Alfred!

I'm not scared... Except for maybe the liquids phase. But I've learned how to concur time.

I'm petrified of any added pain. I already take two tablets (10mg) up-to 2x a day of the endone already, and am on the much 'heavier' stuff the slow release forms of a few different types of similar meds for my every day pain until I can get my hip replaced (its falling to bits faster than expected but I need the weight off). If I have any more pain that my cocktail doesn't cover, they have to use a lot more meds and because of my stupid breathing problems its riskier as it all morphine like (codeine included) medications slows down your respiratory rate. So they have to be careful, and I just don't want to be stuck crying in agony with should tip pain and nothing to help. I'm on crutches ATM so the last thing I can actually do is get up and walk to ease gas pain, as it will only set my hip off.

I think the thought of added pain, especially when I was in pain before I went to sleep is keeping me up. Agh!!!

Time to put the tablet down... Think of you lovely caring people, my family and friends and catch a few winks.

Nights bandits xxxx

• Like 1

Jen

If you are in that much pain this will be a walk in the park. It really isn't that bad. I think it's people who haven't had other medical conditions / ops that notice it more.

I was only on Nurofen for a couple of days after. I've got osteo arthritis in lower back and had major surgery before so this was no big deal to me- just different. I've even had worse wind pain before after a big op.

You will be fine. My mum just had a hip replacement and is doing really well.

• Like 1

How did you go Jen, I hope you are ok. Sounds like you have far worse things to worry about than a bit of gas pain.

I hope you are feeling alright

Good luck tomorrow Miss K

• Like 1

jen16, hope it all went well yesterday.

Good luck for today MissK and Chele85.

• Like 1

20th December for me. Not looking forward to Opti but will do my very best. Looking forward to not gorging myself at Christmas like normal, I need the help to stop eating SO much.

Dr Bessell in Adelaide Wakefield Hospital

Best of luck to all the Dec 2012 Bandits!

• Like 3

December 21 at Mercy with Dr Dolan.

Slightly freaking out, excited, but freaking out. Purposefully left it 3 months since initial appt to surgery due to so many work functions/commitments and now trying to get back into diet mood as need to start the shakes on Friday.

Hope all that have had the bands over the last couple of days are doing well.

:)

Sorry, first post on this forum.

• Like 1

Hi Kerry in Perth,

Did you have Dr Deehan as anaethetist with Dr Dolan?

I haven't been told anything about meeting the anaethetist prior to the surgery. He did email me back when I asked what my out of pocket expense was, but mentioned nothing on appointment before hand??

Eep

Hi all,

Today I have had the hospital ring me twice going through with me the process and what will be happening on the day...now I feel nervous ..yikes

good luck everyone :D

Hi harver25,

I have Dr Mackenzie as my anaethetis with Dr Dolan I was told I would see him on the day but then told to go and see him which i m glad i did he covered every detail well worth seeing your if you can I wasnt charged anything to see him

Thanks Kerry in Perth,

I just emailed him direct and he said he will see me on the day. I might ring the Glengarry office and see what they say, but really don't want to be a pain to the lovely ladies there.

Good luck with your surgery :D

• Like 1

Hi harver 25. I have banded today and dr Deehan was my anathesitist. And he just saw me whilst I was in the waiting room. He's very straight down the line a few questions about your health and the next time I saw him I was in theatre